Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 29th, 2018, 10:11 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart
Islandscape XII, 7/22/18. Save the Date!

Islandscape continues, with its twelfth straight year of competition!

SAVE THE DATE
Sunday, July 22nd 12pm - 6pm
at
Legendary Realms

294 E Montauk Hwy, Lindenhurst, NY 11757
(Just a mile from the Lindenhurst train station)

Set up from 11:30 - 12:30, first round will start by 1pm.
5 rounds, Swiss style, with the top 2 at the end of the 4th round playing for the championship.

Battle of the (up to) Five Armies
  • Players may bring up to five unique armies. Non-unique units may be duplicated within armies, but no unit may be used in more than a single army.
  • Point limit for the first army is 500. If you bring a second army, its point limit is 525. Point limit for your third army is 550, for the fourth army 575, and for the fifth army, 600.
  • All armies must be played in increasing size order. If you bring fewer than five armies, your largest army will be the one you continue play in all later rounds.
  • Starting zone hex limit is 18 spaces for all armies.
  • Please bring a pre-printed list of all armies, to save time and my (little remaining) sanity. Alternatively, send me your list via PM or email me: warbanner at gmail.
  • Cost is free, but we do request you bring a prize for the prize table, and show some love for our host, Legendary Realms.
Important Note
I will be bringing *at least* one extra set of five armies, in case anyone does not have the werewithal to build a full set. I will happily offer anyone without armies to use that, or even to use the set of five I plan to use myself, if they wish. I can also pretty well guarantee that if you need a unit, ask, and someone who is coming will bring it. Proxies are also allowed, if necessary.

6/16 update: Trophies are in, and they look good. Also, I got some Varkaanians for the prize table.

6/27 update: Ruling on maps and glyphs:
We will only use maps from this year's GenCon map list. Those maps are listed below. Only 2 of these maps (Ticalla Sunrise and Common Ground) come with glyphs, so we will use the listed glyphs on those maps. They will be placed face down, randomly, but players will be aware in advance what the 2 glyphs are.
Burial Marsh
Common Ground
Draugur
Fulcrum
Highways & Dieways
Quasatch Playground
Remains of Clionesia
Stygian Rift
Ticalla Sunrise

Attendees:
  1. Warbanner
  2. Chas
  3. Sir Dendrik
  4. DoomCarrot
  5. Kolakoski
  6. Taeblewalker
  7. IshMEL
  8. Son of IshMEL
Maybe:
Nicholas
Houndsrule
DragonRuler
ManatArms
MathJedi
JohnGee

Unable to attend:
Sherman Davies
OrcElfArmyOne
Grishnakh
Son of Grishnakh
Rich10
Jet

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"

Last edited by WarBanner; July 17th, 2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old May 1st, 2018, 11:53 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Islandscape XII, 7/22/18. Save the Date!

Looking forward to it as always!
Old May 5th, 2018, 10:31 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Tagging:
@chas , @kolakoski , @Taeblewalker , @IshMEL , @Grishnakh , @mogrebla , @Sir Dendrik , @acefrehley , @Ace Histoli , @OrcElfArmyOne , @houndsrule , @superfrog , @Man_At_Arms , @Jet , The_X_Marker, @Johngee , @DoomCarrot , @Dad_Scaper , @Rich10
Old May 5th, 2018, 10:32 PM

Tagging:
@chas , @kolakoski , @Taeblewalker , @IshMEL , @Grishnakh , @mogrebla , @Sir Dendrik , @acefrehley , @Ace Histoli , @OrcElfArmyOne , @houndsrule , @superfrog , @Man_At_Arms , @Jet , @The_X_Marker , @Johngee , @DoomCarrot , @Dad_Scaper , @Rich10
Old May 5th, 2018, 10:39 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Can't commit to it yet, but you can put myself, DragonRuler, and houndsrule on the maybe list. Hope we can make it down again to what is always a great event!
Old May 5th, 2018, 10:44 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

I'm also a maybe! I won't know until later. But I'm definitely interested!
Old May 6th, 2018, 05:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hooray for Islandscape. Don't forget the trophies...and cake!

But dudes, Saturday is the 21st; not the 22nd.
Old May 6th, 2018, 03:50 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

I’m in and I’ll be bringing MathJedi who I think some of you may have met. Looking forward to this once again!
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:57 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hooray for Islandscape. Don't forget the trophies...and cake!

Good catch.
I should be there.
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
@WarBanner , you may want to fix the OP and title of this thread.
Old May 7th, 2018, 10:10 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart

You are correct, but the date is right, the DAY is wrong. The tournament will be Sunday. Thanks for the catch, guys!

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old May 8th, 2018, 10:17 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Thanks for the TAG to keep me in the info loop. I am always interested, but can't commit this far out. The distance ( > 3 hrs. drive ), the cost ( gas, GSP & bridge trolls, etc. ), family obligations, and conflicting work schedule, are all factors that need to be considered and coordinated. I'll check back in occasionally to keep in touch.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events