Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 7th, 2018, 12:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Justice League Dark Brainstorming

I would be cool with it if Chimp was like the second figure after HQ to have it but he is not.
Like japes said, they are really annoying to play against and I would prefer to at least try to find another direction.
Old November 7th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly for Detective Chimp, I don’t know if he needs a defensive power...or the sword. From what you’re saying, the sword is a pretty new addition, and the mini doesn’t have one. In my opinion it’s not iconic to the character yet.

I see him more as a support character who can hold his own for a bit, rather than somebody who’s going to be out there fighting on the front lines.
Old November 7th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I would prefer something besides a 'one shield defense' power but the rest looks cool.

Well he IS a literal chimpanzee- I figured an acrobatic defense is realistically the only real defense he has
T's point is that they are annoying and tend to be overdone. He is a chimpanzee but should that put him in the same class as a Flash?
Idunno about Flash but I figure he's at least as athletic as Nightwing who I ripped the power from directly

What's up with claymation?
Old November 7th, 2018, 12:59 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Honestly for Detective Chimp, I don’t know if he needs a defensive power...or the sword. From what you’re saying, the sword is a pretty new addition, and the mini doesn’t have one. In my opinion it’s not iconic to the character yet.

I see him more as a support character who can hold his own for a bit, rather than somebody who’s going to be out there fighting on the front lines.
I can see the point on the sword not necessarily being iconic, but at the same time, I want him to have more than one actual ability, which is why I figured the sword would be a decent inclusion.

If any of you have an idea as to a different power set to give him pls volunteer

Old November 7th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What if at the start of the game, certain enemy figures are designated as suspects and he gets some sort of reward for "investigating" the suspects. Maybe even a Poirot-style once per game "big reveal."
Old November 7th, 2018, 02:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

DEADMAN
BOSTON BRAND

UNDEAD
UNIQUE HERO
ACROBAT
CURIOUS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5
POINTS 175?

INTANGIBILITY
Deadman can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Deadman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

SPECTRAL POSSESSION 13
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, place Deadman on that Unique Hero's card. You control that Unique Hero while Deadman is on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn with that figure. At the end of the round or when the chosen figure is destroyed while Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on a space adjacent to the space currently or previously occupied by that figure.

POSSESSED ACROBATICS
After a figure you control with Deadman on its card rolls attack or defense dice, you may move that figure 1 space for each blank rolled. Figures moved with Spectral Acrobatics will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Scapemage; February 15th, 2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old November 7th, 2018, 02:12 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Just a quick take on Nightmare Nurse:
Quote:
NAME = NIGHTMARE NURSE
SECRET IDENTITY = ASA

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DOCTOR/NURSE
PERSONALITY = DECEPTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

IMPERSONATE
Before placing Order Markers for each round, choose an opponent’s medium Unique Hero on the battlefield to be Nightmare Nurse’s Impersonated Hero. While the Impersonated Hero is on the battlefield, Nightmare Nurse cannot be attacked by, targeted or chosen for special powers by, or take any leaving engagement attacks from any figure in the Impersonated Hero’s army except for the Impersonated Hero.

THE HEALER FROM HELL
After taking a turn with Nightmare Nurse, you may roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 12 or lower, nothing happens.
• If you roll 13-16, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Nightmare Nurse's card or an adjacent figure's card.
• If you roll 17 or higher, remove 2 Wound Markers from Nightmare Nurse's card or an adjacent figure's card.
I'd probably want to go a little flashier than that, but it hits the general themes of deception, illusion, manipulation, and of course healing. Impersonate may not be the right call, but she shapeshifts and can possess others, so something along the lines of fooling enemies and saving her hide is appropriate, and combined with a decent healing power that will work well with Constantine is key. Having a Healer that can escape damage will be pretty vital and effective. Magical Defense is also a possibility.
Old November 7th, 2018, 02:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Here's where Deadman currently sits with a power suggestion. I'd like to get blanks somewhere in here considering that seems to be what we're going for.

Quote:
I'm happy to adjust Deadman to Acrobat to fit that. We'd need a new Swamp Thing, though, since the current one is a Scientist.

Here's where we currently sit with Deadman:
Quote:
DEADMAN
BOSTON BRAND

UNDEAD
UNIQUE HERO
ACROBAT
CURIOUS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5
POINTS XXX

INTANGABILITY
Deadman can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Deadman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

SPECTRAL POSSESSION
Instead of moving with Deadman, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place Deadman on that Unique Hero's card. You control that Unique Hero while Deadman is on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn with that figure. At the end of the round or when the chosen figure is destroyed while Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on a space adjacent to the space currently or previously occupied by that figure.

DOOMSAYER
Instead of attacking with Deadman, you may choose a friendly figure within 3 spaces of Deadman. View all Order Markers on the Army Cards of figures within 3 spaces of the chosen figure.

FLYING
Quote:
I still like Doomsayer, but if we’re looking for an acrobatic power, what about this?
Quote:
POSSESSED ACROBATICS
After a figure you control with Deadman on its card rolls attack or defense dice, you may move that figure 1 space for each blank rolled. Figures moved with Spectral Acrobatics will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
If Zatanna has a ability to change die rolls to blanks, this could give some synergy with her.
Personally I don't get a lot of mileage on "viewing OM of opponent" powers. With the exception of pairing with figures that have powers dependent on guessing OM such as one recently been put on deck. If you are looking to drop something that would be my vote.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 7th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
NAME = NIGHTMARE NURSE
SECRET IDENTITY = ASA

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DOCTOR/NURSE
PERSONALITY = DECEPTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

IMPERSONATE
Before placing Order Markers for each round, choose an opponent’s medium Unique Hero on the battlefield to be Nightmare Nurse’s Impersonated Hero. While the Impersonated Hero is on the battlefield, Nightmare Nurse cannot be attacked by, targeted or chosen for special powers by, or take any leaving engagement attacks from any figure in the Impersonated Hero’s army except for the Impersonated Hero.

THE HEALER FROM HELL
• If you roll 13-16, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Nightmare Nurse's card or an adjacent figure's card.
• If you roll 17 or higher, remove 2 Wound Markers from Nightmare Nurse's card or an adjacent figure's card.
I'd probably want to go a little flashier than that, but it hits the general themes of deception, illusion, manipulation, and of course healing. Impersonate may not be the right call, but she shapeshifts and can possess others, so something along the lines of fooling enemies and saving her hide is appropriate, and combined with a decent healing power that will work well with Constantine is key. Having a Healer that can escape damage will be pretty vital and effective. Magical Defense is also a possibility.
I would think the healing should be better there. Right now her one wound heal is at the same roll as Alfred, who gets to take off two wound markers on a 13 or higher. While I'm not saying the two abilities and units are in identical niches, it feels a bit off to have someone who healed the Phantom Stranger of a wound from the Spear of Destiny be potent/competent a healer than a vigilante's butler.
Old November 7th, 2018, 02:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
NAME = NIGHTMARE NURSE
SECRET IDENTITY = ASA

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DOCTOR/NURSE
PERSONALITY = DECEPTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

IMPERSONATE

THE HEALER FROM HELL
We have figures that start with Glyphs, Why not a figure that starts with Spells. If you want her to be a limited caster and not go full MD you could try something like...

THE HEALER FROM HELL
Nightmare Nurse starts the game with the Spells of Healing Energy. She may cast this spell as if she had the Magical Defense special power. She may use this spell up to 2 times each turn. After Nightmare Nurse uses the spell of Healing Energy do not discard this spell.

Or something like that. I don't know that character at all so I'm just throwing something out there.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 7th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Personally I don't get a lot of mileage on "viewing OM of opponent" powers. With the exception of pairing with figures that have powers dependent on guessing OM such as one recently been put on deck. If you are looking to drop something that would be my vote.
To be fair it's looking like both Shade and Detective Chimp are going to have powers where it's useful to know where the OMs are. That being said, I think viewing OMs might be a better gimmick for Madame Xanadu.

Speaking of Detective Chimp, what about this for a power?
Quote:
GOING BANANAS
After rolling defense dice for Detective Chimp, you may move him up to 2 spaces. if he ends this movement adjacent to the attacking figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll X or higher, the attacking figure receives 1 wound and you may roll again for Going Bananas. You may continue to keep rolling until you do not inflict a wound.
When I think of chimps/apes/primates in general, I don't think of hard to hit, I think about them going crazy on you if provoked.
Old November 7th, 2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
To be fair it's looking like both Shade and Detective Chimp are going to have powers where it's useful to know where the OMs are. That being said, I think viewing OMs might be a better gimmick for Madame Xanadu.

Speaking of Detective Chimp, what about this for a power?
Quote:
GOING BANANAS
After rolling defense dice for Detective Chimp, you may move him up to 2 spaces. if he ends this movement adjacent to the attacking figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll X or higher, the attacking figure receives 1 wound and you may roll again for Going Bananas. You may continue to keep rolling until you do not inflict a wound.
When I think of chimps/apes/primates in general, I don't think of hard to hit, I think about them going crazy on you if provoked.
I don't recall him being particularly prone to chimp-outs as it were, despite being a literal chimp

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy