Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 30th, 2016, 06:00 PM

Were-Skeleton is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Karuba, Mice & Mystics, and moving onto the next Imperial Assault campaign for Return to Hoth!
Old July 30th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Finished my 12 Lost Margin figures today for Mercs Recon. There are 6 Thrashers and 6 Raiders. These figures are only added to a mission when you want to make it a little harder and add another element. They aren't main factions or main security forces or employees, but they come in and cause havoc to the mission you are trying to complete. I figured get back into painting and practice with these guys first before moving on to the main factions, employees and various security forces etc. Not the best lighting unfortunately.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 31st, 2016, 07:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great looking figures @Hahma , the guys with the gas mask/ riot shield combo look awesome. @Were-Skeleton , welcome to the site. I love me some Imperial Assault as well. Though I love the skirmish long time....and haven't played the campaign yet. I have all expansions currently out except the Imperial spy unit that is more recent. I'm looking into getting the Inquisitor from rebels for IA.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 31st, 2016, 09:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Its very satisfying to go back and replay some of the The Great War Tank Expansion scenarios with the actual tanks and new terrain, as well as the most recent clarifications from Richard Borg on bgg. But I'm still using my cardboard proxy tanks as the German flagged captured British tanks, because as Kickstarter only items, I have no access to them. I also understand that there was a Kicstarter exclusive set of cards that was larger. Since the cards are so important in C&C games, I'm pretty disgusted about that, but then I hate KS exclusives in usual; (but I don't want to have that discussion here).

The Epic Napoleoncs game is now delayed until (at least) October, and Tricorne American Revolution way back to March.

GenCon to the rescue!
Old July 31st, 2016, 10:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@chas , what I have done with kickstarter exclusive cards in the past, was either find them online, resize them, and print them out. Or find out what they say and make my own via a template. I did that for some of the Zombicide black plague vault Items that were kickstarter exclusive. I always just scan one of my generic card backs for the game I want to do as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 31st, 2016, 10:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great looking figures @Hahma , the guys with the gas mask/ riot shield combo look awesome. @Were-Skeleton , welcome to the site. I love me some Imperial Assault as well. Though I love the skirmish long time....and haven't played the campaign yet. I have all expansions currently out except the Imperial spy unit that is more recent. I'm looking into getting the Inquisitor from rebels for IA.
Thanks TREX

The Thrashers (w/o the shield ) look better in person, but since they are hunched over and I had overhead lighting, it made them look darker than they really are and hid some details. This faction is basically a non-afilliated gang of sort and are a bit grungier than the corporate factions, with a mix of old and new technology. They are kind of the barbarians of the game in a sense and want to kill everything.

Old July 31st, 2016, 10:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Its very satisfying to go back and replay some of the The Great War Tank Expansion scenarios with the actual tanks and new terrain, as well as the most recent clarifications from Richard Borg on bgg. But I'm still using my cardboard proxy tanks as the German flagged captured British tanks, because as Kickstarter only items, I have no access to them. I also understand that there was a Kicstarter exclusive set of cards that was larger. Since the cards are so important in C&C games, I'm pretty disgusted about that, but then I hate KS exclusives in usual; (but I don't want to have that discussion here).

The Epic Napoleoncs game is now delayed until (at least) October, and Tricorne American Revolution way back to March.

GenCon to the rescue!
What cards are bigger Chas? These aren't exactly big cards that I have, seem to be standard C&C cards.

Old July 31st, 2016, 10:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma,

I haven't seen any photos, but I am talking about the two main decks--Command and Combat Cards. A set of "better" cards was described, I think in the Kickstarter. Perhaps the font or text size is different, perhaps they are just more sturdy--the ones I have are not as flimsy as say, those of Samurai Battles, which I felt I had to put in hard sleeves to keep them from coming apart. So far they have stood up to repeated play and shuffling.

After buying every C&C game and expansion for many years, I do feel slighted if I have to use inferior components because I didn't just jump right on the KS bandwagon! I don't miss metal generals or field guns, but I'm unhappy about having to buy more expensive British tanks and repainting them myself to use as captured German ones (I'll probably just use my cardboard proxies). Especially since I'll end up probably spending more money for French tanks and God knows what else.

Come on out to NYC and we'll compare our cards!
Old July 31st, 2016, 11:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

I haven't seen any photos, but I am talking about the two main decks--Command and Combat Cards. A set of "better" cards was described, I think in the Kickstarter. Perhaps the font or text size is different, perhaps they are just more sturdy--the ones I have are not as flimsy as say, those of Samurai Battles, which I felt I had to put in hard sleeves to keep them from coming apart. So far they have stood up to repeated play and shuffling.

After buying every C&C game and expansion for many years, I do feel slighted if I have to use inferior components because I didn't just jump right on the KS bandwagon! I don't miss metal generals or field guns, but I'm unhappy about having to buy more expensive British tanks and repainting them myself to use as captured German ones (I'll probably just use my cardboard proxies). Especially since I'll end up probably spending more money for French tanks and God knows what else.

Come on out to NYC and we'll compare our cards!
I just looked at the KS page and I didn't see anything about cards and KS exclusive. When I backed it, I don't remember anything about the cards being different for the KS vs retail. I know about the artillery pieces, extra scenarios, metal generals and voucher, but that's pretty much it from the base set.

Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:22 AM
Prickly Cactus

A guy in my game group had kickstarted Isebound by Ryan Lauket, designer of Eight Minute Empire, The Ancient World, City of Iron and Above and Below. He just got Isebound last week and brought it last night.

It was a good game. Each player has a starting island and ship. The board is modular and has several named islands that each has an action you can pay for to use when you move there, as well as an attack threshold or diplomacy threshold. So you can visit to use the action of the island, or you can use pirates and/or sea monsters to try to surpass the attack threshold and if successful, you place your color cube there for control and you get the spoils of the island. You can try the diplomacy route as well but use diplomacy values accrued on the diplomacy track. You would get control of the island and spoils as well.

2 islands will have events that you can try to achieve and gain a reward. If successful, the event card is discarded to show the next one and the event marker is moved to that named island.

There are also building cards you can buy at the end of your turn. They have various costs and abilities, and are worth the coin value you payed in VP's at the end of the game. After a player has built their 7th building, there is one more round.

Lots more going on, but I don't have time to cover it all. As usual with Ryan Lauket games, the art is fantastic.

Just remembered that I had a picture of Isebound

Last edited by Hahma; August 6th, 2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:29 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sunday I had a game day and got in:
Star Realms
Coloretto
Sushi Go
Celestia
Codenames
Spurs
Lord of the Rings Confrontation
Blue Moon
Old August 3rd, 2016, 08:53 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played a four player game of Magic The Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers (original set) last night with my family. It was a lot of fun coming down to a pretty epic final dice roll. I had decided not to pick this up when it first released because of already having so much Heroscape that we rarely played, but I came across the base set at Target for $9.20 and couldn't pass it up. After getting it home and opening the box I was immediately impressed with the number of cool looking minis and reading through the rules was a breeze because of my familiarity with HeroScape.

Now I'm looking forward to another play and picking up the first expansion for a little variety. I liked how quickly the game gets going as the units are summoned onto the board ready to engage instead of having to slowly advance from the starting zones and how easy it is to react with any unit you want since there are no turn orders. The spell decks are an interesting addition too.

I still like the nuances of HeroScape with the strategy of turn markers and all the variety and tactical decisions, but this is a nice variation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games