Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old May 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: The Index 2.0: Mmirg's Index of Excellent Scaper Threads

With the addition of How do I effectively use multiple Common Squads? to The Index I'm up to 5 threads here.

I think that The Index would be easier to look through if each heading got it's own spoiler block, instead of blocking them alphabetically. Right now, at a glance, the OP looks like it has all the threads organized by title, instead of topic, which is a bit daunting when trying to quickly look for something. Additionally, it's difficult to scan through the topics with them hidden.

Also, why hasn't this thread been stickied?

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
With the addition of How do I effectively use multiple Common Squads? to The Index I'm up to 5 threads here.

I think that The Index would be easier to look through if each heading got it's own spoiler block, instead of blocking them alphabetically. Right now, at a glance, the OP looks like it has all the threads organized by title, instead of topic, which is a bit daunting when trying to quickly look for something. Additionally, it's difficult to scan through the topics with them hidden.

Also, why hasn't this thread been stickied?
Thanks for the ideas. I'm always looking for ways to make the Index more useful.

I didn't do separate spoilers for each topic b/c I fear the post would simply get too huge and unwieldy (as the first Index did, imo). I will add a note, though that lets people know that the list is by topic not title (didn't even think about how confusing that could be for a reader).

And I will spread out the alphabetical sections as the Index keeps growing, so that no spoiler section gets too large.

Tell me what you think of the changes and thanks to everyone who keeps helping to work on this (not so) little project with me. Much appreciated!
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
[I didn't do separate spoilers for each topic b/c I fear the post would simply get too huge and unwieldy (as the first Index did, imo). I will add a note, though that lets people know that the list is by topic not title (didn't even think about how confusing that could be for a reader).
I just read what you wrote in the Common Units thread about expanding on sub-headings and cross-referencing, so I came over here to add a "Nevermind, that'll make it HUGE!" to my post, but you beat me here.

I think that a note explaining the organization will work well, but to help skim through the topics it might be useful to bullet-point the threads listed under each topic. That way the topic titles will jut out to the left and be a little less buried between the thread titles (since they're all bolded, colored and underlined they tend to overwhelm everything else). Plus that's less than a tenth of the work of spoiler-blocking everything, which, as a fellow compiler of lists, I can definitely appreciate.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; May 24th, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Great suggestion. I've added bullets and a note at the top and I think this does improve the Index. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Adrian Monk

Added GreyOwl's remarkable Customizing Compendium (mentioned here).
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Two topics that seem endlessly discussed that need their own heading in your list are...

1. Taelord: Why does he Cost so much?
2. Pirates in Scape.

I have seen so many posts about these topics Taelord and Pirates must be the most Non-searched Thread topic.

In all seriousness this is an awsome resorce, Everyone needs to check this out.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Adrian Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Two topics that seem endlessly discussed that need their own heading in your list are...

1. Taelord: Why does he Cost so much?
2. Pirates in Scape.

I have seen so many posts about these topics Taelord and Pirates must be the most Non-searched Thread topic.

In all seriousness this is an awsome resorce, Everyone needs to check this out.
Thanks, wriggz.

I'm afraid I haven't found an "excellent" thread that deals with either of those topics--any suggestions?

I'm just glad you made the Library. It is the best one-stop place for the best of the best in theoryscape and most of what really excites and drives Scapers. Your Library made me feel better about taking a bit more comprehensive and broader approach to my own Index. I felt like a truly excellent (and shorter) highlights thread was now available. Love what you did!

Thanks for all your work on your project!
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I look at the Two threads as complemtary as well, I can't believe I haven't created a link here (consider it done).

I think of your list as THE DEFINITIVE LIST of Heroscapers. If people want to know about Building a Winning Army (or just want a fun read) they should check out my list. If people want to know about: Making maps, making customs, fourm rules, how to search, what to buy, how to store, or anything else scape This is the place.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 4th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Adrian Monk

I've added the newest FAQ and xraine's excellent work with the official scenarios (thought I'd already done that--you guys have to point out obvious errors like that), as well as the new Warzones of Valhalla.
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Would you mind putting my Great Big Inspirartional Thread under the Customs Section in your index? Thanks.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31953

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Shameless Self Promotion:
Links to all Heroscape Websites
At least you could put something under W-X-Y-Z now - Websites!

Also note, I added the heroscape links you had under "Purchasing Scape" to my list so that helped - you can reciprocate by adding links from my more complete list of store links and add to the "Purchasing Scape" if you want too.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you're looking for topics that keep coming up again and again and again and have great responses out there somewhere (couldn't think of where at the moment), you might try something on boats in Heroscape.
Also, great stuff here! I always enjoy reading your threads.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online