Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 13th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Book of Jinx (Breathing Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I'd keep her with normal range; just like the other magic users, she should be capable of casting generic unnamed spells when you don't draft her with spells. However, based on your description of her powers, I'd change Feet on the Ground to lower her range to 1 but leave her attack alone.

For Fearsome Sense, I think it'd feel more thematic if she gave out a defense boost when she hits her roll (thematically she's warning her teammates of the attack, allowing them to be more prepared) than it is for her to force a re-roll (which feels more like luck or reality warping to me).

Other than that, looks good.
Good point on the range. Also her Fearsome Sense is more of a reality warping type of thing. It's where her name comes from she sort of jinxes things...the opposite of Domino where she causes bad luck to happen to enemies. So I riffed off of...

BAD LUCK AURA
When an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Black Cat, you may subtract 2 from the roll. When an opponent's figure attacks Black Cat and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Bad Luck Aura can only be used once for each attack.

but she's essentially a Scarlet Witch of DC so technically it's closer to this which was an accident actually.

HEX-SPHERE DISTURBANCE 5
After an opponent rolls attack dice against Scarlet Witch, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Hex-Sphere Disturbance can be used only once for each attack.

So perhaps this works better...

Jinx Field I'll think of a better name (Jinx Aura, Probability Aura...)
After an opponent rolls attack dice withiin 4 clear sight spaces of Jinx, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. If the target of the attack has the Fearsome personality you may add 2 to the roll. Jinx Field can be used only once for each attack.

She usually does things like make weapons malfunction and things like that when they are being attacked.
That makes a lot more sense now. I like Jinx Field, but I agree with making it faction specific.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 13th, 2016, 03:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
She's a pretty simple support piece, but those are always needed. A faction without a defensive aura, well, that just ain't a faction at all!
Mammoth is the Heavy Hitter
Shimmer give autowounds
Psimon will allow the chance at multiple activations
Gizmo and company will give a squad like spread with some weak lockdown units
Jinx is the defensive aura and Magical Defense

That's my thinking anyway.

Not every faction needs a big movement power and they don't thematically have that anyway so it seems like a solid mid level faction.

Pairing up with the traditional Titans Jinx is the Raven counter with Magical Defense and Shimmer somewhat as well. Gizmo will be able to wear down Cyborg. Expanding out Shimmer was nice against Superboy when I could get him locked down with multiple engagements.

It may be nice to have a thread that discusses faction planning and strategies on a generic level. Like what combinations make a good faction.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 13th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Start a thread like that! Fun idea.

I like the direction you guys are taking this in. Nothing to add other than my support for the things being discussed and decisions being made.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2016, 10:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

SP Updated per our conversations. Never heard back on the Spell Card additions to Feet on the Ground. Is that the official term we are using?

@dok @weebaer @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 any potentially troublesome combos or suggestions for playtesting, for and against...Besides her obvious team up with Shimmer and Mammoth?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:06 AM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
FEET ON THE GROUND
If Jinx used her Flying special power this turn, she subtracts 3 from her Range number, may not use the Super Strength special power, and may not cast any Spells.

JINX FIELD
When an opponent's figure attacks Jinx or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Jinx with the Fearsome personality and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, that opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Jinx Field can only be used once for each attack.
Some wording suggestions, but otherwise looks good.

Old March 17th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Spells are going to be treated as powers on the figure's card, correct? So why not just negate all of her powers? The other two are defensive, after all, so it's not like they'll be coming up.
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Spells are going to be treated as powers on the figure's card, correct? So why not just negate all of her powers? The other two are defensive, after all, so it's not like they'll be coming up.
Good call, that works and definitely cleans up the wording.

Old March 17th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like a good plan.

Edit: Though the spell call out would be a fun "tease" for the public.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2016, 12:27 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

No concerns from me. Jinx Field seems underwhelming since it is only applied if the attacking figure has the fearsome personality.
Old March 17th, 2016, 12:32 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
No concerns from me. Jinx Field seems underwhelming since it is only applied if the attacking figure has the fearsome personality.
Actually, Jinx can uses it against any figure, the fearsome personality part is for figures she can protect.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old March 17th, 2016, 03:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

This is looking really good to me. I was about to suggest the same thing Johnny just suggested concerning the no special powers and spells treated like special powers on an army card but he beat me to it.

I've got two more spell tests I want to run next week and if those go well I think we will be ready to move it out into the Danger Room whenever the next round starts up (early April?). So if she is sent to the Danger Room at the same time we request some test for her with and without the spells in play.
Old March 17th, 2016, 09:00 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Thematically though she doesn't lose all her powers she's only weakened. I don't think she should lose the ability to bypass other figures Magical Defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
FEET ON THE GROUND
If Jinx used her Flying special power this turn, she subtracts 3 from her Range number, may not use the Super Strength special power, and may not cast any Spells.

JINX FIELD
When an opponent's figure attacks Jinx or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Jinx with the Fearsome personality and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, that opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Jinx Field can only be used once for each attack.
Some wording suggestions, but otherwise looks good.
I think that works and read much better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library