Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old July 8th, 2016, 09:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad Details

@chas , I have had prime for a while and love it. You get music, amazon instant video, and free 2 day shipping on anything with the prime logo on it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 10th, 2016, 06:32 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just a quick note that I've posted my Post Innistrad Player Aids in the AOTP General Discussion section in a thread with that name. These are simple summary lists of Planeswalkers, Army Cards, and Spell Cards with descriptions but not the full texts (we have The Books of... for that). The idea is to have it all together for pregame Army and Spell Deck Building, using the Core Game, Zendikar, and Innistrad components.

I've just got my own copy, and am using the Core Game and Innistrad boxes to hold everything, after chucking out the inserts. A few more card sleeves and I'll be ready to go...
Old July 10th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It will all fit in the new box if you arrange it right.
Maps first, then the Ruiner in the gap at the end. Fill in the little gaps with dice.
Cards at one end(mine have rubber bands around them),then rule books, then figures.
I do keep the hexes and Crypto-Lifts with my other terrain though but I think you could squeeze them in also.

Got my first game in with the new stuff. I stuck with Lilianna and the Zombies and had to Face Black/White Sorrin and Red/White Lithomancer. I played terrible and had rolls that were bad even for me, so not great. I am not happy that Black only got 6 cards.

The new Planeswalkers are very cool though. I like the Counters, great idea. I wish they would have done that with Heroscape instead of Markers.

Sorrin was backed by 4 squads(2 of them could re-spawn figures)(600 points) for a total of 13 figures. My army had 8 figures.

We had all the Glyphs(all on water) out so the extra figures was a huge bonus.

Forgot my camera so no pics. Cool map. We used the new map pieces, bridge over the water, flanked by the Crpto-Lifts(two sets, six total).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 10th, 2016, 09:58 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

For those of you who don't have the game yet, try and find a legible image of Page Three, which has a section called "What is New."
Old July 10th, 2016, 10:22 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Would you guys like me to scan "Page three" and post it up here somewhere. I could do it after I get off work. I'm pretty impressed with all the new stuff in the new set.

Old July 10th, 2016, 11:54 AM

Quick Comments:

1. A few have decried the lack of a Green Planeswalker. Arlinn Kord is a Red/Green PW.

2. I'm more concerned with the one fewer Army Card in the Green Faction. Because the green Kessing Rangers can transform, as Arlinn can, they needed to use two separate figures for their own werewolf transformations, so the faction lost out one Army Card. Where all the other colors now have five Army Cards, Green has only four. Lets hope future expansions show more love for[I] Green.[/I]

3. In Heroscape I disliked two figures squads, and now we have two more of them: The Green Kessing Rangers and the Blue Lantern Geists. Their utility remains to be evaluated.

4. The transparent plastic is used only for spectral beings, such as the Blue squads. There were just so many of them in the Core Game that it wasn't clear that was going on! Its sometimes hard to tell the summoned elemental type creatures from the real beings who have independent lives of their own, although in game terms the difference is unimportant--but the type of plastic is the way to tell.
Old July 10th, 2016, 01:14 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Would you guys like me to scan "Page three" and post it up here somewhere. I could do it after I get off work. I'm pretty impressed with all the new stuff in the new set.
Nice scans of the complete rulebook would be nice. All I've seen so far are some poor photos of the scenarios. I'm curious if there are any rules changes/ clarifications in the core rules. For example, I know they added that only one copy of each spell is allowed in the spellbook. Are there any other changes?
Old July 10th, 2016, 01:19 PM
"like" happy

Off the top of my head I'm not sure @igelkott , but I may have time to scan the book tonight for changes.

Old July 10th, 2016, 05:10 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

No real changes to first set other than aformentioned 1 spell limit and adding in rules about Cryptoliths and road bonuses (a nice touch if you wanted to play with RtttFFF & Fortress sets). For rulebook pages 12-14 see @Kajoq 's Could Crypoliths have a place in Competitive HeroScape?
Old July 20th, 2016, 08:59 AM

I've now played my first two Innistrad games! The Battle Reports are in the General Discussion section. My new consolidated 44 Question FAQ is up in the Rules and FAQ section. My new first thoughts on a combined Scape/AOTP scenario are in the (nonAOTP) General Discussion section, The New York City Gang of Four thread.

Its now a much better game, with Army and Spell Deck building. Next I'll try raising the Army total to 600 points (now officially sanctioned by Hasbro Germany). Of course, you need at least one set of the Core Game and Innistrad to do that (I also have one Zendikar).
Old July 20th, 2016, 10:17 AM

If you don't know much about the MTG universe like me, here's a video I found on youtube that summarized the "first five chapters" of the Innistrad plot line. I thought it was useful as an intro to some of the new characters.

Last edited by chas; July 20th, 2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old July 20th, 2016, 11:22 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
If you don't know much about the MTG universe, here's a video I found on youtube that summarized the "first five chapters" of the Innistrad plot line. I thought it was useful as an intro to some of the new characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYdfMJrEDbE
Nice! Thank you!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News