Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 12th, 2018, 06:49 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Next Sherman Davies Scape game scheduled for Wed. July 11, tentative subject: The Bat Cave.
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:51 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Islandscape practice tomorrow! chas, myself, and 2 rookies. chas reassured them that we're older, kinder, gentler souls who love to teach newbies. Well, I'm older . . .

Old June 13th, 2018, 03:20 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sherman Davies will be here too! I've just built my five Islandscape armies now ranging from 500 to 600 points (see that local July convention under Events). I'm getting ready to build two of the nine GenCon two player tournament maps--a type we rarely build here other than when we practice for our annual tournament! Usually we play on one giant 20 x 30 hex map for a four player team or free for all map.

My theme this year is "Comfortably Custom," since I'll be using about 75% C3V/SOV, along with some of my favorite Classic cards! I think only one of the five has no customs in it! I've had some creative input on two of the custom cards, since SD is on the Inner Sanctum of C3V. Taeblewalker has done a lot of play testing for them, and I've participated down through the years with him.

I've managed Third Place and Worst Luck (our Fourth Booby Prize) trophies in the last two years, so I'm gunning for a triple play this year! But placing or not, its always a great day of Scaping. Anyone able to attend on Sunday July 22 should check it out!

This year we've moved from Hicksville to Lindenhurst, a bit West down the road on Long Island (Brooklyn and Queens are part of LI too), to a different game store. Since we don't regularly get to GenCon, (now held in Indianapolis, IN) the biggest annual gaming festival of all, where a Heroscape tournament takes place, this is our local special event for the year, hosted by the old Long Island Scapers gang. If you can get to the giant convention in the Midwest being held August 2-5--I've been there once--see Events for that as well.

The three of us with a new Scaper and returning board gamer played all five games as practice for the tournament. I won three out of five myself, and my armies are pretty good, considering I made them all up the day before. I'll probably make a few adjustments.

The new guy had a good time, and we'll probably see him again.

Last edited by chas; June 13th, 2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old June 16th, 2018, 01:38 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The NYCG4 Islandscape Practice

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

The three of us with a new Scaper and returning board gamer played all five games as practice for the tournament. I won three out of five myself, and my armies are pretty good, considering I made them all up the day before. I'll probably make a few adjustments.

The new guy had a good time, and we'll probably see him again.

Most of my armies worked pretty well.

Spoiler Alert!

Actually, they were all fun to play. In general, the strength of these armies
made up for any mistakes I made - and hopefully will do the same for me during the tournament.

Old June 16th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I won my second ever game of Rising Sun! Great gaming with @chas and his fellow Brooklynites Louie and Tim.

Old June 16th, 2018, 10:01 PM

And after you left, I won my second victory in Rising Sun, on my 19th game!

MY Eric Lang game played, including initial solitaires:

Blood Rage: 21
Rising Sun: 19
Godfather: 9

Last edited by chas; June 25th, 2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 09:27 AM

Just a mention that the Kickstarter for Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare, has only 3 days to go. I own/will own all of the Commands and Colors games by Richard Borg; this will be the 10th published! With all of their 50+ or so expansions over the years, that's a lot of C&C gaming material in my closet, making it my most heavily supported game system in over 50 years of board gaming!

My discussion thread on the entire series on Boardgamegeek is here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...rd-borg/page/1

Last edited by chas; June 23rd, 2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old June 25th, 2018, 08:50 AM

I've now made a minor adjustment to the one Islandscape army I wasn't satisfied with during our practice session. I keep their composition Top Secret, but I'll post them after the convention.
Old June 27th, 2018, 05:52 PM

Well met!

My granddaughter played her first game of 'Scape today - and she kicked my butt!

We used two of my Islandscape armies, and she chose to play the Romans, because she likes Elaria.

Taleetha
150 Romans x 3
150 Q10
100 Marcus
90 Ne-Gok-Sa
60 Elaria
550, 17 spaces

Me
240 WoB x 3
140 Morgoloth
120 Raelin
100 Krav
600, 14 spaces

In the first Round, she Mindshackled Morgoloth, whom she renamed Megalatroth, and it was all downhill from there. She had Ne-Gk-Sa and a full squad of Romans remaining at the end. Later, we're going to switch sides . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; June 30th, 2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old June 30th, 2018, 10:55 AM

Well met!

To my surprise and delight, not only has my granddaughter taken to the game, but two of her girlfriends came over last night, and we played 'til the wee hours a draft game from among figures the girls liked - my granddaughter and I against her two friends (one of whom had come over and played two nights previously (taught by my granddaughter), and understood it well enough to coach her teammate). The whole thing, drafting cards teaching the game, etc., took a lot of time, and we didn't finish, but they all had a wonderful time.

Last edited by kolakoski; June 30th, 2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old June 30th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is really awesome!
Old July 1st, 2018, 01:30 PM

Well met!

Last night, my granddaughter and I played a draft game with the map and cards I'd set up for this evening's anticipated 4 player game with her friends. The cards are below.

Othkurik, Frost Giant, Mogrimm, Alastair, Migol,
Shurrak, Estivara, Sir Denrick, Torin,
Mindflayer, Pulverizer, and Werewolf Lord

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion