Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 1st, 2007, 05:40 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
Nice stuff. Thise rocks look amazing. And I like your albino Carr.
Thanks!

Check out my custom figures. You can see a few more pics of the new Carr there. My favorite part is where I cut off his ponytail!
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What exactly is the paint/water/flour mixture?
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:06 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Well, I'm too cheap to go out and buy plaster or something like that. So in order to make a thick paste to fill in the gaps in the styro, I used whatever I had on hand, and made a mixture of latex house paint, Aleene's Tacky glue and flour.
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Quote:
Well, I'm too cheap to go out and buy plaster or something like that. So in order to make a thick paste to fill in the gaps in the styro, I used whatever I had on hand, and made a mixture of latex house paint, Aleene's Tacky glue and flour.

You are the MacGyver of custom terrain....hmmm think I need to go to the title advocacy thread....

I have been trying to perfect a similar combination using the scrap florists foam from my rock carvings, an old food processor, flour and water
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:20 AM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Quote:
Wow thats a great idea. (I especially like the cheap part.)

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Love you're new terrain. Gonna fit in nicely with SotM.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:36 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Your newest piece is outstanding, and your tutorial is thorough and helpful.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I like your stuff! Very nice! I wish I had time to get into building terrain again. It has been just crazy hectic. Thanks for sharing. The marrow bone structure looks kind of like mine I did a while back. I spaced them out a little more though to get 7 water tiles in the middle. Did you just mount them on one hex's, or did you just put them all together as one piece?

Keep the good stuff coming! Terrain a battlefield makes.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
I like your stuff! Very nice! I wish I had time to get into building terrain again. It has been just crazy hectic. Thanks for sharing. The marrow bone structure looks kind of like mine I did a while back. I spaced them out a little more though to get 7 water tiles in the middle. Did you just mount them on one hex's, or did you just put them all together as one piece?

Keep the good stuff coming! Terrain a battlefield makes.
Thanks!

I used a 7 hex tile for the base, so it is all one piece.
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Jandar Guard Tower

Latest addition: Jandar Guard Tower

I started a new project. This is going to be a Jandar Guard Tower. I'm making it so that it lines up with a nornal hex height so it can be intgrated into any map, or castle.

First, I cut out the shape of the hex pattern and made two. Then I drew the shapes of the flagstones, and cut them out.

I glued them down as I cut them out, one at a time. I did this so I wouldn't lose my place.

After they were all in place, I painted the entire surface black. Then drybrushed on gradually lighter shades of grey.

Then I went back in and added in some different shades of brown and grey to mix it up a bit. And finally, I added a light brybrush of white.

As you can see here, the tower height matches the castle wall with one more tile on top. Nice.

I plan on leaving the battlements loose so I can use this piece in several configurations. But I might paint them to match. I still need to figure out how I am going to get a stone texture on the tower itself. I'd love to get my hands on some of that thin foam that Gidian uses here:

Well, I found some foam sheets. They are only about 2mm thick so they can't be "carved" deep but for this project it should work well. I followed Gidian's friend Wolfgang's method on the Vampire castle.

Old August 11th, 2007, 11:38 AM

redic_rogue_07 has disabled reputation
great job, looks good.
Old August 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM

Thanks redic,

I didn't like the stonework I did on the last piece of foam, so I re-made it. This time there are no windows and it is all bricks. I'll get a photo up later. Then I have to get ready for the Speed Terain contest #6!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles