Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:20 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Kepler's Customs Thread

I have decided to scrap my semi-customs project and work on doing true customs for Star Wars and D&D figures (and a few LOTR figs as well).

I am still doing a couple semi-customs where it fits very well. For example, the SW Dark Troopers Phase II make excellent evil versions of the Omnicrom Snipers (the look and size of the figs are very similar).

I have come up with a formula for converting SW minis to HS units. The formual works pretty well, but a few tweaks are need every now and then. Here is then formula:

Life: Take the SW HP stat and divide by 25 and round to the nearest integer (with a minimum of 1).

Move: This will be a judgement call by unit (nearly all SW mins have the same move).

Range: Another judgement call since SW minis do not have range limits.

Attack: Take the SW Attack stat and divide bt 4 (rounding to the nearest integer with a minmum of 1) and then add 1 for every 10 points of Damage over 10 (e.g. a Damage of 20 would add 1 to Attack).

Defense: Take the SW Defense stat, first subtract 7 and then divide that by 3 (rounding to the nearest integer with a minmum of 0).

Specials are more judgement. Since SW minis can have a lot of specials I try to take the 1-3 specials that capture the essence of the charater, o amke up my own it I don't like the specials given.

Here is an example:

Chewbacca:

SW Stats: 100 HP, 17 DEF, 8 ATT, 20 DAM, SA: Cleave and Momentum

HS Stats: 4 Life, Move 6, Range 7, 3 ATT, 3 DEF, SA: Cleave (May attack again if he destroys an adjacent fig -- once per turn) and Momentum (+2 to attack against adjacent fig if moved this turn).

The formula does not work that well with D&D minis, so I am still looking into that.

Stay tuned, more customs to come.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:18 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Here is another SW custom:

Republic Commandos

Fights for Einar
Common Squad of 4

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 2
Defense: 3
Cost: 120

Special Abilities

Sniper (+1 to attack if not moved this turn)
Katarn Armor (Same as Stealth Armor 15)

This unit is sort of a cross between the 4th Mass and the Microcorp Agents. I would have costed them at 100 if they had been a squad of 3 like the agents, but the extra figs makes them a cost of 120.

Comments? Suggestions?
Old September 18th, 2006, 02:34 PM

Here is the card for the Clone Commandos.

Old September 18th, 2006, 03:57 PM

Here are Chewbacca and friends.

Chewbacca is a pure custom. Tarfful is a modified Khosumet, and the Berserkers and Scouts are semi-customs of the Anubian Wolves and Gorillinators, respectively.
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

THIS is Khosumet? Wow...

The cards themselves could use some work, but overall they're great!
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139

THIS is Khosumet? Wow...

The cards themselves could use some work, but overall they're great!
I'm pretty sure he means the card stats, not the fig :P
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Oh. Cause, you know, that would be amazing!
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:20 PM

Yeah, the stats are a modified Khosumet. Sorry if that was unclear.

The cards are as good as they will get from me. I don't really care if the cards are "pretty." I guess i just have low standards.

Do Chewie and Tarfful seem costed about right?
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:40 PM

Okay, he is an idea for this fig from the new Star Wars mini set.

I am thinking the Gamorrean Thugs are a common squad of 4: Move-4, Range-6, Attack-1, Defense-2, and the special abilities Beast Bonding and Smash (Add 2 to attack when attacking adjacent figs). Cost: 60 pts.

The thinking here is that even though they have big guns they are not very accurate (hence low attack number) and prefer to attack by smashing the butt of their weapon against someone's skull.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:57 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Could you plz make a general grievous and obi wan card? PLZ! cause I cannot make custom cards woth crap....
Old September 20th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino
Could you plz make a general grievous and obi wan card? PLZ! cause I cannot make custom cards woth crap....
I can make them, but I am not a talented artist (or even a non-talented artist). The cards above are the best I can do (I do them in Excel).
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:41 AM

Here is my latest custom.

Edit: Okay how do I take a pdf file and convert to a jpg or some other picture file?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards