Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 5th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The Beast has arrived!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 5th, 2016, 09:00 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma,

I'll be interested to hear what you think. I have some E. European heritage, and this is a strange mix of the history of that region plus mechs! A pal is getting it soon, so I'll get to play it also!
Old July 5th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

I'll be interested to hear what you think. I have some E. European heritage, and this is a strange mix of the history of that region plus mechs! A pal is getting it soon, so I'll get to play it also!
5 of us got it and each got the collector's edition with the resin wood, food and oil pieces, as well as the pewter (or something else pretty heavy ) iron bars and the metal coins that are of 5 denominations with each being a different size, color and with a different design. 1 for each of the 5 factions.

One of the guys, a college kid I play Sergeants and The Great War with, posted on our group'sFacebook page that he wants to play his copy next Monday night. Only took about 10 minutes to get all spots filled for it

I'll let you know how I like it.

Also, one of the guys posted that he just got the new Dead of Winter game The Long Night, so that one will be another hot one to get played.

Old July 6th, 2016, 02:41 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Mine arrived yesterday. It is nice & heavy. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I posted on our groups facebook site that it had arrived & was asked to play it at our meet on Friday night. I don't think I will know how to play it by then though as I doubt I will get a chance before then.
Old July 6th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Mine arrived yesterday. It is nice & heavy. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I posted on our groups facebook site that it had arrived & was asked to play it at our meet on Friday night. I don't think I will know how to play it by then though as I doubt I will get a chance before then.
Just read the rules and give it a try on Friday A3n. I just spent 20 minutes glancing at them so far and they don't seem that difficult. I haven't finished them all, but will by tonight. Though I didn’t open the cards yet, I saw in the rules that there must be some sort of quick start player aids. It's suggested that certain basics can be taught and people will learn during the fort game and that it doesn't need to be worried about finding optimal play in the first game.

Old July 6th, 2016, 09:08 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Also got in some Sheriff of Notingham. We always have a fun time with this, but unfortunately one of the bag's snaps finally ripped out, as we had long feared as the quality on them seems pretty low. We'll see how Arcane Wonder's customer service is.
I'm curious to hear how that goes with Arcane Wonders. One of my bags has been on the verge of ripping for a while now. We've been extra careful with it but in a game you're constantly opening and closing the bag, that's difficult to do.
Yeah. Things are going very well with their customer service though. Asked for pictures to be sent of the broken bag and after that requested a shipping address and they will be sending me a replacement free of charge. So they are dealing with it quickly. I've tended to find most game companies are very good with this type of stuff, but you never know. I'm happy with Arcane Wonders handling of this and will be content to continue buying their games knowing if anything does go wrong that they'll actually deal with it fairly.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 6th, 2016, 08:44 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Also got in some Sheriff of Notingham. We always have a fun time with this, but unfortunately one of the bag's snaps finally ripped out, as we had long feared as the quality on them seems pretty low. We'll see how Arcane Wonder's customer service is.
I'm curious to hear how that goes with Arcane Wonders. One of my bags has been on the verge of ripping for a while now. We've been extra careful with it but in a game you're constantly opening and closing the bag, that's difficult to do.
Yeah. Things are going very well with their customer service though. Asked for pictures to be sent of the broken bag and after that requested a shipping address and they will be sending me a replacement free of charge. So they are dealing with it quickly. I've tended to find most game companies are very good with this type of stuff, but you never know. I'm happy with Arcane Wonders handling of this and will be content to continue buying their games knowing if anything does go wrong that they'll actually deal with it fairly.
Nice, glad to hear they are taking care of it for you! That's encouraging. Maybe I'll stop avoiding using the red bag and shoot them a message.
Old July 7th, 2016, 07:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played my first Six Player of Mare Nostrum Empires. It went long but was lots of fun, and carefully balanced, with everyone watching everyone else. Four of the six were in contention at the end.

There is a new Official FAQ out as of last month for Blood Rage here:

TRex pointed out that my direct link did not work. So here's one to a thread which has a post by Matheus, a guy from Brazil whose link does work from there:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...-already-provi

Last edited by chas; July 7th, 2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old July 7th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm curious to hear about Scythe. I'd been in on the Kickstarter and got cold feet. Ended up getting a used copy of Runewars instead to fill the hole on the shelf, which I think was a reasonable choice. Still, I'll wonder. . .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 7th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm curious to hear about Scythe. I'd been in on the Kickstarter and got cold feet. Ended up getting a used copy of Runewars instead to fill the hole on the shelf, which I think was a reasonable choice. Still, I'll wonder. . .
I'll be playing it Monday and will let you know

I'm also booked the Monday after that to play the new Dead of Winter The Long Night game that a buddy in my game group just got. Can't wait for that one too.

Last edited by Hahma; July 7th, 2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old July 7th, 2016, 12:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@chas , the link with the blood rage stuff isn't right. I tried to check it out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 7th, 2016, 02:39 PM

T-REX,

Sorry--see new link provided in post above.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games