Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I've been using the tri-fold cardboard display boards for a few yeas - the same ones, even - for bringing maps to and from tournaments. They work great. I also made a plywood platform they can stack on, and usually I'll show up at a tourney with maps piled 3 deep that way.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yup, I use cardboard as well. Double-thick (like the display boards) works best. I've moved a lot of maps many miles that way. Sure, a tree topples or a piece get dislodged sometimes, but I've never lost a piece and I just always bring the map schematics with me to makes sure everything is set.

I move maps from the office (doors with locks) to the main play areas at home all the time. Always on double thick cardboard.
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I was fortunate to salvage a few foam core board signs from work. These work great. I carry the loose pieces like trees and ruins in a bag along with the schematics. For long trips, like Peoria NHSD, I use some painters tape (the blue masking tape) to hold everything in place. I've carried up to 6 maps at a time in my car this way.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Oops! Double post.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:06 PM
has been BANNED

doc is surprisingly tart

Is there a limit to how far the hive can use its Hive Mind power? My computer might be not working properly but I cannot find it in the books, help?
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Here, hope this helps:

Old June 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You know what's interesting? Technically, if you control the hive and one of your figures siezes the glyph of valda, the hive now has a move of two. I don't think there is a rule that says otherwise, is there?
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

, that is a good question. I do not think so because the makers/designers probably didn't put that in mind while making the marro and the hive itself. I would guess that it isn't possible to move the hive even with the glyph of valda.
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Although, if you really want to get technical, if there isn't a rule specifically eliminating the Hive from getting the move bonus, then nothing (other than common sense, maybe) would say that the Hive could not then have a move of 2.

I've run into a similar argument with Cyprien and constructs. Cyprien's chill touch specifically doesn't work on soulborgs, but says nothing about Constructs or Warforged, as they were not created yet. So, even though logically the constructs or warforged would be very similar to soulborgs, Cyprien's chill touch still works, since it doesn't say anything about it not working.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
You know what's interesting? Technically, if you control the hive and one of your figures siezes the glyph of valda, the hive now has a move of two. I don't think there is a rule that says otherwise, is there?
Yep, there is a rule saying you can't move the hive -- just read the rule book that came with SotM - page 13 (or you can check the "book of Marro Hive")
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Retlaw just beat me.

p13: "The Marro Hive may never be moved for its starting location by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph."
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Yes, there is a rule. If you thoroughly read the SotM rulebook, you will find it. Here's a hint, look on page 13.

Edit: Bah! Beaten to it by Retlaw and Xorlof. *bows*

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's