Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 14th, 2018, 09:04 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Helm's Deep battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Looks awesome! Got to invite me over when you do the next one
If you're serious, maybe we could plan something in Jersey along with @Johngee .

Absolutely! Would love to play again.

Cool! PM sent.
Old June 15th, 2018, 06:32 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

JohnGee has the most huge and amazing Tolkien type fantasy figure collection I've ever seen, some of which he brought to our Tolkien themed Islandscape convention here a few years ago. You'll have fun for sure if you use it!

Last year in a type of project I'd never undertaken, I based some Fantasy stuff of my own (54mm or 2 1/2 inches or 1/32 scale) made in Russia on kitchen floor tiles by the Russian company Technolog. They make figures without bases, because they are meant to be knocked down by toy cannons! These are about the only figures without bases I ever collected in my general 54mm collection of over 30,000 painted figures. Since I've hardly ever played with them or my other varied Fantasy/Medieval figures, and since Taeblewalker is a Fantasy guy who supports my more historical miniatures games, I'm going to do a big game here with them after my next historical one (The Battle of the Alma, Crimean War in the mid 1850s,) featuring the only plastic figures every made for that war in St. Petersburg hopefully this year. I'm just working on painting up the last of these figures now, for anyone interested in coming over for that or my later Fantasy game here in Brooklyn.
Old June 20th, 2018, 09:46 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
JohnGee has the most huge and amazing Tolkien type fantasy figure collection I've ever seen, some of which he brought to our Tolkien themed Islandscape convention here a few years ago. You'll have fun for sure if you use it!
Thanks Chas. That was a fun afternoon of HS battling. I remember it well and wish that LINY wasn't so far away. I also wish that we could do it again over & over (play-testing) to tweak the custom stats, army builds, and scenario requirements (i.e. I didn't expect the Alastair MacDirk standing in as Eomer proxy to leave the Rohirrim behind and single handedly slaughter most of the Mordor Orcs; and the Uru-hai needed more support because the crossbowmen couldn't get close enough to the Lothlorien archers to do any damage since their bows had a longer range, etc.)

I threw together some armies from the box of "extra mini's" that I had accumulated when collecting the Sabertooth LotR models. I packed up and put away over 1,000 figures that I haven't touched in years. So you've only seen the tip of the iceberg. I really need a long weekend at a local convention to do what I want to do - which is a battle for Middle Earth fought strategically on a LotR RISK map with individual tactical battles ( territory by territory ) played out on HeroScape boards, then the results would be applied to the "big board" to track the ebb & flow of the campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Last year in a type of project I'd never undertaken, I based some Fantasy stuff of my own (54mm or 2 1/2 inches or 1/32 scale) made in Russia on kitchen floor tiles by the Russian company Technolog. They make figures without bases, because they are meant to be knocked down by toy cannons! These are about the only figures without bases I ever collected in my general 54mm collection of over 30,000 painted figures. Since I've hardly ever played with them or my other varied Fantasy/Medieval figures, and since Taeblewalker is a Fantasy guy who supports my more historical miniatures games, I'm going to do a big game here with them after my next historical one (The Battle of the Alma, Crimean War in the mid 1850s,) featuring the only plastic figures every made for that war in St. Petersburg hopefully this year. I'm just working on painting up the last of these figures now, for anyone interested in coming over for that or my later Fantasy game here in Brooklyn.

Oh, how very H.G.Wells' "Little Wars"-ish of them.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; June 20th, 2018 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Added additional thoughts rather than double posting
Old June 20th, 2018, 09:49 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looks awesome! Got to invite me over when you do the next one
If you're serious, maybe we could plan something in Jersey along with @Johngee .
Absolutely! Would love to play again.
Cool! PM sent.

Sounds very interesting. I replied to your PM a few minutes ago.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 27th, 2019, 06:35 PM

AragornBB is surprisingly tart

Do you happen to still have the Faramir card? The link says the photo is no longer there.
I also have a Gandalf the White on Shadowfax and Theoden in a horse figure. Do you have any suggestions for their cards?

(I am fairly new to this website and believe I posted this comment in the wrong thread. I tried to make it a direct reply to Sherman’s list of LOTR customs. I apologize)
Old August 9th, 2021, 08:48 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornBB View Post
Do you happen to still have the Faramir card? The link says the photo is no longer there.
I also have a Gandalf the White on Shadowfax and Theoden in a horse figure. Do you have any suggestions for their cards?

(I am fairly new to this website and believe I posted this comment in the wrong thread. I tried to make it a direct reply to Sherman’s list of LOTR customs. I apologize)
Sorry I wasn't around to reply to this. I probably took down the Faramir link years ago back when I was doing a revision of him and the Ithilien Rangers. I've since finished those revisions, although this is probably too late to be of any use to you.

Old August 9th, 2021, 09:18 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Faramir & Rangers

It always amazed me how you can so easily capture the essence of different characters of Tolkien.

For those of you who do not know, Sherman Davies was a huge influence on me as a custom designer.
Old August 10th, 2021, 06:53 PM

Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Faramir & Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
It always amazed me how you can so easily capture the essence of different characters of Tolkien.

For those of you who do not know, Sherman Davies was a huge influence on me as a custom designer.
Thanks Mr. Helm, that means a lot coming from one of the community's most Heroscapey designers. (If it were easy though, I would get more of these customs right the first time. )
Old August 18th, 2021, 07:02 PM

Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: C3V stillbirth

I've been going through an old box that held a bunch of customs minis on my "To Do List" and a couple of them were minis we thought about using for C3V back when I was a member, but never did because figure availability dried up. Since I've never had a thread for my personal customs that aren't either LotR or superheroes and have always posted any ClassicScape customs here, I'll post these "C3V never was" cards here. I started with a cool looking griffon mini from Pathfinder:

With this design, I wanted to continue the Aquilla tradition of large flying predators while adding a mount that heroes like Darrak Ambershard or Rhogar Dragonspine could ride into battle. I added the Dual Strike power because I figured a griffon is two animals in one, so why not?
Old August 18th, 2021, 07:16 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Great bonding with the Deathchasers and Spiders!

Old August 18th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool. Nice mini.
Old August 18th, 2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Great bonding with the Deathchasers and Spiders!
Yeah, the Deathchasers see him and think:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards