Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 13th, 2010, 01:12 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
Re: BattleLore Discussion

bl was a real fiasco ffg wrote the game would cost 150$ with all the material und dow sols it under price.
ok we know that the expansion plans change verry qick.

but why ffg bought the game and and did some expansions, but with a new or old basic set it is hard to get new ppl in the game.
bl is a fantastic game but i think ffg would never make a new rule book , they have now bow.
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:10 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Its been a while since anyone posted. But I just went back to the game after a couple of years being busy with the other Borg games, with Taeblewalker introduced to it as my new BL buddy! I'm playing with the last five expansions I've never used, and having lots of fun. We did goblins vs. dwarves with all possible unit and weapon mixes, and now I've got the dragons on the board for an Epic game! I want to see how that Hydra works too! Then it will be on to Heroes.

I just got the Bearded Brave expansion, and Code of Chivalry is coming from Fantasy Flight too. Predictions of this game's demise seem very premature! Yay.
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's funny, I really wanted to like Battlelore. I'm a fan of the C&C system and have played a lot of MM44 and C&C:A. I liked the base set quite a bit, although I found that the Lore seemed to drag down the game play a bit so I preferred the "historical" battles. Then I bought a few expansions including Epic and Call to Arms. Now I find it hard to get this to the table. I may try to break this one out again. It should be right up my alley. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe just too many other games I like better.
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I was surprised at how much I like it, and how much fun I'm having creating customs.

Old February 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I just ordered Bearded Brave and Horrific Horde. Also, using the creature rules, wouldn't it be cute to include the Hulk and Abomination as "Green Banner Creatures?"

Old February 19th, 2011, 01:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

No, the Hulk is actually a Bruce Banner creature! Nyuk nyuk...
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation

Hey, Taeblewalker, chas, jbbnbsmith (and anyone else reading and potentially interested), it's been awhile since I begged for a game of BattleLore on Vassal here at HeroScapers - so this is me doing that now. Cavie (another long-ish time HS'er) and I play often, usually Saturday mornings, but if anyone is interested, love to have more players popping in.

For awhile last year we had some Reluctant Allies games going - a lot of fun.

Anywho, feel free to shoot me a pm here, or, better, email: t_rewoldt at hotmail.com

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:36 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a Battlelore game + the Call to Arms expansion I'm looking to sell. PM me if interested.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:29 PM

Toddrew, I have seen the Vassal site, and I would love to get in on that! I now have ordered (and mostly received) all of the expansions except the Hundred Years War and Earth Elemental promo (still bidding on ebay).

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:29 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation

Somewhat ironically, I first tried Vassal with HeroScape - not a very good platform for HS I find it works fabulously for the Commands & Colors games. I think Vassal is pretty intuitive to set up and play, but I do know many have had some initial difficulties getting it up and running - if you have any such problems, feel free to pm or email me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I now have ordered (and mostly received) all of the expansions except the Hundred Years War and Earth Elemental promo (still bidding on ebay).
If you are a completionist, I understand , but you do know that the figure for the Earth Elemental is the same as the one for the Rock Elemental in the Creatures expansion, yes? (But yes, doesn't come with the cards and lair...) Not sure how much EE's are going for on the secondary market, but I wouldn't advise paying more than the cost of a creatures expansion.

As for 100 Years' War, that should be available rather shortly as the "repurposed" French sets through FFG - all the DoW released BattleLore game and expansions will be available. Supposedly with English language cards and with the rules available online, etc. I, myself, am waiting on that particular expansion

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Double Post

Last edited by Taeblewalker; March 5th, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Here are the customs I have created so far. Right now, it's all theory-loring, since I haven't played them, but I would like any feedback from people who've been playing the game longer than I have.

BARBARIANS
Barbarian Swordsmen (4 figures)
• Blue Banner Foot Unit: May move 2 and still battle if engaging an opponent’s unit in melee
• Short Sword
• Bold
• Bear Skin: Ignore first Sword on Shield symbol rolled against them in melee
• Reckless: In melee, Barbarian Swordsmen may never retreat. Each flag rolled against them is a hit
• Savage Death: For each Barbarian Swordsman figure destroyed by a flag, roll one die before possibly battling back. Banner colors (only) count as hits on the attacking unit

Barbarian Axe Wielders (3 figures)
• Red Banner Foot Unit: May move 2 and still battle if engaging an opponent’s unit in melee
• Battle Axe: May reroll all Sword on Shield symbols for extra flags and hits until none are rolled or the target is dead
• Bold
• Bear Skin: Ignore the first Sword on Shield symbol against them in melee
• Reckless: In melee only, Barbarian Axe Wielders may never retreat. Each flag rolled against them is a hit
• Savage Death: For each Barbarian Axe Wielder figure destroyed by a flag, roll one die before possibly battling back. Count any flag or banner color hit against the attacking unit

AMAZONS
Amazon Shield Maidens (4 figures)
• Blue Banner Foot Unit
• Short Sword
• Skilled: When attacking green and blue banner units, reroll one (only) banner color symbol for an extra hit or flag

Amazon Archers (4 figures)
• Green Banner Foot Unit
• Long Bow
• Skilled: When attacking green and blue banner units, reroll one (only) banner color symbol for an extra hit or flag

Amazon Panther Riders
• Blue Banner Mounted Unit (3 figures)
• Long Sword
• Bold
• Panther Roar: If any flags are rolled, reroll each for an extra flag or hit

GREENWOOD ELVES AND CENTAURS
All Greenwood Elves have the following power:
Forest Born: When in a Wooded Terrain Hex, a Greenwood Elf unit ignores movement and combat restrictions, and is considered to have one point of support

Greenwood Elf Irregular Archers (4 figures)
• Green Banner Foot Unit
• Long Bow
• Forest Born

Greenwood Elf Forest Trackers (4 figures)
• Blue Banner Foot Unit: May move 2 and still battle
• Reflex Bow
• Forest Born

Greenwood Elf Longbows (4 figures)
• Blue Banner Foot Unit
• Longbow
• Forest Born

Greenwood Elf Regular Infantry (4 figures)
• Blue Banner Foot Unit
• Long Sword
• Forest Born

Greenwood Elf Enchantress (1 figure)
• N/A; embedded only, added to an Elf foot unit; does not count toward number of hits that unit can take.
• Removed when banner bearer is killed.
• Beguiling: When an attacking unit rolls at least one Lore symbol and at least one banner color hit against the Enchantress' unit in melee, the attacker must change the banner color hit into a Lore symbol. The attacking unit may still collect a Lore Token for any Lore rolled, including the banner color hit, or activate any powers involving Lore Tokens.

Centaurs (3 figures)
• Blue Banner Mounted Unit
• Reflex Bow / Long Sword (melee only)
• Melee Prowess: In melee, Centaurs use Long Swords and can score a hit on a Sword on Shield symbol.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games