Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 20th, 2018, 01:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
R.I.P.: R. Lee Ermey

R. Lee Ermey, a US Marine Drill Sgt. wounded several times in Viet Nam, played a military man (usually the typical tough Drill Instructor) in such films as The Boys In Company C, Apocalypse Now, and Full Metal Jacket (nominated for a Golden Globe for the latter). Yeah, that guy.

He later had many other roles, such as Briscoe County Sr. in the Bruce Campbell cult TV SciFi Western series Briscoe County Jr. RLE also hosted two History channel nonfiction shows, Mail Call and Lock and Load.

A USMC Staff Sgt., after his service he received an honorary promotion to Gunnery Sgt. in recognition of his many USO type appearances for our servicemen overseas.

Semper Fi, Gunny

Last edited by chas; April 20th, 2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old April 20th, 2018, 02:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: R.I.P.: R. Lee Ermey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
R. Lee Ermey, a US Marine Drill Sgt. wounded several times in Viet Nam, played a military man (usually the typical tough Drill Instructor) in such films as The Boys In Company C, Apocalypse Now, and Full Metal Jacket (nominated for a Golden Globe for the latter). Yeah, that guy.

He later had many other roles, such as Briscoe County Sr. in the Bruce Campbell cult TV SciFi Western series Briscoe County Jr. He also hosted two History Channel nonfiction shows, Mail Call and Lock and Load.

A USMC Staff Sgt., after his service he received an honorary promotion to Gunnery Sgt. in recognition of his many USO type appearances for our servicemen overseas.

Semper Fi, Gunny
Oh man...I hadn't heard. Thanks for posting.

Loved his movies but my all time favorite was one of his shows he had a garden where he grew watermelons and stuff that he called "the enemy". He'd use them for target practice. Thought that was funny.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 20th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Huh. I wouldn't have heard, Chas, if you didn't post. Thank you for sharing.

I am sure many readers already know that he broke into acting during the shoot of Full Metal Jacket. He was on set as a technical adviser for Stanley Kubrick, and he did the drill instructor bit - in Kubrick's eyes, at least - better than the actor they had on set for the role. The rest is history.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 20th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Don't forget Sarge, from Toy Story!

I especially enjoyed his Lock n' Load show on the History Channel. I think he must have been frightened attacked by a watermelon at an early age.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General