Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

We have that same tablecloth! Only in green, and without a metric ton of Smurfs on it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 2nd, 2017, 06:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Aww crap. Looks like I am hooked now.

You are lucky I am a huge smurfs fan. Or at least was.

Had tons of figures(which I am sure would be worth a fortune now, thanks mom).
I has a smurfs' record(that is an ancient device that stored music kids). Think Alvin and the Chipmunks but hideously worse.
I had a smurfs birthday cake. Smurfs playing tennis!
Sounds Smurfy! We just finished sorting our Smurfs a few weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Once I'm satisfied Dr. Doom and Amazo workout you know I'm on board to help out at least for the C3G ones. I'd likely set up a Photoshop Template if you aren't using photoshop and create an action to toonify the mini's unless that is a process that would be delivered so that I just take care of colors and text.
Sounds great! The toonification happens elsewhere.

Have you done Dr. Doom and Amazo in the JAB style yet? If so, it would be great if you could post a snapshot of those two so we have direct comparison. (I'm guessing they push the limits of both designs). Also if you happen to have good mini images for those two, I could scoop those up instead of sourcing my own.
as requested...

if you print this to get a visual sense remember that it has a bleed area so don't try to force it to print at 2.5x3.5 or it will be squeezed a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
We have that same tablecloth! Only in green, and without a metric ton of Smurfs on it.
I'm pretty sure we have the Green version as well. And you were close but I believe it's actually a crap ton. Often confused with a metric ton so I don't blame you for the mistake. However a metric ton measures mass whereas a crap-ton measures volume.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 11:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Measurements by the crap ton. Im still chuckling. My phone wont let me rep you yet.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 3rd, 2017, 07:12 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just for the Record...

Well, just for the sake of a completely documented 'history', here is what my 'card-sized' cards look like...

In my defense, I made this pathetic excuse for a card template back when the only official units we had available were the Base Set and Wave One. I had tons of self-made customs back then, and I wanted them to 'match' the official stuff card-wise, so I whipped up this template for my customs AND remade versions of the official stuff to match. My concerns weren't aesthetic at all. I wanted to be able to reference all the important info, AND use a minimum of ink on my little inkjet printer that was cranking these out at home... ^_^

Compared to EVERY other effort made since then, I realize that my original offering here is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. No apologies though - I did what I had to at the time for the sake of HeroScape. ^_~

The newest evolution of the design in this thread is OUTSTANDING. My one and only suggestion would be to make the POINT COST stand out a bit more. Not that it has to be bigger, just bolded, or colored, or shadowed, or something. We regularly do 'randomish' drafts on the fly when we 'Scape, and it's nice to have the point cost 'pop' out at you instead of having to strain to see it (thus the red-bold-top-center placement in my version). Beyond that, I think the new format is awesome.

...And if everybody could forget they ever even saw my early version, that would be awesome too...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old March 5th, 2017, 09:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Just for the Record...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
No apologies though - I did what I had to at the time for the sake of HeroScape. ^_~
Nothing to apologize for - you got the ball rolling. And that minimalist aesthetic isn't so terrible, anyway.

Quote:
My one and only suggestion would be to make the POINT COST stand out a bit more. Not that it has to be bigger, just bolded, or colored, or shadowed, or something. We regularly do 'randomish' drafts on the fly when we 'Scape, and it's nice to have the point cost 'pop' out at you instead of having to strain to see it (thus the red-bold-top-center placement in my version).
I'm gonna take this as a +1 to the "bring back the coin icon" camp.
Old March 5th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Just for the Record...

Quote:
The newest evolution of the design in this thread is OUTSTANDING. My one and only suggestion would be to make the POINT COST stand out a bit more. Not that it has to be bigger, just bolded, or colored, or shadowed, or something. We regularly do 'randomish' drafts on the fly when we 'Scape, and it's nice to have the point cost 'pop' out at you instead of having to strain to see it (thus the red-bold-top-center placement in my version).
Excellent suggestion. It really does need to pop more. Perhaps moved to the bottom row? Is that where the coin icon was?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is really cool, Xorlof. I look forward to the day I can have a complete set printed on playing cards.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 6th, 2017, 05:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm holding back finishing quite a few designs of my own just to put them on these card blanks.

Old March 6th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm glad you posted that, LordRaidor. It clearly shows yours was the parent of the Raudulfr Shieldcrusher designs, something I never knew.

Anyway, here is an incomplete design for C3G Dr. Doom. LOTS OF WORDS! (Forgive the minor weirdness in the mini graphic. I don't care to fix those sorts of things for these tests since that's not the thing we're testing at the moment):

Let's see the design stacked up right next to @japes design, both at the same resolution. You'll notice my special power text looks quite a bit darker and less refined--that's because I'm creating these mockups in Word (read back through the thread for the boring reason if curious why). Final templates will be done in an Adobe product (same as his), so the text will eventually be just as beautiful. Because jape's design has more space devoted to text, his text's characters are a able to be a pixel taller (18 vs 17).

Now here's a more bold version of the points. Any better @LordRaidor , @dok , @Dad_Scaper ? (An in-between boldness is actually in the graphic above that next to jape's design):

Earlier in the thread, someone requested to see what the design looks like with a black line above the bottom bar:

Here's what things look like if you have big numbers. (Font size for life had to be reduced. The others stayed their normal size):

Here are some options for replacing the blood splatter:

And I started working with an option for a smaller bottom bar. It gives more space for special power text. For squads, I think we'd drop the stacking of the hitzone graphics and just put smaller versions to the right of the main, labelled one.

@japes , can you send me vectors of the C3G logo, and the two symbols (flying, super strength) so I can incorporate them on this design? I dropped the Marvel logo on this. I don't think it has a gameplay purpose and figure it could go on the back of the cards. Does anyone care that it is missing from the front?

Lots of options. What do you think, sirs?

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; March 6th, 2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old March 6th, 2017, 06:41 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I dig the heart and like the cutout on the bottom bar to make more space for text.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 6th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I forgot to point out that the last two images also show an additional option for points shown, putting it right after PERSONALITY.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:22 PM
"like" happy

The original blood spatter is my favorite, It keeps it familiar with heroscape. I like the point cost as it was better than the new position. The smaller bar has slightly more room for text but the bar that is straight across is more appealing to the design of the card for me. I'm still really digging the figure art. I think its grown on me more and more and now I like it better than comic art I think. There's my pennies, great job Xorlof.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations