Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Shadow of the Colossus is one of the most artistic games ever. Absolutely gorgeous in every way. It's kind of hard to get used to, though, because of some non-standard controls, but one you get that down pat it's a perfectly integrated part of the experience.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:41 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Shadow of the Colossus is the last console game I played. It was great -- full of theme and while the controls were really wacky I've never played a game like that before. Very, very fun. Nothing like getting close to a Colossus and having your controller go nuts.

My Recent Plays:
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I actually started Shadow of the Colossus a few weeks ago as well. One of those games I picked up for the PS2 over a year ago when they dropped the price down to $19.99 and threw on the "I'll get to this game someday" shelf.
I'm planning on getting this game very soon because I suspect it'll be one of those hard to find games in the future. How are you liking it so far?
I'd recommend it. It's basically a game with a series of hard to fight, figure out how to fight, amazingly cool looking bosses. The designers could have thrown in tons of minor monsters or creatures to fight before you even get to each Colossus but what would have been the point? The game is all about fighting these tremendously large monsters. I've never seen anything quite like it in console gaming. Fighting these things can get very intense. The down side is that I've heard the game is a little short (I haven't finished it yet). There are only so many of these things to kill. The other interesting thing about it is the story, or lack of one. You start to wonder why exactly you are killing these things that, for the most part, are not hurting anyone and are just going about their lives. You start to wonder who the villain in the story really is.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like Shadow has a few fans on this site. I look forward to playing it soon.

Just finished up God of War II a few minutes ago. Will probably try to play Mister Mosquito on PS2 for a light game before diving into Devil May Cry.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:39 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom arrived yesterday
no other videogame will exists for many days to come... ^^
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

X-Com: UFO Defense (1 of 5 in the series)
Highly recommend it to everybody
Downloadable now on Steam (5$ per game; 15 for all)
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Currently working on Star Ocean:First Departure, it is a port/slight remake of the original Star Ocean (Which I missed). Really enjoying the gameplay, story wise it is lacking at this point though.

DWARVES!
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:26 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

Just beat Assassins Creed. Started on Gears of War 2.
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I'm playing Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Headshots are much easier with the motion controls than with an analog stick. If you do not already have this game, buy the Wii version.

I'm on the castle part. Having to protect Ashley is annoying.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ah Shadow of the Colossus...That brings back some good memories.

Spoiler Alert!

I highly recommend it along with it's spiritual partner Ico.

Old January 27th, 2009, 08:54 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
I'm playing Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Headshots are much easier with the motion controls than with an analog stick. If you do not already have this game, buy the Wii version.

I'm on the castle part. Having to protect Ashley is annoying.
I had a blast with this game until about 15 hours in when I ran into a boss I just couldn't beat. One day I will push through it and finish the game.
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Shining Force I and II...
Yes! Best bestestness ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I am working on Dynasty Warriors 6 (XBox 360), I have gotten 1 officer (Sun Shang Xiang) to level 50 and am working on unlocking the remaining characters.
Awesome! I'm playing that too, though I only play when I can play co-op with my friend. We just take turns as the musou mode character, while the other person levels up another dude. DW 6 seems a lot harder than the previous games, but that's probably good.

I also spend a lot of time on Castle Crashers, though. That game is endlessly fun. I think my blue knight is level 49, and its still as fun as it was when I started.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games