Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 24th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Playtesting Strategies, Builds and Tips Thread

John Stewart is a Green Lantern and is listed as Green Lantern(John Stewart) in the books of index.
Old April 24th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice to see Zola getting some love. He's quirky and swingy, but I think he can be a lot of fun - especially if your D20 is hot!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Zola was a very interesting piece when I threw him into my pool for the draft event.

I've recently come to a realization of sorts that there's a bit of a grand Rock-Paper-Scissors arrangement in C3G armies.
  • "Paper" = armies that seek to maximize activations and dice. Most superteams fall here (Green Lanterns, Wrecking Crew, Warriors Three, etc). So do most Enchantress builds and generic synergy builds like Iron Patriot and Ms. Marvel.

• "Scissors" = armies that seek to disrupt and control their opponent's actions. Joker, Ozymandias, Mad Thinker, Puppet Master, Bizarro, Mastermind, Purple Man, Graviton, Magneto+Blob, Mr. Mxy, Angstrom, etc.

• "Rock" = armies that try to bypass the opponent's powers and just do their thing. Almost all event hero-based armies fit here (Dark Phoenix, Anti-Monitor, Surtur, Satanus). So do a few other builds like massed White Martians.

Of course, most armies have some elements of all of these. But one thing I would consider when building armies for testing is what kind of build maximizes the value of that unit. You should also be cognizant when you're testing it whether you're putting the army in a favorable matchup or not. Rock>Scissors>Paper>Rock, generally. (Of course when you just throw an army together on theme, it often doesn't fit neatly into one of these categories.)

Last edited by dok; April 24th, 2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: I love me some scissors
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:03 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very interesting analysis, dok! It seems like most folks are used to the "paper" armies (which tend to look good on paper as a result!) and most disturbed or disrupted (or encouraged to cry "broken") by the "scissor" armies. I think this has resulted in an interesting push forward for more of the "rock" armies.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice perspective dok (and Bats). Thanks.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:11 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Additionally

I will say that on occasion it can go the other direction (Ozy for example can be a great counter to Anti-Monitor if Anti-Monitor can't get to him) but I generally agree with this (and also love me the crap out of scissors builds). I think one of the things with C3G that might be why several units may be needing review is that paper and rock builds are fairly easy to compile and test to see how they work (echoing what Bats said). Scissors builds tend to be a lot more sneaky and usually require mixing things that don't necessarily make sense but end up pulling off a lot of funky tricks. Just a thought.

~Dysole, mostly reiterating what others have said
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:13 PM

I think Rock armies are also a bit underplayed at the moment, which makes Scissor armies all the scarier.

Old April 24th, 2014, 01:20 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think Rock armies are also a bit underplayed at the moment, which makes Scissor armies all the scarier.
Yeah, that's probably very true. I think there's only really one army I'd call a Rock army in the current format (two others that I think come close but not quite there), a lot of Paper and a few Scissor with a few hybrid Paper/Scissors leaning one end or the other.

~Dysole, calling it like he sees it
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

So for game balance, would it be good to make more "rock" units?

And I'm guessing Rocks have things like auto wounds and negation powers?

Great analysis!
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM

Maybe what we need are some better ideas for good Rock builds, then, as well as some more filling out of that part of the game (more examples and analysis of what types of units and combinations make Rock armies would be great to see to help us designers with that!).

Old April 24th, 2014, 01:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
So for game balance, would it be good to make more "rock" units?
I don't honestly think the raw numbers of army builds that can be made that fit each category makes a huge difference. I'd enjoy if there were things like large squads in C3G, I guess, but there are "Rock" armies available at most point totals if you look for them. Satanus is a perfect "Rock" figure and he's just 350 points, which fits into a lot of builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
And I'm guessing Rocks have things like auto wounds and negation powers?
Auto wounds are a very common feature, yes. Negation not as much - that's more of a scissors thing, generally.

Other common features are large/huge size (this eliminates most of the powers that can move your units) and mental shield/Event Hero immunity/intangibility.
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:33 PM

How I Understand It

Rock armies have one BIG thing (Anti-Monitor, Surtur, Galactus, what have you). This BIG thing can absolutely wreck the board if left unchecked. A paper build which throws a lot of attacks (and big attacks) can take down the BIG thing because they can cut through it with all of their heavy attacks. A scissors build however tends to be much weaker and a lot of its tricks may not work on the BIG thing (e.g. throwing people next to Blob). dok might be able to phrase it more eloquently but that's how I understand Rock builds.

~Dysole, who actually throws Rock a decent amount in regular Rock Paper Scissors partially because he knows that it's considered a "bad" first play

Last edited by Dysole; April 24th, 2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: ninja'd by the dokmaster

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy