Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 4th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Text Only Customs-Do You Post Them? Please Read.

Hey guys. I've noticed a good bit of new posters (or those new to the Custom Units & Army Card section) just posting text only customs.

To put it bluntly, you're probably not going to get much, if any, feedback. Ask yourself this, would you read text only customs? Even more so when 5-10 are posted at once. All of the text is a little overwhelming, and it's a lot easier to read customs when they are in a familiar format, such as the official card format we all know and love.

I hope this doesn't come off too harshly, I just wanted to help out a bit, as I've seen many new custom creators posting these types of customs and receiving little to no feedback.

There are several guides located here. Not every attempt made is going to look like Atmospro, nether, or Truth spit it out, and we all understand that. Hell, my first customs looked like garbage, but I kept at it, and each one looked better than the last. It may take a little effort on your end to make non-text customs, but a little effort will go a long way.

smallboxgames.com
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:55 PM

Kuprin has disabled reputation
I guess I'll repost, I just don't like making army cards when I don't have figures to go with 'em to do hit zones and stuff.

Games are in my blood, and in my mind. It's just what I do.
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
this is kind of why I have not bothered to post any of my unit ideas on the forum... but I have put them on a web page... so they are out there incase some one wants to use them as ideas for their own units... since my text is very incomplete and not yet worthy of a card.

Basicly its two soul borgs... for Utgar. Wich solve the 1 life Point delema... kind of.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Whew. Thanks, JJ. When I saw this post, I almost cruised right past it, because I absolutely, undeniably do not read text-only customs. Then I noticed your name on it, and thought, 'WHAT? How can this be? JustJohn cannot possibly be making text-only customs?!!'

Then I read it, and I feel much better now, thank you.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I changed the name to prevent any other cruise-bys, Imax. Thanks for the heads up.

smallboxgames.com
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I also tend to pass right by text only customs or really messy ones.... Unless I notice that the creator has posted useful feedback on my customs...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards