Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Old July 8th, 2016, 09:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
The Book of Rabid Bite

The Book of Rabid Bite: Sorcery
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Shadows over Innistrad

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Rabid Bite

Can this Spell be used anytime the adjacent attack occurs, even though the Planeswalker is not activated that turn? Otherwise it won't work.

On the other hand, this seems to be a special exception to the normal activation sequence, when the PW cannot use Sorcery unless he/she is activated that turn. It seems to function as an Enchantment, but you don't have to pick its target until the fight happens.
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@chas , As far as I know, you can play sorcery spells even if you did not activate your planeswalker. You just have to have a planeswalker to use sorcery spells. It seems like you would apply it to whatever creature/s you are taking a turn with that turn.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:22 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Can this Spell be used anytime the adjacent attack occurs, even though the Planeswalker is not activated that turn? Otherwise it won't work.

On the other hand, this seems to be a special exception to the normal activation sequence, when the PW cannot use Sorcery unless he/she is activated that turn. It seems to function as an Enchantment, but you don't have to pick its target until the fight happens.
There isn't an actual Attack/Defense roll or activation. The spell is basically just potential direct damage to each unit.

Green planeswalker casts the spell and picks one of their Path Wardens (3P/5T) who is adjacent to an Illusionary Projection (3P/2T). Warden's 3P vs 2T of the Illusion results in 1 wound to the Illusion while the Illusions 3P does not penetrate the 5T of the Warden.

If the Green PW had cast "Overrun" (+2P and trample until the end of the turn) before "Fight" then the Warden's could have 5P base to compare in the "Fight."

I could see casting spells like Overrun and then Fight to free up one figure of a squad (to do enough direct damage to an opponent's figure that I'm engaged with) and then after spells - move/attack with that squad.

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; September 13th, 2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old September 13th, 2016, 11:08 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Thanks, guys! I'm just getting back to AOTP for our "experimental" combo game tomorrow, and I see you're right!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards