Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old June 25th, 2016, 02:08 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad Details

YOOOOOOOOOO!!! IM SO EXCITED!! This will be super interesting with all the things they can do for innistrad. The Arlinn Kord flip mechanic will be interesting to see and a new Jace is always welcome. If you guys get any more info please reply or DM me to cram my brain with new info about this set please! Any photos, info, cards, leaks, art, and anything is awesome. WOOT WOOT HYPE HYPE HYPE!!
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:13 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

As others have said, its dumb that a Planeswalker is duplicated in the limited resources we get doled out to us. But who knows, maybe he'll be somehow different than the original. Although personally, I always hated the duplication of Raelin and Drake in the original game's second Master Set, even powered up!
This is likely to happen again, in MTG all of the planeswalkers except a small few less popular ones have many versions. They have new mechanics, story and everything. This new Jace version is still gonna be cool because it will be different from the one we have.
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:42 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Also, there will most likely be more Jaces in the future. Currently, there are only two other mono-Blue non-Jace Planeswalkers out there, Tamiyo and Tezzeret.

We probably won't be seeing Tamiyo, because she's on Innistrad, but Tezzeret could appear in the next set (Kaladesh).

So new Jace would have a draw effect and a send to reserve effect? Sounds good.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old June 25th, 2016, 05:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Hope this one is good. This game doesn't really even hit my game table much after we played it about 10 times. With the current units out, there isn't too much variability. Unlike heroscape, the same color characters have to play with the same color planeswalker. I have two copies of both sets out and still kind of stagnant.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 25th, 2016, 06:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

T-Rex,

As I've said elsewhere, with this third set I consider that the game is just starting out now, because Army Building and Spell Deck Building will be possible for the first time. As others have said elsewhere, the main game started out slow too (but not this slow).
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:02 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

No word still on the "new twisted terrain". I've got more heroscape terrain than I can store, but still curious about it.

If the box has classic-plastic, we would be starting to talk about Heroscape 2.0.
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:53 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@chas , I am hopeful it will pick up. I like the idea of the game, and getting to use my HS terrain on it as well. There's no doubt I'll pick it up anyways. @MementoMori , if they come out with more plastic terrain that is compatible with scape, that would probably boost sales.

Old June 26th, 2016, 12:01 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
No word still on the "new twisted terrain". I've got more heroscape terrain than I can store, but still curious about it.

If the box has classic-plastic, we would be starting to talk about Heroscape 2.0.
The price of oil (therefore plastic) is way down right now. Lowest it's been since Heroscape launched. If there's ever a time, now is it.
Old June 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post

The price of oil (therefore plastic) is way down right now. Lowest it's been since Heroscape launched. If there's ever a time, now is it.
It's a pity that price of brick and mortar is rising again over here. If we have another set as big as RotV, I'll have to divorce to have enough space.
Old June 28th, 2016, 10:44 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That is very good news. I cannot find the source of all this released info though, which is odd. August 1st is very close. Anyone find preorders anywhere? Amazon was really good with the previous releases. I'd love to get the new stuff a couple of days before Gencon
Old June 28th, 2016, 01:24 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Hope this one is good. This game doesn't really even hit my game table much after we played it about 10 times. With the current units out, there isn't too much variability. Unlike heroscape, the same color characters have to play with the same color planeswalker. I have two copies of both sets out and still kind of stagnant.
Why don't you try swapping out some of the pieces with heroscape figurines?

*takes a bow*

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 28th, 2016, 06:11 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Why don't you try swapping out some of the pieces with heroscape figurines?

*takes a bow*
My group has played with these against heroscape armies enough times(additionally to the 10 times) to convince me that they are not quite compatible. If you look in the AOTP Mixer forums you can see there are quite a few HS users that have tried it. Here is something I did a little while back with the insight of some of the other users and myself.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7&postcount=79

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News