Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cf's Innistrad Set Conversion: Wave 2 *11/24*

I can tell this is going to be an exciting set already. I plan on closely matching the source material, and some interesting situations are already arising.

Altar's Reap

Attack your own; delicious.

Avacyn's Pilgrim

I checked the manual to see if you can have mixed decks and the only thing it said was a Planeswalker can only cast and summon its own colors.

Ancient Grudge

Dealing with artifacts already! I'm still not sure what to do with them. Flashback was surprisingly easy to deal with.

Bonds of Faith

An example of a direct conversion breaking the scales. I'm not ready yet to break the formula.

Bramblecrush

It can destroy artifacts, glyphs, enchantments, doors, outcroppings, evergreen trees, glaciers, ruins, battlements...

Armored Skaabs

With only 12 cards, 4 is many. Yeesh. Superthugs to compensate.

Abbey Griffins

I'm not convinced these are as terrible as they first seem. Source card isn't good either. I want every card to function, not to be the bomb.

Back from the Brink

When I saw "token creatures" I panicked until I figured tokens weren't really needed. Making them weak should offset them not being exiled and having the power attached to a squad should offer limits.

Abattoir Ghouls

Functional shift as these don't heal your Planeswalker, but it made sense as it was far cleaner.

Ashmouth Hounds

Fire Nagrubs; yip!
I know "blocking" is not vernacular, but I want it to be and thus trying it out!

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; November 24th, 2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:11 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wave 2 draft1 *11/24*

Caravan Vigil

Land fetch seems to translate to movement pretty well.

Cackling Counterpart

I really want to get tokens to work, but I haven't figured it out yet. After resting on it and thinking, "What is this card trying to do?" I came up with this version.
You may notice all my Flashbacks must need explanation of when the exiling happens.

Bump in the Night

Conditions are fun and bring flavor. Instead of an unlimited ranged 3 damage, I first tried shadow spaces and then I thought of turn activations. Resting? I think not! Bump!

Boneyard Wurm

This guy was neat to conceptualize. He lies in reserve and bursts out of the lying dead. He starts out worthless, a 2-hex wall, but gets big. Draft him with squads. I learned from Portal that 2-cost Magic creatures are closer to 30pts than they are to 20pts. 40 is about as high as I'd like the costing to go, especially since the source has him at 1G and not GG.

Treasure Glyph of Blazing Torch

I still haven't figured out artifacts. Making them Glyphs easily explains what happens when they're dropped. Taking the time to pick them up also covers equip costs.

Equip as sorcery. Casting artifact spells count against your spell limit. This card accounts for the cost of the Torch and creates a means to add the Torch to the game.
Blazing Torch version 2

As if to counter the Glyph method, this is a card version. Equipment are simply enchantments that are not called enchantments, but artifacts. If equipped creature dies, the equipment is lost too. Making rules for item transfers seemed overly complicated, but I'm not ruling anything out and this is a pre-testing write-up.

Blasphemous Act

In Magic, this is an expensive spell that gets cheaper for the number of creatures on the battlefield. Since there isn't a way to make spells cheaper without theme breaking, creature count affects the range. The flavor text says that even those hiding inside their homes and churches are affected, thus I removed the need for line of sight.

Bitterheart Witch

An expensive figure but a close representation to the source. I'm willing to try it out. The game needs its oddball Sudemas.

Battleground Geist

Expensive cheerleader.

Balefire Dragon

Mythic Rare beats. 240pts seems right for most 5CC conversions.

Avacynian Priests

The set's Master Decoy turned into a squad. It had a tapping ability, so I made the special power require an activation of some sort. The flavor texts that these priests arrive just in time, represented by above average move values.

Old December 17th, 2015, 09:17 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cf's Innistrad Set Conversion: Wave 2 *11/24*

Curses seem pretty straightforward here, right? Enchant on an opponent's 'Walker. Say...
--------------------------
CURSE OF THE PIERCED HEART
[???] Points, Red Spell
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Planeswalker
Whenever enchanted Planeswalker is activated, place a damage marker on it.
--------------------------

Works really well with Bump in the Night.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 29th, 2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Curses seem pretty straightforward here,
They do indeed seem that way. In honor of your post to keep this alive, a curse will be released in this wave.

Curse of the Nightly Hunt

Original only forces attack, but this can be avoided by simply moving away. My first version of this prevented affected figures from leaving engagement. This version adds utility by forcing engagements.

Divine Reckoning

Massively powerful spell. Remember costs are from a simple formula, adjustments may be applied later.

Corpse Lunge

Converting instants is fun and gives opportunity for creative license.

Claustrophobia

Not untapping = Not activating
I could make a complicated variant involving confined spaces, but this simple version stands for now.

Civilized Scholar

The first transforming card reveals itself!

Homicidal Brute
The card originally is 50pts, so this must be worth it and it kind of isn't. Thus high Life to match function and brute theme - also Height increases by 1.

Champion of the Parish

So I've been looking at the damage cubes. I think other cubes can fit on the base! (I have other ideas if that doesn't work)

Butcher's Cleaver

If a figure activates adjacent to a friendly equipped figure, you may transfer the artifact. Currently only Unique Heroes may be equipped, but it makes sense for a Planeswalker to hold something.
This is a cleaver, makes sense the attack bonus has a range limit.

Bloodgift Demon

Source deals damage to players. Converting players to Planeswalkers would create a clock that ticks too quickly for my liking.

Ambush Viper

First card with Flash! I've also thought of versions of flipping ala hidden enchantments. This version seems the more simpler route, even if it uses more card space than I would like. Haste effect added because most Flash creatures are versions of removal in the base game.

Old April 25th, 2016, 09:27 PM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

Wow, cool stuff so far! Ambush Viper is pretty sick!
Old April 25th, 2016, 11:28 PM

Thanks for the support!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender