Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Conan

No, you were reading the original power incorrectly, LO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Comparing it with the original version of Expert Climbing, I can't see how. '...elevation changes of up to two levels count as one space' is the original version of Expert Climbing. '...elevation changes of one level count as one space' is the original Cimmerian Climbing. Expert Climbing was always ruled as acting the way it's presently worded, even if it was originally unclear, the present wording being:

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Black Cat, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Black Cat's height of 5 when climbing. Black Cat never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

So, Expert Climbing was never meant to just count elevation changes of two - it helps for larger ones too. Cimmerian Climbing is worded, at present, the exact same way Expert Climbing was, and yet I'm reading the power incorrectly by thinking it would work the same way?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 2nd, 2014, 10:22 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Doesn't matter. We're changing the wording here and you're just distracting right now.

Quote:
Old September 2nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Reading back through the thread the change from Expert to Cimmerian Climbing came after I did my tests.
Fun read though. Great job once again YK and extra special thanks to Griffin for chiming in and bringing this design full circle for me. I am very happy with how this turned out.
I hope somewhere Robert E. Howard is smiling and playing C3G.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 22nd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Old October 23rd, 2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think we need to ask Tornado and Viegon how it was tested.
It's been awhile now so I can't be sure, but I think I played it like this version:

Quote:
CIMMERIAN CLIMBING
When moving up exactly 1 level of height to move onto a space with Conan, do not count a space for the level of height. If Conan moves two or fewer spaces, you may count up to 15 levels of height as one space. You may ignore Conan's height of 5 when climbing.
So it looks like we still need the SP updated and then an art update here.

Quote:
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What should the SP be updated with? I no longer know what people want done here.
Old October 24th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
What should the SP be updated with? I no longer know what people want done here.
I still think that Cimmerian Climbing should be reworded in accordance with its original wording, which would mean playing it like Expert Climbing, which would mean it working for elevation changes beyond one (which feels more like climbing anyway). If it was played differently from the way Expert Climbing is played, then it was played wrong, because the wording was the same.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 24th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I still think that Cimmerian Climbing should be reworded in accordance with its original wording, which would mean playing it like Expert Climbing, which would mean it working for elevation changes beyond one (which feels more like climbing anyway). If it was played differently from the way Expert Climbing is played, then it was played wrong, because the wording was the same.
The power should match the way it was tested, especially since this is a fairly minor tweak.

I get your issue here, because it does seem inconsistent. But the whole reason Expert Climbing was changed was because the original Expert Climbing wording didn't support the effect that it was actually intended to have; literally following the original EC wording, you would actually get an effect more like the amended (and tested) part of Cimmerian Climbing.

By my understanding, Conan wasn't played wrong, but Expert Climbing was written wrong and Cimmerian Climbing is just getting a text update for clarity.
Old October 24th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
By my understanding, Conan wasn't played wrong, but Expert Climbing was written wrong and Cimmerian Climbing is just getting a text update for clarity.
This. We're changing the wording of the power to fit the original intention and fit what the group wants, not to fit the desire of a single non-C3G member.

I believe the version that quozl quoted above is the agreed upon version, though our wording experts should give it a once-over.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
This. We're changing the wording of the power to fit the original intention and fit what the group wants, not to fit the desire of a single non-C3G member.

I believe the version that quozl quoted above is the agreed upon version, though our wording experts should give it a once-over.
If it's based on the original intention, shoudln't Yodaking have the final say? He's the Designer, so he'll know what he intended.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 24th, 2014, 11:58 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I know I tested it just like it was Expert Climbing, which the quozl quoted version does not achieve. In that version if you move up 2 or 3 levels of terrain you now have to pay the full movement cost instead of getting the -1 discount. Which is why we were ready to move forward with this version before an objection was raised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
So I think this is a winner:

CIMMERIAN CLIMBING
When using a normal move and moving up any number of levels of height to move onto a space with Conan, do not count a space for the first level of height. If Conan moves two or fewer spaces, you may count up to 15 levels of height as one space. You may ignore Conan's height of 5 when using Cimmerian Climbing.

I'll update the SP tomorrow if I don't hear any other objections/suggestions. Then we would just need a card update.
Quote:
No, if that's the intent, we can word it more like Expert Climbing.
Quote:
Doesn't matter. We're changing the wording here and you're just distracting right now.
So now I guess the power is being changed? If everyone else wants it changed such that you only get the discount for moving up exactly 1 space, I think it is a minor enough change that I live with it and I don't think it would effect the price that much. He still has the ability to climb straight up very quickly when facing a wall. It is not how it was tested nor it was it the intent of the power though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library