Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old September 27th, 2019, 10:15 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 4 until 10/13)

Important Round 4 Announcement

Spoiler Alert!

Round 4 is on When Paths Cross (Wannok, Treasure x2).

The dok (3-0) v. Dysole (3-0) pool of armies is:
* Dances with Gryphillins: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x1, Brave Arrow, Capt. Nathaniel Blount, Theracus, Bol
* Out of Bounds!: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, Skull Demon x2, Corvor the Tainted One, Drow Chainfighter x1
* If at Firs, You Don't Sucseed...: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Isamu
* ...Tribe, Tribe Again: Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
dok chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who places first.

The Toogwick_Tuk (3-0) v. Chris Perkins (2-1) pool of armies is:
* : Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Water Elementals x9
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
* Are the Drudge Playable Now? : Marro Drudge x5, Re-Tak-Shi, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
* D20 > Defense Dice ?: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x5, Brave Arrow, Marcu Esenwein
Toogwick_Tuk chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

The AgentWard (2-1) v. vegietarian18 (2-1) pool of armies is:
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* : Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x3
* : Beakface Sneaks x4, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Eltahale
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Krav Maga Agents
AgentWard chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The Zetsubo (2-1) v. flameslayer93 (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Tree People: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Bol
* Snipers and Vipers: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount
* The Rebellious Order Marker: Capuan Gladiatros x2, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Priscus, Capt Nathaniel Blount
* Red Dwarf: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Shieldsmiths x3, Concan, Air Elemental
Zetsubo chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, flameslayer93 chooses who places first.

The superfrog v. Maklar the Silver Prince pool of armies is:
* Goliath's Goblin Grenades: 12th Caucasus x3, Goblin Cutters x3, Eltahale
* Swamp Two Ways: Marro Drudge x3, Durgeth Ravagers x2, Re-Tak-Shi, Uzog
* : Teeth of Makwa x5, Makwa Bowhunter x5
* : deathreavers x2, 12th Caucasus Rifles x4, Augamo
superfrog chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Maklar the Silver Prince chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape v. Heroscaper Guy pool of armies is:
* Berserk Birdmen: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Blood and Tears: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Morgoloth, Skull Demon
* hey demons, it's me ya boi: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Skull demon, Siiv
* grey and black 2.0: Capt Nathaniel Blount, Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, 53rd north carolina sharpshooters x5
Heroscaper Guy chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Sir Heroscape chooses who places first.

The kevindola v. Flash_19 pool of armies is:
* One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Roman Legion x3, Venoc Warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Clawfoot Interceptor, Bol
* Acolytic Converter: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Morgoloth
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Siiv
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Van Nessing
kevindola chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Flash_19 chooses who places first.

The Leaf_It v. Taeblewalker pool of armies is:
* Wild Would: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3
* Birdothers From Another Mother: Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3
* : Marro Drudge x3, Othkurik, Re-Tak-Shi, Iskra Esenwein, Rechets of Bogdan
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow, Raelin (SotM), Marcu Esenwein
Leaf_It chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Taeblewalker chooses who places first.

The Kinseth v. All Your Pie pool of armies is:
* All your Hatred belongs to us: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Skull Demon x3
* Are we in New Jersey yet?: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x1, Wildwood Runner x5
* Wet Dry World: Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Fire Elemental x5, Water Elemental x3
* Blue-Green Midrange: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x2, Zetacron
All Your Pie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who places first.

Last edited by kevindola; September 28th, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
Old September 27th, 2019, 11:02 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Flash and I are starting now, playing his armies

EDIT: Flash took the win in a very good, very exciting game. I'll write up something a later time. gg though Flash. Really fun game

Last edited by kevindola; September 28th, 2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old September 28th, 2019, 01:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Maklar and I are starting now. No armies chosen yet.

Russians vs. Russians

EDIT: Rats + Russians >>>> Cutters + Russians. I finished with the incredible record of 1-3

Last edited by superfrog; September 28th, 2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old September 30th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh yeah, We're (me, Teablewalker) playing right now.
come watch if you want I guess.
Old September 30th, 2019, 05:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Maklar and I are starting now. No armies chosen yet.

Russians vs. Russians

EDIT: Rats + Russians >>>> Cutters + Russians. I finished with the incredible record of 1-3
Keep practicing, buddy!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 1st, 2019, 10:40 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Heroscaper Guy and I starting now.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:43 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Point Total: 475
Map: When Paths Cross
Glyphs: Wannok

SirH: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
Heroscaper Guy: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Skull demon, Siiv

Which units survived?
Warwitch (4life), Intercepter (2life), 2 Sneaks, Marcu (full), Rygarn (full)

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Acolytes had a rough time developing in this map, while my sneaks were able to grab height fairly quickly and begin getting height attacks down, getting kills almost every turn. Sneaks were also able to get some key blocks on Acolyte Attacks which gave me some staying power and allowed additional attacks on Acolytes and less likely of a decision for him to Summon Corvor since they weren't close enough. He did summon the Skull Demon to try and get in on the action, but I promptly sent over a Intercepter to deal 2 wounds and engage him to lock him down so as to keep him isolated away from my sneaks etc. Sneaks kept taking out Acolytes and finally he summoned Corvor , but only after he had just 3 acolytes left, then he failed an attack on the warwitch and I was able to kill the last 2 acolytes to steal an OM. Warwitch was able to get the bleeding started. Corvor did some damage, but ultimately got wrecked by the Warwitch who used the Orb to take him out in just 3 short turns. Stealing order markers, I then finished off the SKull Demon.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Claw Grab was activated 3 times during flocking and was used to 1) get sneaks developed and 2) get sneaks out of the reach of Corvor. Dive Bomb was used 2 times a 4/6 roll and a 0/5 roll. The first attack dealt 2 wounds on the Skull Demon.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Intercepters felt much more useful with the extra life. I was able to disengage a good 3 times with the intercepter in order to keep it safe and then come back and reengage with a divebomb later. I was also able to use claw grab early to develop which was nice and I just really like where the intercepters are.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 5th, 2019, 10:08 AM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart

We play in one hour with Vegie

Edit: It seems that I misunderstand the time of when we should play or Vegie is late

Last edited by AgentWard; October 5th, 2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old October 5th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I was late, thank you Agent Ward for being patient.

I was able to defeat the nerfed Acolytes and Corvor using my slightly buffed Beakface army. Turn 1 I developed Sneaks, then deployed Eltahale to the treasure glyph outside my startzone and got defense +1. Acolyte on Wannok got a 1 and died which was a huge loss. In the second round, I sent out a Clawfoot to attack Corvor and drew 3 wounds, then Eltahale hit him for three more the next turn. Corvor hung to six wounds for a long time though, since I couldn't swing enough dice at him to finish him off. My own Clawfoots were in the way and Warwitch failed two 3v3s on him. The Krav came in while Corvor was at 6 wounds as Ward expected him to be dead, but the Warwitch engaged and killed one and 1-1-1ed the other. Corvor killed Eltahale and did a ton more damage as I didn't have good OM choices to kill him (Warwitch had taken 5 wounds from Krav shots). I disengaged my last Clawfoot from Corvor and dove him on to Wannok and engaged the final Krav to turn the tide of the game. I killed the wannok Acolyte, won the next initiative and killed the last Krav, then killed 1 life defense Talisman Corvor with a heightened Beakface attack.

I will note that we possibly played Dark Pact incorrectly. We played it as Corvor must DESTROY a figure to not sacrifice an Acolyte as Agent Ward read it that way and I did as well once I read it again. But that is possibly not the intention of the card and I am discussing with C3V editing now.

The nerfs hurt Corvor a lot. Acolytes at 4 move are slow, and Corvor at 2 defense is much more vulnerable. Even the 16+ corruption came up a lot, Ward probably rolled 3 14s and 15s throughout the game because Corvor was in the middle of things for so long.

The Beakface were pretty fun, the Clawfoots were a lot more interesting than I was expecting. The Beakface have such bad offense that having a few turns where you throw 5 dice is powerful. The Warwitch is essential to the faction but you really have to be careful about not letting her get hit by range but that's not really relevant to Clawfoot balance. I like the Clawfoots a lot as they are.
Old October 6th, 2019, 06:13 AM

Map: When Paths Cross
Glyphs: Wannok, Treasure x2

AgentWard - Army: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Krav Maga Agents - 470 pts
Vegietarian18 - Army: Beakface Sneaks x4, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Eltahale - 470 pts

Which units survived?
3 Breakface, 1 Clawfoot (2 lifes left) and Quorik (2 lifes left)

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
First time I test Corvor, I did not play with or against the previous version but I feel like it was a big shiitty figure for 170 points:slow, no big attack, fragile as a crystal glass and ****ty bonding.

Blood summoning used once to summon Corvor in the middle of melee, it's hard to loose the turn on one acolyte while they are three with 4 move. Moreover when you know that with Dark Pact you will lose more of them

Dark Pact I play 6 turn with Dark Pact, one turn I did no wound, 2 turn I did wound but I did not destroy a figure, 3 turn I destroyed figures. So 50 pts just to activate the bonding.

Dreadful Presence Only used against 2 attacks
0 shield vs 3 skulls (5 dices)
1 shield (3 dices with glyphe) vs 2 skulls (3 dices)

Corvor was in the middle of melee and got 25 activations (only 4 on Acolytes)
18: 13 or less
3: 14-15
4: 16+

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Perhaps I don't well understood the powers:

Quote:
Dark Pact ...if no wounds were inflicted on a figure other than the Bound Hero and no figure was destroyed during that turn...

So you have to make wound AND kill the other unit ? Why ? After this game, i understand it like "destroy an acolyte to play a turn with a demon"
I already played against acolytes at the first round and we played them in a french tournament, they seem strong, fun but balanced, here I feel them to slow, you should play Count Rayond with them.

For Clawfoot moreover moving some raptorian they were good tank to take Wannock and resist to corvor, they also have a potential good attack to kill one taget (KM for exemple)

I'm not sure of how work flocking, if I move one clawfoot who take Qurik with him, can I move Qurik as second raptorian?
Old October 6th, 2019, 06:43 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@AgentWard

Its my understanding that the demon has to wound/kill something other than itself for Dark Pact to not kill a figure. You don’t have to do both.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 6th, 2019, 09:14 AM

Isn't it correct to say :

Quote:
...if no wounds were inflicted on a figure other than the Bound Hero and or no figure was destroyed during that turn...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting