Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old June 13th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

My main issue was snake eyes. Like dok said " it feels more like a cutesy double entendre reference to game mechanics than an implementation of the character's theme." Much better on a dice/gambling themed character.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old June 14th, 2015, 05:04 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

That's fine, it doesn't have to have the name. I don't care about that.

I still stand by Serpentine Movement rather than Slither, because he shouldn't be taking leaving engagements. It'd be a thematic fail if a contortionist, slippery, snake like creature/human is taking leaving engagements but doesn't have to stop movement when entering water. But, how about we just do something different altogether.

As for venom vs. crush, from what I've researched, venom is a big part of his arsenal. He can paralyze, and kill opponents, from his deadly fang venom. Crush could be added as well, but I don't believe the venom should be left out. Maybe drop the 2nd power, keep the venom reflex, and add the crush, so something like:

NAME = Copperhead

SPECIES = Serpentine/Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Criminal
PERSONALITY = Deadly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ~155-175?

SLITHERING CONTORTIONIST
Copperhead does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces, is never attacked when leaving engagements, and may walk through engaged friendly figures.

SERPENT CRUSH 13
Instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the figure receives a wound. You may continue to roll for Serpent Crush until the figure is destroyed or you do not roll 13 or higher.

VENOMOUS REFLEXES 11
When an enemy figure that was not adjacent to Copperhead prior to moving, ends its movement adjacent to Copperhead, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure takes 1 wound, and its turn immediately ends.
Old June 14th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
It honestly wouldn't be that difficult to design a book of spells.

1.Get the mechanic in place:
Make it similar to Batman's Utility Glyphs, spellcasting magic users would be able to choose from a list of spells. Certain spells can only be chosen by a specific character.

2.Assign a "point system":
Each spell will cost a certain number of points. The more powerful the caster, the more powerful the spells he/she could use, or they may trade power for quantity of lower point spells.

3.Create the spells:
The spells will simply be balanced by working out how much the spell costs. Something that adds 2 to the figure's movement this turn, would cost maybe 1 point, whereas something like a "roll 3 unblockable attack dice" against each adjacent figure might cost around 5 points. You build the foundation, and then it's just all balancing.

4.Turn the spells into Cards(like YK suggested).
Pretty much my thoughts also.
I was thinking about giving the spells a point value that would cost towards drafting, like a figure and then give all the current magic-user's a maximum draft amount. Newer figures could have a spell pool power and then perhaps more they could get through points.
However I like what you did with Zatanna and I think that may be the way to go.

I totally agree that certain spells would only be available to certain casters.
I will be certainly picking up Magic at Gen Con.
(Very ironic since I laughed at the demonstrators when the original Magic was first released at Gen Con in Milwaukee. I was certain it would fail. Card games absolutely exploded over the next few years.)
I love AS's ideas, and the idea of using Draft points is intriguing too. You could also have spells specific to certain spellcasters, spells some of them can't use, and some that certain ones start with automatically (the really iconic ones for them.)

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 14th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My thoughts also. YK also suggested going that route.
Should be interesting.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 14th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Should be interesting.
Hmm. Have you ever looked at G1sharks spell cards? Sounds similar to what you are talking about. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49857

Last edited by Grishnakh; June 14th, 2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old June 14th, 2015, 09:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

I still stand by Serpentine Movement rather than Slither, because he shouldn't be taking leaving engagements. It'd be a thematic fail if a contortionist, slippery, snake like creature/human is taking leaving engagements but doesn't have to stop movement when entering water. But, how about we just do something different altogether.

As for venom vs. crush, from what I've researched, venom is a big part of his arsenal. He can paralyze, and kill opponents, from his deadly fang venom. Crush could be added as well, but I don't believe the venom should be left out. Maybe drop the 2nd power, keep the venom reflex, and add the crush, so something like:

NAME = Copperhead

UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Criminal
PERSONALITY = Deadly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ~155-175?

SLITHERING CONTORTIONIST
Copperhead does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces, is never attacked when leaving engagements, and may walk through engaged friendly figures.

SERPENT CRUSH 13
Instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the figure receives a wound. You may continue to roll for Serpent Crush until the figure is destroyed or you do not roll 13 or higher.

VENOMOUS REFLEXES 11
When an enemy figure that was not adjacent to Copperhead prior to moving, ends its movement adjacent to Copperhead, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure takes 1 wound, and its turn immediately ends.
For what it's worth I didn't have an issue with the Serpent Crush and Serpentine movement combo. I like the Venomous Reflexes power as well. Nice Paralyzing theme and will be easy to design by adjusting the 11 as we need. We can also adjust the Crush power so it's not as powerful as well if there is still a Seth issue.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 14th, 2015, 10:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:

NAME = Copperhead

UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Criminal
PERSONALITY = Deadly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ~155-175?

SLITHERING CONTORTIONIST

SERPENT CRUSH 13

VENOMOUS REFLEXES 11
This looks pretty good as is to me other then some number adjustments. Good theme, useful powers. Actually I may add a lock down aspect to Serpent Crush so once you start squeezing a figure it can't be moved by any power.
Old June 15th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:

NAME = Copperhead

UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Criminal
PERSONALITY = Deadly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ~155-175?

SLITHERING CONTORTIONIST

SERPENT CRUSH 13

VENOMOUS REFLEXES 11
This looks pretty good as is to me other then some number adjustments. Good theme, useful powers. Actually I may add a lock down aspect to Serpent Crush so once you start squeezing a figure it can't be moved by any power.
My concern would be that no one would ever even engage him, he's weak enough that if you don't have range, you can just not engage him, as to avoid the VR11 power.

Also, I'd add immunities to both powers, I assume Androids and Undead can't be poisoned, and I don't think squeezing Galactus toe will do a lot of good.
Old June 15th, 2015, 01:52 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't ever engage Mystique on purpose due to engagement strike, but I do throw people into engagement with her.

Maybe engaging her with another figure could free a coiled figure, so you risk the 1W from a D20 roll but then free up a trapped figure that can then get away.
Old June 15th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Should be interesting.
Hmm. Have you ever looked at G1sharks spell cards? Sounds similar to what you are talking about. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49857
Yes, I did look through them once. He certainly has some great ideas.
I will give them a closer look in the months to come.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 17th, 2015, 11:23 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

NAME = KANG
SECRET IDENTITY = Nathaniel Richards
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Conqueror
PERSONALITY = Dramatic
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 350?

TIMESTREAM REINFORCEMENTS
At the start of the game, you may choose any Unique Heroes you control that would begin the game on the battlefield and instead place them on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Kang, you may place a figure from this card on any unoccupied space within 4 clear sight spaces of Kang and take an immediate turn with that figure, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

DAMOCLES ORBITAL ASSAULT
After taking a turn with Kang and before using Timestream Reinforcements, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and choose a space on the battlefield. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure on the chosen space and on all spaces adjacent to the chosen space, one at a time. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound.

ONE TRUE KANG
You may draft this figure into the same army with any other Uncommon Nathaniel Richards figures. If this Kang would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may destroy another Kang you control and ignore those wounds. The most wounds this Kang can take from any attack is one.

SUPER-STRENGTH
FLYING
How about this for One True Kang:
ONE TRUE KANG
You may draft this figure into the same army with any other Nathaniel Richards figures. The most wounds this Kang can take from any attack is one. Instead of placing enough wounds on this card to destroy Kang, you may destroy another Nathaniel Richards figure you control to ignore those wounds.
Just getting rid of the reference to uncommon and "this Kang"; I think it reads easier that way.

Anyway, I really like this design. Timestream Reinforcements is very powerful; I do wonder if it should be limited somehow. My first thought was to play him with figures like Harley Quinn and Liz Sherman, and just use Timestream Reinforcements like a grenade. Also, drop Blob on people to tie them down.
Old June 17th, 2015, 12:52 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

(disregard ... rewrote a whole piece and my machine rebooted; sorry)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; June 17th, 2015 at 01:25 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy