Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM

Marro Divider #4 is surprisingly tart
Glad-Blast suggestions

Ok, so I have 1 squad of the gladdies and one of the blasties and tried them in a match with a friend. I had a problem, though. The blastatrons kept whiffing on defence when they got sniped on by dw9000 and syvarris! I'm pretty new, and dont have any common squad multiples except the ones that come in the swarm of the marro set. SO... I dont want to spend more on them until I have more figures. Are there other strategies with the glad-blast combo, besides the "BUY MORE OF THEM" strategy?

+REP?

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Glad-Blast suggestions

Realin of course is an obvious suggestion. Even when players take these guys in multiples, Realin usually gets drafted with them as well.

Also its not wise to ask for +rep. Its something that has to be earned. Post something thats worthy of the +rep and youll get it.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Sonlen4MVP is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Divider #4 View Post
Ok, so I have 1 squad of the gladdies and one of the blasties and tried them in a match with a friend. I had a problem, though. The blastatrons kept whiffing on defence when they got sniped on by dw9000 and syvarris! I'm pretty new, and dont have any common squad multiples except the ones that come in the swarm of the marro set. SO... I dont want to spend more on them until I have more figures. Are there other strategies with the glad-blast combo, besides the "BUY MORE OF THEM" strategy?

+REP?
Since it is primarily a home game, why not just proxy the glads and blasts until you have the combination that you are looking for? I just started my own collection recently and even though it isn't ideal and feels kind of cheap, it is just something that has to be done sometimes. You could always substitute with any figures that are the same size for line of sight purposes and I tend to go with 4 melee to replace glads and 4 range to replace more blastatrons. That helps on the confusion aspect of it.

Great Trades : EyeOfSauron, Ryougabot, Draconious x 2, Daddyscaper, Wytefang, Huggable Zombie, Comicgash, jordy40, thestaton, SuperflyTNT and Unicornbrownies.
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:53 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Realin of course is an obvious suggestion. Even when players take these guys in multiples, Realin usually gets drafted with them as well.

Also its not wise to ask for +rep. Its something that has to be earned. Post something thats worthy of the +rep and youll get it.
I could be wrong but i think he was saying he would give rep to anyone who would help him with strategy. anyway, i unfortunately do not own any blasts or glads so i have nothing insightful to add.
although i can't really imagine taking a single common squad, better to take the krav or AE.
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Sounds like your just having a bad run of dice with the defense rolls, it will even out in the end. Not too many squads can be effective with only one set, but as suggested Raelin will certainly help, as would a rat screen.

Send the rats out first to engage, then you can maneuver with your Glads while your opponent deals with the rodents. Once they're in position, fire away with the blasts.

-insert signature here-
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:19 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Like Sonlen4MVP said, using proxy figures works pretty well. It's a lot cheaper than going out and buying what you might not even end up liking.

I don this, and if I ever go to a tourny, I can always borrow from a friend, or just play in a type (Unique Heros only, etc...) that wouldn't require multiples.
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:19 PM

rshorton is surprisingly tart

I would have to agree on the use of Raelin for extra defense. If you didn't want to use proxies the only other suggestion I have is, since you have the marrow set (if points allow it), try using some stingers. You could use your stingers to try to take out DW9000 or Syvarris from a distance while tying them up with the glads. With only one set of glads I don't know if this strategy would work very well. If you can take out one of them before engaging the glads it just might.

Me-Burq-Sa, You-Burq-Sa, We-All-Burq-Sa!!!
~ RSH
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:51 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28522

Just saying. Either way i like this combo.
Glads x1 80
Blasts x1 140
Laglor 250
Raelin ROTV 330
Finn 410
Zetacron 470
Guilty 500

Use the blasts extended range + suped defense and attack to trade shots with raged figures. If a large hero rushes use zetacron to kock off life's until he gets to close then finish off with the trons combo. If they rush any squads wait until they get kinda close, but out of their range if they have more than 1. Rush in glads and mop up with blasts. If the have a tough hero use Finn or Zet to mop him up. Its a solid combination. Laglor and Guilty can be used wherever needed.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:29 AM

pixlepix Woo who?

One thing:
Are dw and syvarius sniping while engaged?

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM

Thanks, especially to Sonlen for the proxy idea. Yes, Jerimiah, I was asking to boost people's rep if they replied well, but just realized that I need a rep first.

I have-

Rise of the Valkyrie all figs
Swarm of the marro all figs
Dumtef
Aubriens
Glads
Woa
deathstalkers
deathreavers
Blastatrons
Grok riders (got as a present from a non-scaper)
DW8000
Charos
SBN
Brunak
Dund

also have the castle expansion and the road one

Please help me make an army with the glad-blast combo

PLZ and THX

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Sonlen4MVP is surprisingly tart

Here is the army I would use based on what you have so far, no proxies.

Glad x 1 = 80
Blast x 1 = 140
Raelin(ROTV) x 1 = 220
Major Q10 = 370
Stingers x 2 = 490

500 point team format of course. I would start out with Q10 as a tank with raelin support and the Glad/Blast combo nearby. The reason I would want Q10 upfront is because he counts towards the blasts getting extra attack if he is adjacent to the enemy and he is a 2 space figure if they are coming with melee he can become adjacent to a few. With his defense of 5 and raelin support , he should be able to hold his own. The stingers range kind of sucks but if the other guy is bringing a heavy hitter, they are a great hero killer. It really depends a lot on how many points you draft with.

Great Trades : EyeOfSauron, Ryougabot, Draconious x 2, Daddyscaper, Wytefang, Huggable Zombie, Comicgash, jordy40, thestaton, SuperflyTNT and Unicornbrownies.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM

oh I forgot to mention I had the cyprein-isamu-warden-kyntyla-cypreins wife (forgot her name) pack. Sorry.

Thanks for the army idea. I'm thinking about pre-ordering the D1 wave and think that morgrimm forgehammer would be sweet in that army.

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles