Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 9th, 2018, 09:09 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played a huge 3v4 game of 'Scape last night. Crazy mix of personalized C3G, HoSS, and personal cards with a group of middle school and high school boys. It's nothing like classic 'Scape, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
And since we had some time after, we played 4-5 rounds of We Didn't Playtest This at All, a fun little game about winning and not losing!
Old May 10th, 2018, 12:15 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Anyone else looking forward to more news on Betrayal Legacy? Rob does good work, and I love the original.
I'm pretty much all in on legacy anything at this point.
I'm fairly deep into legacy games, having played Pandemic Legacy Seasons 1 & 2, Seafall, and almost every TIME Stories scenario.

I was gung-ho for a while, but Seafall really burned out my group. We got about 7 games in and gave up entirely. One player was so incredibly far ahead that even second place would have had to win almost every remaining game in the campaign to catch up. Not to mention players 3, 4, and 5. This has been my only negative experience with legacy games, and also as it happens my only competitive legacy game. I've shied away from Charterstone for this same reason, although I've heard better things about it than Seafall.

All that aside, I've got a group lined up for Gloomhaven in the fall (just placed our preorder at CSI). I know quite a few people who are pumped for Betrayal Legacy, but Betrayal really wore out on me a while ago due to its sheer randomness, so I'll have to wait and see if I go for that one.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else looking forward to more news on Betrayal Legacy? Rob does good work, and I love the original.
I'm fairly deep into legacy games, having played Pandemic Legacy Seasons 1 & 2, Seafall, and almost every TIME Stories scenario.

I was gung-ho for a while, but Seafall really burned out my group. We got about 7 games in and gave up entirely. One player was so incredibly far ahead that even second place would have had to win almost every remaining game in the campaign to catch up. Not to mention players 3, 4, and 5. This has been my only negative experience with legacy games, and also as it happens my only competitive legacy game. I've shied away from Charterstone for this same reason, although I've heard better things about it than Seafall.

All that aside, I've got a group lined up for Gloomhaven in the fall (just placed our preorder at CSI). I know quite a few people who are pumped for Betrayal Legacy, but Betrayal really wore out on me a while ago due to its sheer randomness, so I'll have to wait and see if I go for that one.
Yeah, I guess I'm technically more all in for coop legacy stuff. Gloomhaven is a great, great game. It's eclipsed Superheroscape and Sentinels of the Multiverse as my number one game these days.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 10th, 2018, 10:50 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I guess I'm technically more all in for coop legacy stuff. Gloomhaven is a great, great game. It's eclipsed Superheroscape and Sentinels of the Multiverse as my number one game these days.
I guess I am one of the few who liked Seafall enough to buy a second copy to play again at some point. One person in our group sort of ruined it after we opened the last chest and we never got to finish. I am pretty sure @akden was enjoying it at the time also.

I still need to open Gloomhaven, but I am hesitant because I feel like it will suck up all of my time. I had been on a sports game kick of late with Title Bout II, Soccer City, Affentennis, and Mini Pro Golf. Now I am back to some miniature games, mainly Gaslands, Blood Red Skies, and Legion.

I am waiting for Feudum, has anyone played it? It looks interesting.
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
[

I still need to open Gloomhaven, but I am hesitant because I feel like it will suck up all of my time. I had been on a sports game kick of late with Title Bout II, Soccer City, Affentennis, and Mini Pro Golf. Now I am back to some miniature games, mainly Gaslands, Blood Red Skies, and Legion.

I am waiting for Feudum, has anyone played it? It looks interesting.

I'm planning on selling my Gloomhaven. My daughters and I played maybe 5 scenarios, and they stopped wanting to play any games maybe 9 month or more ago. I have no interest in playing it solo, and don't want to get into a campaign with it with gaming buddies, as it would be impossible to get people to commit to it. I also recently got into a DnD group, so that will scratch my dungeon crawl itch.

I hope to get Legion played in June. I'm just about done painting my first core set and will get on my 2nd one, AT-ST and 2 Airspeeders afterwards. I have 2 buddies that bought what I did, or more in one case, but they have been too busy (or nervous) to get theirs even assembled yet. They aren't minis hobbyists like myself, so they are nervous about getting going with it. I told them to just do it and don't worry if the painting isn't perfect, no judging here.

I did recently get the Gaslands rulebook, because a buddy has played it a fewtimes and loves it. Problem is that he's super busy with work and going back to school, that we haven't been able to get together to play anything. His schedule is such that he is occasionally able to play up in Chicago on Thursday nights with that group, but that's a bit far for me to do on a weeknight. When his schedule clears up, I really want to try Gaslands.

I also recently gotten my The Drowned Earth kickstarter and had taken a break from painting Legion to get TDE models assembled, based and primed. Can't wait to give that a go.

Still want to play more The Walking Dead All Out War, Frostgrave, Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, Halo Ground Command, Rumbleslam, Guild Ball and Infinity.

You should try Rumbleslam G-O, I think you'd like that one.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:39 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I have and do like Rumbleslam, although it is tough to get people to play. I grew up watching the NWA and then WWF, so it was a must have for nostalgic reasons. Wrestling was huge in Florida, especially near me because Dory Funk Jr's Funking Conservatory is in my home town.
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I did recently get the Gaslands rulebook, because a buddy has played it a fewtimes and loves it. Problem is that he's super busy with work and going back to school, that we haven't been able to get together to play anything. His schedule is such that he is occasionally able to play up in Chicago on Thursday nights with that group, but that's a bit far for me to do on a weeknight. When his schedule clears up, I really want to try Gaslands.
Yeah, Gaslands is pretty cool. Maybe you can get one of your Walkind Dead opponents to give it a try as there is a zombie scenario in the Gaslands book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
I have and do like Rumbleslam, although it is tough to get people to play. I grew up watching the NWA and then WWF, so it was a must have for nostalgic reasons. Wrestling was huge in Florida, especially near me because Dory Funk Jr's Funking Conservatory is in my home town.
As with many miniatures games, it can be hard to find opponents. I had won the base set and 2 superstars (Gun and Ronnie Salvage) at a small local convention that I demoed The Walking Dead All Out War at. I bought $10 worth of raffle tickets and ended up winning one prize off the prize table and I jumped all over Rumbleslam. I picked up a couple more superstars at Adepticon in March.

I've only gotten to play it once so far, but liked it a lot, and the models are fun. My buddy Chris had picked up a couple teams at Adepticon and has one team painted, but he's the one that's been stupid busy with work and going back to school. I think he'll be done for the semester of school soon, so we might be able to catch up and get some minis gaming done. He also has some great Arena Rex models painted and I got to try that once in the fall and really like it. Want to play that again, as well as a game called Relic Blade that has as well.

Old May 10th, 2018, 11:52 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

After two solos, just played my first game of Alien Uprising with live players. I ran the game, and four others crewed the desperate crashed ship, and managed to repair and take off, winning the intro level scenario (#1). We had a good time with it, and expect to play it again, and even pimp it out a bit, perhaps using Star Trek minis.

I recently also got three of the seven small expansions, and they just put the alternate two sided Cliff Crash game map up for sale--previously it was a Kickstarter Exclusive only--you can get it on the shopping cart at mrbgames@gmail.com (supplies are supposedly limited, since the game came out in 2014), and has not been reprinted.
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Yeah, Gaslands is pretty cool. Maybe you can get one of your Walkind Dead opponents to give it a try as there is a zombie scenario in the Gaslands book.
I'll have to check that out. I haven't had time to really look at the rulebook yet. I got it a week or so ago, but have been looking at the Legion, DnD and The Drowned Earth rulebooks when I have some reading time.

This time of year has also put a crimp in my hobby time after work, as I've been having to mow the lawn twice a week, as well as other house and yard work.

Too many games, need more time

Old May 10th, 2018, 01:50 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Monday night I played War of the Ring. I was the Free Peoples and won by the closest margins. I was down to Frodo and Sam in the fellowship, as Aragorn and Gimli were in Minis Tirith, Gandalf the White was in Fanghorn sp?, and the others had been sacrificed to keep the corruption down.

I had Frodo and Sam in Mordor, on the 2nd to last space, when my opponent attacked Minis Tirith to try to get the final 2 VP's to get him to 10. We ended up killing all of each other's forces with good rolls and rerolls. So he didn't capture it but had another army one space away.

I used my last action die to move the last space and had to draw 2 corruption tiles. I was 5 away from the end of the track and ended up only moving up a few more and won. There were a few tiles that would have kept me from moving, but luckily they weren't drawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

That's the kind of game we live for! Congrats.
War of the Ring is such a great game! I play it pretty frequently and it almost always comes down (after 2-3 hours of play time) to the wire. It is extraordinarily well balanced and so many interesting decisions to make.
Old May 11th, 2018, 02:12 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm going back to playing Quartermaster General tomorrow. Looking over the boards at BGG, I discovered that a third small expansion for it, Prelude just finished its Kickstarter, so I did a Preorder which was linked to that KS page. I have playtested its first expansion, Air Marshal with the designer here, and also own the second, which is Alternate Histories.

Its a great game, which allows you to do all of WWII in 3 hours, mostly with cards, although there is a simple board with army and navy pieces as well!

(Edit) We had a great 3 Player game, introducing one person to the system, which he loved. I'm thinking about getting the WWI version Quartermaster General 1914, as its got good press and an even higher rating on BGG.

Last edited by chas; May 13th, 2018 at 06:00 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games