Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old July 1st, 2022, 10:21 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon - Indy road work 2022

First off - the complete redo of the downtown Indianapolis I-65/I-70 interchange is still in progress, so you can't drive through Indy on either interstate. This really only affects those west bound on I-70 from points east. The best work around is to use I-465 around the south side.

I-70 east bound (from St.Louis) has construction around Brazil, IN (IN 59 interchange) and also around IN 39. The delays are sometimes long depending on the day and time of day. An alternate route is to take Exit 11 (IN 46/US 40), go north to US 40 and take US 40 East. It is a 4 lane highway (most of the time - goes to 2 lanes through the town of Brazil). You can cut back over to I-70 at US-231, or you can go all the way to Ronald Reagan Parkway (which becomes Ameriplex Parkway when it crosses over I-70 and goes to the hotel). We just returned from a trip out west, and Google maps showed that the US 40 route was 20 minutes shorter than I-70, but this was Thursday afternoon before the 4th of July weekend. So, I guess the best advice is to use a good map app/GPS program that tracks traffic to see which route is best based on when you are travelling.

I-65 from Chicago has some road work north of Lebanon IN - but normally all lanes are open - just slower in the construction zone (and it also seems like it always has heavy traffic). My last trip to Lake Co., IN (county in the north west corner of Indiana), I used US 41 and US 52 - this added time to the trip due to going through Lafayette, but it has almost no truck traffic and is 4 lanes the whole way (merges with I-65 on north side of Lebanon IN). Of course I'm and old man who will trade some time for a less stressful drive.

I-69 from the south is now complete north of Martinsville, IN, but there can be back ups in work zones between there and Indy on IN-37 (which is being converted to I-69). If using this route, I'd recommend using IN-39 (south side of Martinsville) to cut over to IN-67. IN-67 is a 4 lane highway and it will take you to the south end of Ameriplex Parkway (road hotel is on)

I-69 from the north seems to constantly be under some sort of work. INDOT is starting a project that will redo the interchange at I-69/I-465. There are lane shifts, etc., but last time I was up there (about a month ago) all lanes were open.

I-65 and I-74 from the south/east don't have any major road work, but since both connect to I-465 on the south side of Indy where the additional I-70 traffic is directed due to downtown interchange closure, there can be significant slow downs on I-465 at the interchanges due to heavy traffic.
Old July 1st, 2022, 11:35 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: ScapeCon - Indy road work 2022

Thanks, this is going to be incredibly helpful!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old July 2nd, 2022, 12:43 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon - Indy road work 2022

Thank you!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon