Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 11th, 2018, 04:52 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Gloomhaven

After finding out about this game, I was surprised that there wasn't already a post about it on Heroscapers. Now that I've purchased it, I thought that I'd make one. I can see Gloomhaven potentially replacing Heroscape as my favorite table top game of all time. Of course there was a period where I rated Mage Wars higher than Heroscape, but it really shouldn't have been.

Gloomhaven has a very important feature for me that similar games have not had. It is a system that has been around since the 70's and maybe earlier. It is a system that Heroscape uses. I've said again and again that so many games would be good if they implemented this modern system and stop using their outdated systems. That is the hex based system. To me that one factor seperats an OK game, like Descent, from a great game, like Heroscape. Some people have told me that a hex based system just doesn't work when it comes to buildings. I've explained why it does work. Some have agreed after my arguments and some haven't. Gloomhaven proves that I was right.

This game is so full of GAME that it just blows everyone away. Just the size and weight of the box alone. 10kg+. I compaired Gloomhaven to the other board games that I own. The only one larger than it was Twilight Imperium. That is only because I own both expansions for it. Even with that, Gloomhaven still weighs more. Of course my collection of Heroscape is much larger, as is my Star Wars armada. However both of those are pure miniatures games and not portable. Gloomhaven is 1/3 board game, 2/3 RPG, and 2/3 Miniatures. No that wasn't a mistake, that is a total of 1 and 2/3rds of a game.

I have options for people interested in playing on Saturdays if they happen to live in NW Washington.
Old March 12th, 2018, 02:13 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Gloomhaven

I am really enjoying Gloomhaven so far, but I'm not sure the comparison to Heroscape is the right one. It's really more similar to Descent or a DnD light, because of the role play, and all vs. the game. (Unfortunately for me, I have a lot of Descent, so I'm not sure it's 100 % replacing it yet.) Heroscape is really more of a skirmish or war game than like Descent or Gloomhaven.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 12th, 2018, 04:50 AM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I do agree that it is more like Descent. I mean that it is comparison to Heroscape because it may become my favorite game. Also because of the Hex system instead of squares. Honestly the hex vs square system is probably my largest complaint that I have for many games. For games like Summoner Wars and Mage wars, it works, however I don't like it at all in games like Descent. Also I like the more open part of it and the way the game really does keep going, where as in Descent either the players almost always win or the overlord does. I am pretty much wanting to get rid of all of my Descent now. I have about $250 worth of 2nd ed Descent stuff and I'd be happy to get $70 for it all.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; March 13th, 2018 at 05:06 AM. Reason: I bought more Descent than I thought.
Old March 12th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's my favorite game right now, but I favor coops over competitive games, so that's a key piece. My buddy and I play Gloomhaven about two to three times every weekend right now. Can't get enough.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2018, 11:05 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Well, I do agree that it is more like Descent. I mean that it is comparison to Heroscape because it may become my favorite game. Also because of the Hex system instead of squares. Honestly the hex vs square system is probably my largest complaint that I have for many games. For games like Summoner Wars and Mage wars, it works, however I don't like it at all in games like Descent. Also I like the more open part of it and the way the game really does keep going, where as in Descent either the players almost always win or the overlord does. I am pretty much wanting to get rid of all of my Descent now. I have about $200 worth of 2nd ed Descent stuff and I'd be happy to get $50 for it all.
I love imperial assault and have been looking at descent. Pm me a list of what you have with shipping to idaho 83263 and Id be happy to buy it from you via paypal.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 13th, 2018, 05:08 AM

I have the following at rounded off retail to the nearest dollar:
Core set: ($80)
The Trollfens: ($40)
Lair of the Wyrm: ($40)
Visions of Dawn: ($35)
Crown of Desteny: ($35)
Crusdae of the Forgotten: ($35)
Splig: ($9)
Splig is brand new in unopened blister pack.

So that is in the $250-$280 neighborhood.

There is (that I know of) one missing monster figure and one of the yellow dice are missing, however you rarely would use both yellow dice and missing figures can easily be substituted since I have so many.
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
I have the following at rounded off retail to the nearest dollar:
Core set: ($80)
The Trollfens: ($40)
Lair of the Wyrm: ($40)
Visions of Dawn: ($35)
Crown of Desteny: ($35)
Crusdae of the Forgotten: ($35)
Splig: ($9)
Splig is brand new in unopened blister pack.

So that is in the $250-$280 neighborhood.

There is (that I know of) one missing monster figure and one of the yellow dice are missing, however you rarely would use both yellow dice and missing figures can easily be substituted since I have so many.
Pmed and payment sent. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures