Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old December 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Looking to buy an Xbox 360, could use some advice.

Hey all, I'd like to get a new Xbox 360, but I've never had any sort of Game Console, so I really have no idea what the difference between all the models is. (Slim, 250 GB Elite, Kinect etc...) Is it worth it to buy a more expensive Model? I'm a very casual Gamer, and I don't play a lot either. Your thoughts and advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old December 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM

Psymanski Woo who?
Re: Looking to buy an Xbox 360, could use some advice.

The entry level ones are usually aimed at the more casual gamer and generally just dont come with as much. But you can but the extra stuff later if you need it. The biggest difference in the more expensive one is it will have a bigger hard drive(for saving files and also things purchased from the store games/music etc.) and the Kinect is just he Kinect bar which is microsofts Movement Sensor thing. I personally dont know anyone who gets any use out of that silly Kinect thing, but it may interest you. Anyways hope that helps a little, if your really casual gamer the cheapest one you can find is probably the best.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymanski View Post
The entry level ones are usually aimed at the more casual gamer and generally just dont come with as much. But you can but the extra stuff later if you need it. The biggest difference in the more expensive one is it will have a bigger hard drive(for saving files and also things purchased from the store games/music etc.) and the Kinect is just he Kinect bar which is microsofts Movement Sensor thing. I personally dont know anyone who gets any use out of that silly Kinect thing, but it may interest you. Anyways hope that helps a little, if your really casual gamer the cheapest one you can find is probably the best.
Hmmm, okay... So I assume this would be the base model?

Old December 29th, 2012, 01:52 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Yes, and it would probably be cheaper to buy that and a hard drive than the 150gb version. Of course, around a year or two ago I was able to buy a 4gb console with a 100gb hard drive on ebay for only $180 used, and it still works great. 4gb will get you almost nowhere (only a single game, maybe 2), but a $10 flash drive can be plugged in, and give you extra memory.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It wont be to long and the 360 will be a thing of the past.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
It wont be to long and the 360 will be a thing of the past.
Even when the 720 is released (and to my knowledge it has not even been announced), it will still be a little while before good games come out for it.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd recommend this as you cannot simply plop any HDD in the new slim models.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB...3&keywords=360

EDIT: Does not come with HDMI cables, so monoprice.com them

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; December 29th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know there has been talk and mass projection of the PS4 or "Orbis" as it is being called for Christmas 2013. But most projections put the PS4 out before the 720 which is also unofficially projected at 2013 Christmas.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

Slightly higher price there. Now the inevitable question, what does HDD mean?

Also, I really don't think my parents would even let me play Skyrim, it looks so cool though... That's not really relevant to the 250Gb though.

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:

Also, I really don't think my parents would even let me play Skyrim, it looks so cool though... That's not really relevant to the 250Gb though.
HDD = Hard Disk Drive

That is the amount of Hard drive space you have for music, movies, save games, and downloaded games.

Honestly, there isn't really anything bad in Skyrim other than badly animated combat.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:

HDD = Hard Disk Drive

That is the amount of Hard drive space you have for music, movies, save games, and downloaded games.

Honestly, there isn't really anything bad in Skyrim other than badly animated combat.
Can you tell me what the 250GB gives you that the 4 doesn't? (Besides the extra memory of course )

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Dr Feelgood

DLC (Downloadable content) and digital games.

Many games nowadays offer DLC, some bad, some good, that adds new features, new missions, etc to the game. However, they also take up HDD space. Some easily hit 1-2 GB in size and thus would kill the 4Gb really fast.

Digital games (Fez, The Walking Dead, Limbo, Bastion, Castle Crashers) typically cannot be bought at a store and are sold online only and are great games, but again, take up HDD space to install.

If you plan to never use or get those, then you can ignore them, but be aware, most GOTY (Game of the Year) editions of games include all the DLC out for the game, but don't run off disc but instead must be installed on the HDD to run.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games