Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 25th, 2016, 01:44 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker
6-3/6-4 or 6-10/6-11 for event TBD ?!?

please post if you can make any or all of the dates mentioned. We can decide format as turnout starts to be known.

Each player brings 2 250 point armies (12 hex limit) and 2 150 point armies (6 hex limit). Each army may not contain any figures in the other 3 armies. Before each match, each player rolls 1 d20. The high roll chooses to either pick a pod from the 8 combined between the 2 players or defer to the opponent. Each player takes turns picking an army until each has 1 250 point army and 1 150 point army. The combined forces are your army of max 400 points and 18 hexes. Yes to C3V, no Marvel

Pairings will be at random for the first round. Thereafter, just grab someone you haven't battled and have at it. Two points for a win and one point for a loss. The tournament will last 4.5 hours with no official matches starting after 3.75 hours.

731 NJ-33
Hamilton Township, NJ 08619

Time/Date
Sunday, 3/5/17
Arrive at Noon, Roll dice at 12:30
Last official matches start at 4:15
Pack up and results at 5:00

Entry Fee
$5 with all going to Family Fun Hobbies

Please RSVP and for maps

RSVP List thus far
TheEpicAlpaca
Man_At_Arms
9BelowMadness
MathJedi

Maps

Last edited by Man_At_Arms; May 20th, 2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: New Event
Old August 25th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: JerseyScape - Flex Tourney Sunday, 9/11/16 Hamilton

Excellent! Let me tag some of the New Jersey-area 'Scapers. @Johngee , @tom , @Arcus , @Big Boa . There are others in the Philly area, but their user names are escaping me at the moment.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 25th, 2016, 03:25 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Also consider posting about this event in the Mid atlantic regional scapers page here http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29191
Old August 25th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup, that's the thread I was thinking of, and apologies for forgetting to tag you, TEA.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 26th, 2016, 01:17 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@Man_At_Arms -Wow first post and you're already scheduling a tournament, BRAVO! Welcome to the HeroScapeRs' Forums. Are you new here or have you been "lurking" awhile? How many players do you anticipate might show up for this event? How many maps are you going to need and are you going to pick certain ones that you want to see on the tables?? I could built and transport several *IF* I decide to come.

@Dad_Scaper - thanks for the "tag," I don't usually check the indices for new threads. It's hard enough (time wise) just keeping up with entries to old conversations that have been "on-going" for months.

@TheEpicAlpaca - Hey TEA, how's your summer going? Glad to see that you are still checking these boards and hopefully still enjoying some 'Scape occasionally. You, me, and @BigBoa may be the last HS'ers in JurrZee ~~lol~~

I wish that this event were being held in Hamilton Township ( 20 miles from my house in Cape May County) instead of Hamilton Square/Circle in Mercer County (about 100 miles away) , but c'est la vie ... I've traveled farther than that to play me some 'Scape. There's nothing on my calendar yet for that date, so I will consider it. Maybe this will drag @fallow and @Northgate out of retirement. They both live a lot closer to Trenton than I do. Even @peteparkerh and @spidysox probably live closer to Trenton than me.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; August 26th, 2016 at 01:22 AM. Reason: frexed triprogamfikal errorrs
Old August 26th, 2016, 10:06 AM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart

I will be there! Will also bring at least one map, maybe two.
Old August 26th, 2016, 11:14 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: JerseyScape - Flex Tourney Sunday, 9/11/16 Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post
I will be there! Will also bring at least one map, maybe two.
Thank you 9BelowMadness, when you know the map(s) you will be bringing, let me know!
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:37 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@Man_At_Arms and @9BelowMadness ~

Are either of you bring anyone else with you, such as offspring, siblings, padawans, or co-conspirators, etc.? After two whole weeks of being up on these boards, I am really disappointed at the dearth of respondents. Back in the good old days we could easily draw ten to twenty players together for a HeroScape tournament. Now the big day (this Sunday 9/11) is quickly approaching and only the both of you have offered any confirmation of attendance.

Personally, I am still undecided - being torn between driving 2+ hours to Hamilton for this game day or driving 3+ hours to central PA to play with my son and grandson, whom I haven't seen all summer.

Is anyone else reading this thread? Please RSVP with at least a Yes or No if you are even thinking about attending this event . . . @tom, @Arcus, @mad_wookiee, @spidysox , @peteparkerh , @fallow , @grunttactics , @manofwar , @DragonSlayer2 , @PeasantDave , @buellsmith , @Azalyth , @Big Boa , @chas , @Grishnakh , @Taeblewalker , @Sherman Davies , @kolakoski , @clancampbell , @Einar's puppy , @jbbnbsmith , @major/flint , @mikelizzio , @TheEpicAlpaca , @King of Blanks , @TheEpicLlama , @NightSwipe , @Onacara , @owvanguard , @Scooter72 , @TheGeneral @Northgate , etc. (that's everybody that I can think of that used to play HeroScape in NJ & eastern PA who might still be in the area).

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 14th, 2016 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Added additional names from contact list
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:59 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'll be working that day, so I can't make it, sorry.
Old September 7th, 2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
@Man_At_Arms and @9BelowMadness ~

Are either of you bring anyone else with you, such as offspring, siblings, padawans, or co-conspirators, etc.? After two whole weeks of being up on these boards, I am really disappointed at the dearth of respondents. Back in the good old days we could easily draw ten to twenty players together for a HeroScape tournament. Now the big day (this Sunday 9/11) is quickly approaching and only the both of you have offered any confirmation of attendance.

Personally, I am still undecided - being torn between driving 2+ hours to Hamilton for this game day or driving 3+ hours to central PA to play with my son and grandson, whom I haven't seen all summer.

Is anyone else reading this thread? Please RSVP with at least a Yes or No if you are even thinking about attending this event . . . @tom, @Arcus, @mad_wookiee, @spidysox , @peteparkerh , @fallow , @grunttactics , @manofwar , @DragonSlayer2 , @PeasantDave , @buellsmith , @Azalyth , @Big Boa , @chas , @Grishnakh , @Taeblewalker , @Sherman Davies , @kolakoski , @clancampbell , @Einar's puppy , @jbbnbsmith , @major/flint , @mikelizzio , @TheEpicAlpaca , @King of Blanks , @TheEpicLlama , @NightSwipe , @Onacara , @owvanguard , @Scooter72 , @TheGeneral , etc. (that's everybody that I can think of that used to play HeroScape in NJ & eastern PA who might still be in the area).
Thanks for sending out the tags Johngee. It's okay that the response hasn't been great. I think it will take time to grow. I think if we can get a group of consistent players (even if it's small) it can develop into something of larger scale. Even though it's a 'dead' game, Herocape is a lot of fun and is quite exciting to be introduced to!

Chuck
Old September 7th, 2016, 12:52 PM

Thanks for considering Sherman Davies - maybe next time!
Old September 7th, 2016, 10:02 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

I will be there, and I can bring a map. Unfortunately I have to show up a little late but I will be there.
@Johngee, hope you can make it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events