Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 11th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Monday night I played War of the Ring. I was the Free Peoples and won by the closest margins. I was down to Frodo and Sam in the fellowship, as Aragorn and Gimli were in Minis Tirith, Gandalf the White was in Fanghorn sp?, and the others had been sacrificed to keep the corruption down.

I had Frodo and Sam in Mordor, on the 2nd to last space, when my opponent attacked Minis Tirith to try to get the final 2 VP's to get him to 10. We ended up killing all of each other's forces with good rolls and rerolls. So he didn't capture it but had another army one space away.

I used my last action die to move the last space and had to draw 2 corruption tiles. I was 5 away from the end of the track and ended up only moving up a few more and won. There were a few tiles that would have kept me from moving, but luckily they weren't drawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

That's the kind of game we live for! Congrats.
War of the Ring is such a great game! I play it pretty frequently and it almost always comes down (after 2-3 hours of play time) to the wire. It is extraordinarily well balanced and so many interesting decisions to make.
Seems so for sure. Though the only thing I wondered is if that empty space to the west is ever used?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 11th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@IAmBatman

Old May 13th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Been enjoying a lot of Bärenpark a wonderful easy to learn and play quick game of building a Bear Theme Park with Tetris like tiles.
It recently became back in stock and at about 30-45 minutes play time I HIGHLY recommend it. Only complaint is scoring at the end has to be done on a piece of paper or phone calculator and It always bums me out.

I've also been on a quest to find my favorite 2 player Games
Been playing Tash Kalar an abstract game I have absolutely been loving aswell.

Excited to Purchase Colby's new game Crystal Clans on Tuesday to try that out. It looks very interesting and I dig the artwork. Plus I heard good things about it on Blue Peg Pink Peg.

Backed Dinosaur Island all in and waiting for Gloomhaven which is suppose to be delivered In August Bought the Broken Token Insert for Gloomhaven to hopefully Make set-up a bit lighter last night under the influence of some nice whiskey. Figured get that built sooner than later.

~Shades

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

A Shades Fan sighting! How are you buddy?

Old May 13th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Doing great, Been playing board games on a weekly basis excited to get even more. How about yourself?

Old May 14th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
Doing great, Been playing board games on a weekly basis excited to get even more. How about yourself?
I've been enjoying life. Lots of board games, and I also lost a lot of weight so I'm feeling great!

Old May 14th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good to see you Shades Fan.

Grats Taeblewalker.
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
I've been enjoying life. Lots of board games, and I also lost a lot of weight so I'm feeling great!
That's wonderful to hear. Thanks for the warm welcome, and congratulations on all the results from what I know is hard work.

Good to see you to Tornado.
Hope everyone is doing well, I'm not much of a Heroscaper anymore, but I do love my Tabletop games still. Rising Sun, Charterstone, and Bärenpark have all been hits.

Last edited by Shades fan; May 15th, 2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old May 16th, 2018, 06:55 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Got the storeage boxes out of the attic and setup some Heroscape for the weekend. Can't wait to play. Have been playing a lot of Kingdom Death Monster, Guild Ball and Gloomhaven.

Old May 17th, 2018, 07:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

After two games of my Avengers Infinity War custom Superhero Scape scenario (see the NYCG4 thread on my signature below), we played Alien Uprising. This is a coop from 2014 (Mr. B Games, by Richard Launius) where you are members of a crashed spaceship trying to salvage debris from the crash site and fix your ship to lift off, or hope the rescue ship arrives. Meanwhile hordes of "bugs" are crashing into your weakening shields, just like in the new Marvel movie.

After being wiped out in two solo games, my first crew of live players, my regular Scapers and another pal, actually won their game. Still familiarizing myself with the rules, I didn't play, but just ran the game for them. Having their eyes on the rules now as well corrected a couple of things I was still doing wrong. Having conquered the "Easy" rated intro scenario, we look forward to the "Medium" standard game in Scenario #2.

Now that I'm posting about it on BGG as a newbie, both the designer and publisher have jumped in; and it turns out a 2nd Edition is in the works! Meanwhile I've been picking up the four of the seven expansions which affect game play (rather than being extra cosmetic "chrome").

There are some needed corrections to the rules, but a couple of player aids in the BGG Files section fix you right up, and three "table rules" from the designer that didn't make it into the final game help as well! Although I took a chance when I saw it on the half price shelf, it seems like I've backed a winner. This was a game I had been interested in back when it was being reviewed prior to its debut at a GenCon. Its the first Coop I've bought for a very long time (except for Big Trouble In Little China, now due next month in June--its on the boat).

I've just gone through the six standard scenarios for Memoir 44: Through Jungle and Desert, which provides a second deck of Combat Cards for those two terrain types of scenarios. They are well balanced and fun, and the cards work well. On now to the two multiplayer "Overlord" games; one for each terrain type. The cards can be retrofitted into any older scenario with that type of terrain, along with the older Urban and Winter decks previously available.

I just got a free copy of The Godfather: Corleone's Empire (CMON, by Eric Lang). You play on a map of NYC, and one of the businesses, the Hotel St. George, is just four short blocks from my house here in Brooklyn. Pieces eliminated of course go right into the river to "sleep with the fishes!" A pal who had already bought it came back from the recent CMON Expo in Atlanta with a free copy in his swag bag for me (also got a free game for himself about martial arts pandas). Eric Lang also answered my question he asked for me; against hearsay, Mr. Lang does not recommend mixing Season Card sets in Rising Sun, which I've now played 16 times--running each Clan twice; although I've still only won once. He says Godfather is one of his very few games without a panda reference.

Today at my FLGS The Compleat Strategist I'm picking up Quartermaster General: 1914. The original WWII game came off the shelf the other day and entranced a new player, as well as myself all over again and another friend. So I checked out the posts about the WWI design, which I've coveted for a while now, and find it rated even a bit higher than the first QMG game! Not only that, but a new (third) small expansion for the main game, which I preordered immediately (Prelude), is now due in August! How about that? QMG is a fantastic game; I playtested the first expansion here with some mates and designer Ian Brody himself some time ago.

Scheduled for next month in June:

Big Trouble In Little China
Star Trek Ascendancy Vulcan Expansion
The Great War: French Army Expansion

Its good to be retired...

Last edited by chas; May 17th, 2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old May 17th, 2018, 02:34 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I spent a lot of time this past week building a big Heroscape map to play this weekend along with a slew of other games to celebrate my cousin's birthday.

The other day, I got to try out The Walking Dead: All Out War. I'd played once at a convention in February, but we stumbled through the rules there, so this was my first proper play. We did a small 100-point skirmish with two characters each. I had a huge lead early due to some zombie combat on my opponent's side but it was close in the end. I don't think I'll ever buy this game but I'm excited to get more into it with some of my game group.

Also been playing a lot of Jaipur recently. My university club has been doing online tourneys over the summer and Jaipur was the last game we picked. I was certainly a noob, but now I've gotten a slew of games under my belt and even picked up a physical copy since I really enjoy it (let's not talk about my win record). I've found a recent liking toward 2-player games ever since 7 Wonders: Duel entered my gaming sphere in November.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 17th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post

The other day, I got to try out The Walking Dead: All Out War. I'd played once at a convention in February, but we stumbled through the rules there, so this was my first proper play. We did a small 100-point skirmish with two characters each. I had a huge lead early due to some zombie combat on my opponent's side but it was close in the end. I don't think I'll ever buy this game but I'm excited to get more into it with some of my game group.

This is a great game Scapemage! I have a lot painted, and some cool buildings and game mats for TWD.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games