Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Mariedan added 7/6 - Feedback Want

Just realized a wording mistake.

Shooting Spree should have said:

Quote:
If Guran Demt wounds a figure with a normal attack, .....
Otherwise he would be broken, as Mossman said.

I'll think about the special attack thing.
Old July 19th, 2012, 01:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Ninja added 7/19 - Feedback Wanted

Goruko added in the OP!
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
This is merely a joke.

So my newest custom is basically a straight mod of Darkmage7a's Gatekeepers to not be a squad, also addressing some of the other problems SoV judges brought up.

Gatekeeper added in the OP!
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think you should go with Common Hero, rather than Uncommon Hero. I also suggest the following wording:

GUARDIAN BONDING
After revealing an order marker on this card you may take a turn with up to 2 Common Guard heroes you control or 1 Unique Guard hero you control.

-this change gives a little flexibility with Gatekeeper + Chainfighter builds
-has clear and simple wording

DEFT ASSAULT
After moving and before attacking with a Gatekeeper, if that Gatekeeper is unengaged, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of that Gatekeeper whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of that Gatekeeper and place that Gatekeeper adjacent to the chosen figure.

This does a couple of things
-prevents the Gatekeeper from assaulting if it is unengaged. This is similar to the Horned Skull Brutes' Barge Into Battle.
-uses the wording from the Wolves' of Badru's pounce.

I think Hide in Darkness is fine as long as it follows the wording set by the Drow. However, I would consider dropping Hide in Darkness altogether. Why do they have that ability, thematically?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I think you should go with Common Hero, rather than Uncommon Hero. I also suggest the following wording:

GUARDIAN BONDING
After revealing an order marker on this card you may take a turn with up to 2 Common Guard heroes you control or 1 Unique Guard hero you control.

I'll do this, and I'll change it to 1 life and a common hero.

DEFT ASSAULT
After moving and before attacking with a Gatekeeper, if that Gatekeeper is unengaged, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of that Gatekeeper whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of that Gatekeeper and place that Gatekeeper adjacent to the chosen figure.

-prevents the Gatekeeper from assaulting if it is unengaged. This is similar to the Horned Skull Brutes' Barge Into Battle.

I don't think the figure needs to be Small/Medium, but otherwise that wording looks good.

I think Hide in Darkness is fine as long as it follows the wording set by the Drow. However, I would consider dropping Hide in Darkness altogether. Why do they have that ability, thematically?

Hide in Darkness was on DM7a's original card, and I think it brings out the theme of being elusive (which I almost put as their personality) and preferring to retreat into shadow.
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:00 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:

GUARDIAN BONDING

I'll do this, and I'll change it to 1 life and a common hero.

DEFT ASSAULT

I don't think the figure needs to be Small/Medium, but otherwise that wording looks good.

Hide in Darkness was on DM7a's original card, and I think it brings out the theme of being elusive (which I almost put as their personality) and preferring to retreat into shadow.
Deft Assault is NOT an ability befitting someone who likes to retreat into shadow. You seem to have two conflicting theme's going on here. My .

--
--
--

--
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:01 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Deft Assault is NOT an ability befitting someone who likes to retreat into shadow. You seem to have two conflicting theme's going on here. My .
I would think they would use Hide in Shadows more to ambush than retreat, which matches up with Deft Assault better.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
I would think they would use Hide in Shadows more to ambush than retreat, which matches up with Deft Assault better.
Maybe... I still think you're better off dropping it altogether. It's mostly a Drow ability and I don't see any reason for it to ake up space on this card. If you wanted to use a version the Microcorp Agents' ability, I could see that.

I think 30-35 points is a good starting place.
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Customs - Gatekeeper 9/25 - Feedback Wanted!

How about a cross Between hide in Darkness and Stealth Armor:

Undetectable
If an unengaged Gatekeeper receives one or more wounds, before removing that Gatekeeper, roll the 20-sided die. Add 5 to your roll if that Gatekeeper is on a shadow space. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore those wounds.

This has more of an ambush feel to it, both in name and adding the "unengaged" part, while dropping the dungeon, which is a little unrelated to this guy's theme.

I also changed caps' wording for Deft Assault a bit so that he could use it on large/huge figures but not vault up next to Braxas on a castle wall. An updated card is in the OP.

Last edited by superfrog; September 26th, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:20 PM

I would think an Ambush ability would look more like Charging Assault, which you have covered in Deft Assault. Why would Gatekeeper Guards be setting an ambush, anyway?
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

Did you read the bio that I posted?
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Did you read the bio that I posted?
I read it just now. I'm still not convinced, but that shouldn't stop you. If you like it that way then you should start playtesting.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards