Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Perfect bases for Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I haven't received any advice to say they were out of stock.
Brianna was the representative I have been in contact with and she told me that I item has been flying off the shelf lately and I told her about Heroscapers just discovering it.

My guess is so many people were ordering it, that more orders were filled than they actually had stock for. I wouldn't worry though. She said the order was already made and on its way to them!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I haven't received any advice to say they were out of stock.
Brianna was the representative I have been in contact with and she told me that I item has been flying off the shelf lately and I told her about Heroscapers just discovering it.

My guess is so many people were ordering it, that more orders were filled than they actually had stock for. I wouldn't worry though. She said the order was already made and on its way to them!
Excellent news. I got the e-mail saying:

SHIP VIA: Standard Class Mail [4-7 business days ship time]
(Should arrive by 08/27/2009)

If they are flying off the shelves, you would think that WOTC could get an idea here and sell Heroscape bases for custom makers at a really cheap cost. Or, just allow a third party to replicate the exact bases we need.

Aw who am I kidding, it really is just a small market and not worth their time.
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:56 PM

an0riginal Woo who?

I just got mine in and I rebased some of my Heroclix.

Here are the pictures of Animal Man. I used Greyowl's base sticker (resized of course) and printed them on photo paper. I used super glue to glue the figure and the base sticker.

They look better in person because you can't notice my bad cutting.

Thanks Spidey'tilIDie for finding the bases and Greyowl for the stickers.
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by an0riginal View Post
Here are the pictures of Animal Man. I used Greyowl's base sticker (resized of course) and printed them on photo paper.
Once I get some of these bases, I'll make a new set of base stickers sized for them. Soon, hopefully...
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM

an0riginal Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Here are the pictures of Animal Man. I used Greyowl's base sticker (resized of course) and printed them on photo paper.
Once I get some of these bases, I'll make a new set of base stickers sized for them. Soon, hopefully...
That would be awesome because I did not like mine.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice pics anOriginal, the base on Animal Man looks awesome to me. I can't wait until Grey Owl re-formats the base stickers (fitting as many as he can on a page so that we don't waste paper ).

Honestly though, the sticker surface almost looks like the same size. I guess the old GO stickers were just a hair to big?

Now I have to decide who goes first in my group of clix for the basechangeotomy.
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I just got mine in and I rebased some of my Heroclix.

Here are the pictures of Animal Man. I used Greyowl's base sticker (resized of course) and printed them on photo paper. I used super glue to glue the figure and the base sticker.

They look better in person because you can't notice my bad cutting.

Thanks Spidey'tilIDie for finding the bases and Greyowl for the stickers.
Your welcome! Did you do a wash on Animal man, because I don't think mine looks like that? Also, did you punch out the hole and glue him in, or cut it off and just glue him to the flat area?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:32 PM

an0riginal Woo who?

No i did not do a wash on him. He came that way. I did punch out and glue him in.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Captain Underpants

Any advice as to how to punch out the hole cleanly? Any special tool you use?
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:11 AM

an0riginal Woo who?

I just used a small phillips head screw driver. The sticker is what is holding up my figures. I punched the hole then glued the sticker on the base. Next, I used a tack to punch a few holes in the sticker where the hole is and then pushed the peg through the hole. Then I removed the figure and put some super glue where the peg was going in. Finally I put some more super glue on the bottom of the stand where the peg is.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Captain Underpants

Thanks for the heads up on the technique. I got 2/3 of my order yeaterday. The sent two packs of 15 and an e-mail that says one pack is back ordered. Hopefully it will come soon but I have 30 to start with.

The bases are smaller than the official ones and the difference is noticable when you hold them up to each other. However, with a figure on there, and the pieces placed on the board, I can imagine that the difference will not be noticeable in play.

Besides, these bases are closer in size than the Heroclix bases which were slightly larger in diameter but obviousely more bulky. Therefore, I'll be making the change over for all of my clix... eventually.

Hey GreyOwl, any chance of that sticker sheet with as many of these sized circles as you can get on a page? I plan on printing them on photo paper and then super-gluing them on to the bases as anOriginal does.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Sure, that's possible. I still need to order and get some of these in, so I can make them the right size.

I never made full sheets for the original base stickers because classic scape has 4 different sizes, and I wasn't sure how many people would want of each per page.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations