Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 27th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
3 Years = Lifetime?

Hey there White Knight!

I'm thinking that anyone who pays for three or more '1-year' subscriptions is 'upgraded' to a lifetime supporter. However, I can't seem to find mention of that anywhere in the forums to back me up, so I may very well be horribly mistaken...

The person with the final word on that would be @Xorlof . Let's see what he says...

^_~
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old August 29th, 2017, 12:17 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Official Site Question Dump

Well ummm...

I can't edit the original post in our tournament thread.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0863.PNG (379.8 KB, 9 views)
Old August 29th, 2017, 01:36 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Well ummm...

You mean it just comes up blank when you click the edit button? Did you try reloading the page?

~TGRF.

EDIT: A quick Google search turned this up. Something the admins might want to look into if it isn't an isolated instance.
Old August 29th, 2017, 03:53 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I did something like that originally @White Knight . I had paid for one year, then when that was nearly expired I contacted truth and asked him if I could pay the balance to upgrade to a Life membership (he agreed). He's not around much anymore, maybe @Xorlof ?
Old August 29th, 2017, 10:28 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Well ummm...

You mean it just comes up blank when you click the edit button? Did you try reloading the page?

~TGRF.

EDIT: A quick Google search turned this up. Something the admins might want to look into if it isn't an isolated instance.
Yeah I've tried in on my computer and screenshottes it from my phone.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:06 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well ummm...

~TGRF.

See if a moderator also has the same problem. If so, that means it's an error in the post itself, and not actually something with the site as a whole. That can help to narrow some things down.

Really though, an admin would know more than I would, so I'll join the queue mentioning @Xorlof .

~TGRF.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well ummm...

~TGRF.

See if a moderator also has the same problem. If so, that means it's an error in the post itself, and not actually something with the site as a whole. That can help to narrow some things down.

Really though, an admin would know more than I would, so I'll join the queue mentioning @Xorlof .

~TGRF.
I'll also mention @Xotli , as Xorlof appears to be busy.

~TGRF.
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:41 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@heroscaper2010 - I was gonna suggest this: Hit quote on the post - copy and paste the text (except the QUOTE tag) then cancel and edit the post and paste what you copied? cumbersome, but would work for the time.

However, when I quote that post, I also get a blank. Must be an issue on the DB side or some weird formatting you used that lets you save once, but prevents quoting/editing - probably because of some vBulletin escape character. Only @Xotli or @Xorlof can fix by editing the vBulletin DB for post 2127546 and removing characters that would cause this error.
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@heroscaper2010 - I was gonna suggest this: Hit quote on the post - copy and paste the text (except the QUOTE tag) then cancel and edit the post and paste what you copied? cumbersome, but would work for the time.

However, when I quote that post, I also get a blank. Must be an issue on the DB side or some weird formatting you used that lets you save once, but prevents quoting/editing - probably because of some vBulletin escape character.
I tried quoting also. Same result. :/

Last edited by Sheep; August 30th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

However, when I quote that post, I also get a blank. Must be an issue on the DB side or some weird formatting you used that lets you save once, but prevents quoting/editing - probably because of some vBulletin escape character.
I tried quoting also. Same result. :/
Yeah, that means it's a post problem, and not a site problem. I'll second lefton4ya - it's something only an admin can fix.

~TGRF.
Old September 1st, 2017, 05:24 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Blank Box, ...Blank Stare?...

Quote:
Well ummm...

Hmmm, ...I'm not sure what's happening there.

I can edit it just fine. I've tried from three different browsers (ie, chrome, and firefox), and all of them worked perfectly... X_x

It's possible your 'Interface Options' are messing you up somehow. Go to your User CP, then under 'Settings & Options', choose 'Edit Options'. Down near the bottom of the page, you'll see a 'Miscellaneous Options' box with a 'Message Editor Interface' dropdown selector. If that is set to "Enhanced - WYSIWYG", then that might be your issue. I've personally seen that WYSIWYG editor cause 'blankout' problems before (granted, that was several years ago). Try changing your setting to "Standard Editor" or "Basic Editor" and see if that makes a difference...

If not, ...I'm out of suggestions. You'll have to wait for somebody 'schmart' whose name starts with an "X" to come by and weigh in...

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old September 1st, 2017, 06:22 PM

Re: Blank Box, ...Blank Stare?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
Quote:
Well ummm...

Hmmm, ...I'm not sure what's happening there.

I can edit it just fine. I've tried from three different browsers (ie, chrome, and firefox), and all of them worked perfectly... X_x

It's possible your 'Interface Options' are messing you up somehow. Go to your User CP, then under 'Settings & Options', choose 'Edit Options'. Down near the bottom of the page, you'll see a 'Miscellaneous Options' box with a 'Message Editor Interface' dropdown selector. If that is set to "Enhanced - WYSIWYG", then that might be your issue. I've personally seen that WYSIWYG editor cause 'blankout' problems before (granted, that was several years ago). Try changing your setting to "Standard Editor" or "Basic Editor" and see if that makes a difference...

If not, ...I'm out of suggestions. You'll have to wait for somebody 'schmart' whose name starts with an "X" to come by and weigh in...

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

^_^
-LordRaidor-
I can confirm that I also can quote the post and see everything there. I suppose it's possible that both @heroscaper2010 and @lefton4ya have the same settings that LR described above...

~TGRF.

Possibly very important note: If I click directly on the link provided by lefton4ya, I also get the blank box. However, if I click on the thread and then attempt to quote the post myself, I do not. That seems strange. I am using the enhanced editor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online