Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:17 AM

acdveins Woo who?
Re: "Block" HS.

I was formerly a heavy Magic: The Gathering player, and I know where you are coming from. Heroscape doesn't need these restrictions. At least not yet (and hopefully never).

Type II magic tournaments were designed because the older cards like Black Lotus and all of the Moxs were incredibly overpowered. Most players couldn't get ahold of these cards unless they spent 100-300$ per card. So, they made Type II magic tournaments which used only the three current, and readily available sets.

Luckily, older heroscape figures aren't horribly broken. Raelin is good, but she isn't all powerful. Q9 is strong, but he doesn't let a player win on turn 1, like, say, fireball and channel (I hope someone here used to be big into MTG).

Side Note:
I've have been thinking about making blind draft rules for Heroscape for a long time. These were the best MTg games I ever played. The problem I am having is how to assort the booster packs. Should "A" units be the rares (only one per booster)? Maybe A and B ranked units? I'll keep working on this idea...

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion