Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 29th, 2016, 10:53 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Annihilus

Annihilus started out as a Fantastic Four villain, who lived in the Negative Zone.
Old July 30th, 2016, 10:08 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I love the fact that you are still pumping out cards and expanding the already awesome Shermaverse. One of these days I have to bring the boys out to see you guys battle it out.
If you and the boys ever make it out to another of me and Grishnakh's game days (3rd Saturday of the month, most months), you'll be doing more than watching us battle - we'll make room at the table for you, my friend.

As for the expanding Shermanverse, I'd say it's almost done expanding. I think I have less than 20 cards left until I have a design for all the minis in my collection, so hopefully I'll have those all done by this time next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
LOVE Cloak and Dagger. Definitely printing these out after Gencon. Nick Fury is awesome, too. Great character in each of these, with simple, Official-style mechanics.

I don't know a lot about Annihilus, but I do have a clix figure for him, and the mechanic is very interesting. (Whichever comics he was in, I guess I missed.)
Thanks! If you get a chance to play with Cloak and Dagger, I hope you'll let me know how those games went.

As chas says, Annihilus lives in another dimension called the Negative Zone, aka the Fantastic Four's Summer Vacation Spot. He's basically an insect from that dimension that came across an artifact called the Cosmic Control Rod and used its power to live forever and rule the dimension. His schtick is that he values his survival above all else and, since his cosmic doodad keeps him alive, lives in constant fear of losing it.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 02:09 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Love the risk/reward of the Cosmic Control Rod power. An elegant design. Great work!
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:00 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Love the risk/reward of the Cosmic Control Rod power. An elegant design. Great work!
Thanks, I'm particularly happy that I was able to keep Annihilus to two powers, as my goal is always to try and hew as closely to the official Heroscape canon as I can. His most obvious parallel is Thanos, another cosmic ranged flyer who gets to come back from the dead; Annihilus is faster and hits harder, but comes back weaker and can't pull it off more than once.
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:34 AM

Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Avengers Quinjet

I recently came across a great ebay deal on an Avengers Quinjet toy that could be used as a terrain feature for my Heroscape games, so I decided to make a destructible object card for it:

I was so excited by how well the Quinjet's scale lined up with Heroscape figures that I took a "class photo" including all the Shermanverse characters that have been or will soon be in the various Marvel movies and TV shows:

While I was at it, I also whipped up cards for some more terrain I own:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; August 13th, 2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old August 13th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Whoa, Girder & Panel pieces from my childhood. I know they were re-produced recently with some train and construction toys but those building pieces were huge for my brother and I when we were kids.

My first set was red like these purchased for 25 cents at a garage sale. From there, the ones produced in my day were black (bridges) and blue (buildings) with window panels that allowed for awesome sky scrapers. I always thought they would make great battle sets for Heroscape if only I still had them 35 years later. We would build mini sites for our matchbox cars and it was unbelievable.

Using them as projectiles is great. I need a time machine to go back and get my entire box of these. Stupid me passed on the yellow construction set I saw on Target clearance just a year ago.

Sherman Davies, you are da' man.
Old August 13th, 2016, 06:04 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

That's some good looking aircraft!
Old August 13th, 2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I need a time machine to go back and get my entire box of these. Stupid me passed on the yellow construction set I saw on Target clearance just a year ago.
Yeah, I picked up the set I have from a Toys R Us clearance bin last year for $3 or so. If you ever decide to join Grishnakh and me at one of our game days (our next one should be 9/17), lemme know and I'll bring a bunch of pieces for you - I have more than I'll ever really need.

Edit: I forgot to add that the Quinjet toy is called the Avengers: Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet, for anyone out there interested in buying one for themselves.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; August 13th, 2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old August 14th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Avengers Quinjet

Cool stuff Sherm.

Love the jet.

I may have to steal those girder cards someday.

I picked up an original set(with the panels) at a local comic book store. Very cool.

You can still order the new versions online.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 14th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks Sherm, I just may take you up on the offer. I'll let you know when the Helm family can make an appearance out east.

As for the quinjet, I just ordered one from target.com for $7.99. Fre shipping with the red card. Even if I don't like the look on my super scape maps it looks like it will be perfect for my little one to stick his minimates in. I just couldn't pass it up. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Captain Underpants

Received my quintet today and I love it. I gave Lil' Helm the motorcycle with the Cap figure on it so he's happy.

I then fiddled around with hexes to see how I could make this quintet sit nice on the game board without sliding around. I found that if you make a stand, it fits perfectly.

1. Place two 3 hex tiles, one on top of the other and place them on the board.
2. As you're looking at the hexes with the single hex facing you, put ladder pieces stacked 2 high (yes they peak way over the hexes) on the back corners of the back two hex stacks you built.
3. Put single ladder pieces on the side of the front hex facing you so that the little nubs stick up over the top tile.
4. Place the quintet on your new stand facing you. It "locks in" enough so that it won't slide back and forth, won't slide side to side, and won't spin.

Not only is it cool to have it slightly hovering as it opens up must hexes around it, but you can even imagine that the ladder pieces in the back are part of the ship and allow figures to climb up them and at least get some height advantage.

I'm going to have to take pics one of these days.
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:54 PM

Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Wonder Man

Quote:
I'm going to have to take pics one of these days.
Still waiting, Matt...

Yesterday, I played my first game using the Quinjet with @chas and @WarBanner on a map I designed to accommodate the new toy:

We played two 700-point games, the first with me playing as the Avengers and chas and WarBanner playing the Vydar armies they brought. We were pressed for time after WarBanner's Glads/Blasts army won the first game, so for the second game we just all played superhero armies. It was also the debut of a new addition to the Shermanverse, Wonder Man:

Wonder Man was used in both games and proved pretty effective overall, smashing a bunch of Gladiatrons and Major Q10 in one game and duking it out with She-Hulk in the other. He even managed not to turn on the Avengers in either game, but one of these days...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations