Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 30th, 2019, 11:36 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great to see you post @Ixe . I cant help but to see the bikes are on circular bases. Do you have them rebased on peanuts or are you playing them on a gridless/hexless variant like the hexless scape variant I posted? I really like the flexibility of terrain options when using a non grid battlefield. I like the simplicity of the bikes design.
I'm glad you like the design. Like a lot of my units on this thread, I don't own these guys at all. These are just pictures I took from the internet for stuff that did exist to build a design around. I don't believe they even come based in the first place but I would mount them on a peanut base if I were to actually do it. I have never tried hexless scape before but it sounds interesting (although I do enjoy the simplicity that the hex system provides).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
So glad to see a post from you, Ixe! Your comments were a real encouragement to me when I first started sharing my customs here.
That's great to hear. I tried to go out of my way to help new members so I'm glad that it paid off for you.

Quote:
I really like the idea of creating "cavalry" squads for all the generals who didn't have them yet, and the futuristic bicycle gang fits vydar perfectly.

They're fairly simple, and I do worry that they'd play too similarly to the wolves of Badru, and would probably not be worth their points. However, they do seem like they'd be very fun to play and I'm really glad you shared them!
Yeah, if you go to the OP you can see the whole cycle I rounded out for cavalry squads. They were deliberately designed to not be worth their points. These guys may need a bit more help and perhaps an extra attack die on their special but I'd imagine they'd be a clunkier, more expensive wolves squad most of the time.

Quote:
I'm not sure if you intend to be around here too much more, but there's some really exciting stuff happening in the AotV threads, which is a community-driven master set that's being developed using components from the Arena of the Plainswalker sets. We'd love to get your input Regardless, I hope all is well with you and thank you for sharing your custom!
I'll see if I can poke around over there for a bit but I mostly plan on posting a number of custom unit ideas to round things out then fading away again. I don't quite have the same time for Scape as I used to although I still pop by from time to time to see what's going on.
Old July 30th, 2019, 12:57 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It’s awesome to see you around these parts again Ixe! Cool biker gang too. Before tuning the SA at all, I’d probably look to bump their move. Their on motorcycles, which are faster than horses after all.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 6th, 2019, 11:22 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I started a directional wind cycle after the Ninjas of the Northern Wind. Here is the last in the cardinal cycle.

These are Ninjas from Crooked Dice Game Studio. They are probably supplied unassembled and unpainted.

NAME = Ninjas of the Eastern Wind
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Ninjas
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 110

APPEARING NINJAS

The Ninjas of the Eastern Wind do not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before you place order markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may place all Ninjas of the Eastern Wind figures that have not been destroyed on any empty spaces. You cannot place them adjacent to each other or other figures, or on Glyphs. At the end of each round, remove each Ninja of the Eastern Wind from the battlefield.

PHANTOM WALK
Ninjas of the Eastern Wind can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

The Ninjas of the Eastern Wind are a deadly and feared foe capable of striking at a moments notice. They rise up seemingly from nothing to strike down their targets and fade away just as quickly.

I wanted to capture the stealthy, appear from nowhere feel of ninjas so I decided to reuse the Drop ability of the Airborne Elite. I always find it interesting how going back and reusing powers on different units can really change how they function. I decided to give them the disappearing ninja feel and have you remove them from the battlefield again at the end of the round. This way they’ll only be fighting about half the time but can do so with across the battlefield and with some devastating attacks. There are only 3 of them however, and with 3 defense they will be pretty vulnerable to getting wiped out crippled the rounds they are around.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; August 12th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old August 6th, 2019, 02:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Sweet ninjas. I can’t help but think that it would be wisest to pair them with defense cheerleaders like Raelin so that they can actually employ their massive attack score during rounds when you lose initiative. I also like how it isn’t super productive to roll for Appearing Ninjas at the start of the game. Being melee means they have to actually begin close to the enemy to be useful. Maybe they should cost 100?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 8th, 2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Sweet ninjas. I can’t help but think that it would be wisest to pair them with defense cheerleaders like Raelin so that they can actually employ their massive attack score during rounds when you lose initiative. I also like how it isn’t super productive to roll for Appearing Ninjas at the start of the game. Being melee means they have to actually begin close to the enemy to be useful. Maybe they should cost 100?
I'm glad you like them. You could drop them around Raelin if she were already forward deployed. I think these guys are a high risk, high reward sort of unit so I wouldn't be afraid of using them early. The start zone may be too cluttered for them to do good but with Phantom Walk they could stride straight through the enemy start zone and really put the hurt on some key figures. Given the swingy nature of their design I'm comfortable costing them a bit higher than they may otherwise be worth.

Thanks for commenting!
Old August 8th, 2019, 05:02 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Nice customs you have on this thread.
Old August 11th, 2019, 05:34 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Hello, chiming in.

The middle guy definitely has a kunai. They should probably have a ranged special attack (which would be neat with their appearing ninjas trick). Maybe even give the attack a bonus the first time they attack with it on the round they appear, like the defenders roll less defense dice. Definitely would keep it to a range of 3 or 4 though at most.

Also, your phantom walk still references southern wind ninjas, dunno if that's intentional or not.
Old August 12th, 2019, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the compliment, Heroscaper 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Hello, chiming in.

The middle guy definitely has a kunai. They should probably have a ranged special attack (which would be neat with their appearing ninjas trick). Maybe even give the attack a bonus the first time they attack with it on the round they appear, like the defenders roll less defense dice. Definitely would keep it to a range of 3 or 4 though at most.

Also, your phantom walk still references southern wind ninjas, dunno if that's intentional or not.
The figures are just some ninja miniatures I found while doing a quick google search so they could easily be replaced to clearly all be melee. I'm more interested in keeping them a pure melee squad. I already have a mixed melee and ranged ninja squad with the Ninjas of the Western Wind.

Thanks for catching the typo. Copy paste errors get me every time.
Old August 25th, 2019, 05:52 PM

This figure was created through HeroForge. Their figures are printed unpainted.

This is the Giant Crab from Pathfinder Miniatures - Deadly Foes

NAME = Tanira Thorngrow
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Ranger
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 100

TANIRA'S COMPANION

At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique small or medium Beast Hero you control to be Tanira's Companion. For this game the chosen Companion's class is Companion instead of Beast. Tanira’s Companion rolls 2 additional attack dice against figures leaving engagements with them.

COMPANION BONDING
After revealing an Order Marker on Tanira, before taking a turn with Tanira, you may take a turn with Tanira's chosen Companion as long as it is still under your control.

NAME = Clancy
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Crab
CLASS = Beast
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Small 3
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 35

CLIMBx2

When moving up or down levels of terrain, Clancy may double his height.

SCUTTLE
Clancy does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After a friendly figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Clancy rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, you may move Clancy up to 4 spaces. Clancy will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving this way.

ENDURING CRAB SPIRIT
When Clancy is destroyed, place this figure on any Unique Ranger Hero card you control. Clancy's spirit adds 1 to the Defense number on that card.

Tanira and Clancy are an unusual pair on the battlefield but make up for that with their punishing tactics. Tanira strides forward in the and lets loose her spears while Clancy scuttles up from behind. If she is being threatened by returning fire Clancy will close the distance surprisingly quickly and engage her assailants. Once there, under Tanira’s direction, Clancy will punish any foe that dares to leave engagement with the pinching crab. If Clancy does fall, his spirit will live on and protect Tanira in the afterlife.

Tanira and Clancy are a continuation of my Ranger and Companion groupings. Since Tanira is 3D printed, her model would have a set of throwing spears instead of the armament shown. This pairing has a short-ranged but sturdy ranger backed by a slow, defensive crab. Clancy’s defense is massive but he won’t do much besides park in engagement to tie the enemy up and occasionally pick someone off. Mixing and matching is possible with all my ranger pairings so they could be used to provide other possibilities.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old September 13th, 2021, 04:15 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Your Aspect of Hector custom, Roku Oni is actually the best custom rendition of this mini I have seen. One of the coolest custom minis IMO. Though I like the name “Lei gong” from the early tourney submitted rendition, “towering presence” was unnecessary, too strong and his special attack was left nearly useless. A few others I have seen were ridiculous or one that looked better, was in Einar, not as fitting for such an evil looking figure. Now here, he is quite literally a one man army with Torrent of Steel. Counter strike just makes sense as do his stats, with his lower survivability allowing him to not break the bank point value wise.

Now how does he synergize with Classic and VC? With Wardens Guard movement +1, things remain fitting at 6 move. With Crypt guardians guard bonding, options have begun to expand rather quick. With it being only one Crypt Guardian though, you can’t feel very wrong about it.
Now, Ataraxis, a most recent C3V in play testing. -1 Defense to figures defending against friendly Terrifying figures around her with some lock up. I like this them, but here it certainly would break Roku Oni, though you can make your own rules ofc. Or relentless fits.

This I feel is a slight con of C3V to me, that as more has been created, the restrictions for customs that you collect or create for home use becomes more complicated.
This is a small qualm and price to pay for all that we have received through C3V and the SoV and is by no means a complaint.

I will definitely be adding Roku Oni to my collection as quite possibly a permanent rendition for this mini.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; September 13th, 2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old September 21st, 2021, 08:33 AM

I'm glad you liked it. I was pretty proud of that one when I made it. I had actually liked him for Einar myself but was convinced by commenters to put him into Utgar.

The +1 movement from the Warden is nice and all but isn't exactly breaking the game. Looking back at it I designed this one months before the Crypt Guardians were released. I go through my decision making process in an earlier post but a lot of the choices I was making was just drawing connections to Gurei-Oni so that is why he is a guard. A unit will always look better when you get extra activations alongside it but that comes at a cost for army construction so I suspect he will still be okay.

I've been away from the site for a while so I'm not familiar with Ataraxis and -1 defense sounds pretty good for that special attack. At the end of the day this guy is still a melee hero so that might make him be pretty threatening against opposing heroes but it will still be tricky to maneuver him so he can actually take advantage of all those attacks against squads. Sounds fun but probably not game-breaking. Maybe it could make a cool army in some melee friendly scenario like a Heat of Battle.

The context in which a unit gets used will always change with respect to the other units around it or the scenario you put it in. I think it adds fun new dimensions to the game and I like when it can breathe new life into some old units that never had a chance to shine. I found the tournament scene on this site has done a good job making it so people don't just play the most optimized armies all the time so you can always shy away from unwanted synergies if you want to. This guy is just an untested custom at the end of the day so feel free to change any aspect of it if you don't like what that creates.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards