Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 12th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Islandscape XII, 7/22/18. Save the Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
What are we doing for maps?

Might I suggest we only use maps that will be appearing at GenCon this year. A broken map can ruin its fair share of games.
Doesn't look like we'll be able to make it, Sunday is really tough for us driving 3.5-4 hours each way.

Also, I'd recommend the above. That, and other maps in the top 2 tiers of my map tier list (link in my sig).
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:01 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart

We've pretty much made a rule out of using BoV maps. I don't think I've every heard anyone complain about a map in the tournament being broken. We'll definitely be doing BoV maps again, with a preference towards those appearing in this year's GenCon (again, what we've pretty much always done). The ones for this year's GenCon are pretty standard fare, stuff we've pretty much all played many times. This is not necessarily a bad thing, since the variety comes more in the armies you bring.

Here's the map list:
Burial Marsh
Common Ground
Draugur
Fulcrum
Highways & Dieways
Quasatch Playground
Remains of Clionesia
Stygian Rift
Ticalla Sunrise

But, since you've brought it up, who can bring maps? I'll be bringing at least two.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old June 15th, 2018, 07:20 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd say a map like Broken Skyline is broken: With a map like that in the pool I'm going to be less inclined to take the risk of using melee units. Swamp Thing has its little "home base" of height that encourages a sit and wait strategy. These are just the maps I remember playing previously at Islandscape.

I'll try to bring 2 maps as well. Highways and Dieways and something else.
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I'd say a map like Broken Skyline is broken: With a map like that in the pool I'm going to be less inclined to take the risk of using melee units. Swamp Thing has its little "home base" of height that encourages a sit and wait strategy. These are just the maps I remember playing previously at Islandscape.

I'll try to bring 2 maps as well. Highways and Dieways and something else.
Ahh yes, our Round 1 stalemate on Swamp Thing several years back. Whoever surrenders their height loses.
Old June 21st, 2018, 06:04 PM

Well, neither of those are on the map list, so no worries.

Old June 24th, 2018, 09:43 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just finished building my maps:

Highways and Dieways
Stygian Rift

Getting pumped!
Old June 24th, 2018, 11:37 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

According to Warbanner, there will be no Glyphs this year, and Proxy Figures will be allowed for all Customs.
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
According to Warbanner, there will be no Glyphs this year, and Proxy Figures will be allowed for all Customs.

See first post for final ruling. We will use glyphs, but only on the 2 maps that call for them, and only the 2 glyphs they list. So we won't be without glyphs, but their impact will be a lot smaller than previous years. No pit traps or wounding glyphs.

Old June 27th, 2018, 11:34 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

"We will only use maps from this year's GenCon map list. Those maps are listed below. Only 2 of these maps (Ticalla Sunrise and Common Ground) come with glyphs, so we will use the listed glyphs on those maps. They will be placed face down, randomly, but players will be aware in advance what the 2 glyphs are."

When "in advance?"

Old July 9th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend because I’m sill be on vacation is Israel. Next time though!
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:34 AM

11 Days and counting!

We currently have somewhere between 7 and 13 attendees, meaning we will need 4 - 7 maps total. Dave isn't coming, so that's one map-builder we're short. I plan to build maps early, and drop some off at the store during the week. This should allow me to build at least 3-4 maps, possibly as many as six, if my terrain inventory count is correct.

I'm planning to build these maps, in this order, as many as I can:
Draugur - BftU, TTx2
Common Ground - 1RotV
Clionesia - RotV, FotA
Burial Marsh RtFF, SotM
Highways - RotV, FotA
Quasatch - RotV, TJ

I seriously doubt I'll be able to do more than that. The remaining map list is:
Fulcrum - Rotv, TJ
Ticalla Sunrise - SotM, TJ
Stygian Rift - BftUx2, VW

Anyone else able to build?

Also, it'd be helpful if anyone who is still on the "maybe" attending list could post if they know whether or not they will be attending.

And for everyone - if you are attending, please be sure to send me your army lists not later than 12pm on 7/21 (that's the day before the tournament) either via PM here, or via email to (my username here) at gmail.

Thanks, and I'm excited to play!

Old July 11th, 2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
When "in advance?"
It's posted on the map builds.
Common Ground - Dagmar, Valda
Ticalla Sunrise - Ulaniva, Wannok

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events