Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 9th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker
Wing Blocker?

I was playing a game and this came up: A figure was behind Nilfheim's wing, and you could only see his foot from one side. If you are on that side, can you attack, or is the wing a LOS blocker? I think if you were tall enough to see over the wing (12 in hight) you could attack, but I'm not sure. Does anybody have an official ruling?
As a side note: This site has WAY to many smiles!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wing Blocker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
I was playing a game and this came up: A figure was behind Nilfheim's wing, and you could only see his foot from one side. If you are on that side, can you attack, or is the wing a LOS blocker? I think if you were tall enough to see over the wing (12 in hight) you could attack, but I'm not sure. Does anybody have an official ruling?
As a side note: This site has WAY to many smiles!
Can the attacking fig see the foot from their POV? Is the foot within the hit zone? If the answer to both question is yes, then the wing does not block LOS. If you answered no to either question, it does block LOS.
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

If you cannot draw a straight line from the Targeting Area of the attacking figure (the green dot) to the Hit Zone of the defending figure (the red part on the card), then you cannot attack. If you can draw a straight line from the Targeting Area to any part of the Hit Zone, then you can attack. Yes, the wings and other body parts can block line of sight.

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you are targeting a figure behind Nilf, then yes his wings become a LOS blocker. If you can see any part of figures hit zone, you may target them. So even if a figure is behind Nilf, if you can see part of the hit zone, you may attack.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

O.K thanks! It's just that he could only see his foot, and I've never heard of anybody dying from foot loss! Although, I think I would rather attack Nilfheim...

Old December 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

A favorite tactic of mine is to use the zombies in conjunction with Nilfheim.

"I'm going to use Queglix Gun on that zombie..."
"Check your LOS again."
"What, he can perfectly see--wait...you jerk."
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
O.K thanks! It's just that he could only see his foot, and I've never heard of anybody dying from foot loss! Although, I think I would rather attack Nilfheim...

Look at all of those arteries! I think it would be very easy to die on a battle field after getting shot in the foot.
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Super Bowel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
A favorite tactic of mine is to use the zombies in conjunction with Nilfheim.

"I'm going to use Queglix Gun on that zombie..."
"Check your LOS again."
"What, he can perfectly see--wait...you jerk."
Funny! And good idea!

Old December 9th, 2008, 07:18 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Or (forgets name, in a podcast)'s idea to use Zombies within the Jungle. Pure genius.
Old December 9th, 2008, 07:25 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Or (forgets name, in a podcast)'s idea to use Zombies within the Jungle. Pure genius.
That's just awesome, both thematically and competitively.
Old December 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I do not, in anyway claim that idea as my own. I stole it from someone on a podcast, and used it for my own benefit. (MAN, I love that smilie!)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units