Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 12th, 2019, 10:35 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Hey Gang (of 4), we’re looking to hold an event in Jersey in early March. We have penciled in the date of March 2nd. Events in the past have been held in Somerville and Hamilton. Location is TBD for this. We may base it if possible on where folks are coming from. Let us know if you’ll would be interested.

Chuck
Old January 13th, 2019, 02:30 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
My surprisingly 'Scapelovin' granddaughter Taleetha's birthday is on February15, and we'll be going to visit and play some 'Scape that weekend. As I will be bringing the 'Scape, I need to come up with a small map/scenario and some figures. I can't remember the last time I built a map from a VS plan, but I'm thinking that one of Flash_19's maps might work. We generally used a snake draft, heroes only, but maybe some form of Take 2 can be constructed. If my Hosting can be on 2/8, we could play a Take 2 tournament with medieval units only. Each of us brings two 250 point armies, and the pairs of players draft from the 4 armies, each player ending up with a combined army of 500 points.

Joris, Take 2 was a GenCon event, and is currently popular on the tournament scene. The medieval limitation will help us come up with interesting figure combinations for Taleethascape.
You may bring any number of 250 point combinations to play. 1 hour time limit per game.
Old January 14th, 2019, 05:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski,

Are you talking about running a game here in NYC on Friday 2/8? As you know, not all if any of us can be free that day. Also, I thought you were away for February as well as January this year. Did plans change?

I've sent you a few emails down there in Jamaica about this, but haven't heard back. I know you said service down there is spotty. So, since you seem to be able to post here, I'm trying this, even though we usually don't make personal arrangements through this board.

Send me a direct post on this if you can, or post here if you don't trust that.
Old January 14th, 2019, 10:01 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Kolakoski,

Are you talking about running a game here in NYC on Friday 2/8? As you know, not all if any of us can be free that day. Also, I thought you were away for February as well as January this year. Did plans change?

I've sent you a few emails down there in Jamaica about this, but haven't heard back. I know you said service down there is spotty. So, since you seem to be able to post here, I'm trying this, even though we usually don't make personal arrangements through this board.

Send me a direct post on this if you can, or post here if you don't trust that.
Sorry. 2/9 Saturday is what I meant.
Old January 14th, 2019, 02:09 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

They are now saying in the Book of Azazel that when he is bonding, the Death Knights (or any other bonder) also gets to roll for Rejected By Death! If only I had known...
Old January 17th, 2019, 02:10 PM

TOURNAMENT FORMATS THIS FEBRUARY AND MARCH

We usually play on large multiplayer boards for our monthly games, but in the next two months we'll be going back to the original roots of Heroscape with tournament formats:

Kolakoski's Take Two will be played on Sat . February 9 (see previous post for format).

Quizcode Mini Tournament In March

Our new member Quizcode will be moving to LA in April (Sob!). So in March we'll be having a Game Day for him. Since he likes small armies and tournament boards, we'll be setting up like we do to practice for the annual local Islandscape tournament (see Events section onsite), which is how he first met us here in Brooklyn. He didn't go to the tournament itself, but joined in for the practice last summer.

So we'll be planning it over the next couple of months. We'll probably have three tournament boards taken from those used at the last GenCon, and round robin three games with small armies on rotating maps.

It should be fun for all.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:39 PM

Well met!

Quote:

We usually play on large multiplayer boards for our monthly games, but in the next two months we'll be going back to the original roots of Heroscape with tournament formats:

Kolakoski's Take Two will be played on Sat . February 9 (see previous post for format).

Quizcode Mini Tournament In March

It should be fun for all.
Kolakoski’s Medieval Take 2: Each player brings two 250 point armies. No Unique Hero common to both. Valhalla Society rules (no guns). SoV/C3V allowed, no Marvel. Each game the Players roll for initiative. Winner chooses an army, looser takes two, and the winner takes the remainder. A 3 player game would use a snake draft. Each player combines the armies he’s drafted into one 500 point army. Players may bring more than 2 armies, playing different combinations in different games. Also, you may want to choose armies based on what map you're playing on. Note that even though you may not have the same Unique Hero in both of your armies, there may be Unique Heroes in common among opponents' armies and yours.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 17th, 2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old January 17th, 2019, 05:09 PM

Does that mean that if I choose one of my armies with say, Agent Carr, and one of someone else's with Agent Carr, I run both of them?

(Note: the NYCG4 in joke is that long ago he was one of the very few multiple figures we've ever run in different armies in the same game; and I think the only one that there were three of on the board at the same time).
Old January 18th, 2019, 11:07 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Does that mean that if I choose one of my armies with say, Agent Carr, and one of someone else's with Agent Carr, I run both of them?

(Note: the NYCG4 in joke is that long ago he was one of the very few multiple figures we've ever run in different armies in the same game; and I think the only one that there were three of on the board at the same time).
Yes. You could have more than one pair of the same figures.

Make sure your pairs of armies are of roughly equal strength to avoid being at the mercy of your initiative roll.
Old January 20th, 2019, 11:36 AM

Well met!

Clarifying:

Kolakoski’s Take 2: Each player brings two 250 point armies occupying no more than 12 spaces. No figures common to both. Valhalla Society rules (no guns). SoV/C3V allowed, no Marvel. Each game the Players roll for initiative. Winner decides if he will choose first or second (or third in a 3 player game). The player choosing first chooses an army, the other player takes two, and the first player takes the remainder. A 3 player game would use a snake draft. Each player combines the armies he’s drafted into one 500 point army. Time limit: After 45 minutes, play out the Round and the game is over. Players may bring more than 2 armies, playing different pairings in different games.
Old January 20th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Army 1: Zogross Hardscale, Armoc Vipers x2.
Army 2: Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x3, Isamu

Old January 20th, 2019, 06:24 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Army 1: Zogross Hardscale, Armoc Vipers x2.
Army 2: Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x3, Isamu
I wondered about the advisability of making my armies mutually supportive using Rogues. For example:

Army 1: Cormin, Kha, Dividers x 2
Army 2: Brigand x 2, Elaria, Tagawa Samurai

If you won initiative, how would you proceed?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion