Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old September 4th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

I got started on Heroscape in the beginning of 2005 when we were watching a movie. My older brother was at a friends house and called us to tell us about an awesome new game he was playing. He said it was called Heroscape. Later that month I was at Wal-mart and saw the Master Set. I had no idea how to play or who the figures were but I just bought it. We played later that night and had a blast. Anyway, I can safely say I got hooked on Heroscape before I ever saw Marvelscape.
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:05 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I just read in another thread about a player who just got into Heroscape this past Christmas because he received Marvelscape as a gift, and it reminded me of this thread, so I figured I'd give it a
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:40 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Add me to the list.

I was shambling around Toys'R'Us with a few extra bucks in my pocket, scouring the clearance priced games and what do I see but MarvelScape for $19.99. Now I had noticed 'Scape in the past but to my shame and regret I had dismissed it due to it being put out by Hasbro. Sure, it looked nice, but I've been suckered in by 'bimbo games' before... a box full of pretty plastic with nothing going on upstairs. I'm an 'oldschool' RPG player and wargamer, so I have standards, ya know?

Anyway, I figured for twenty bucks, the figures looked nice and would come in handy for RPGs in the future [not that adult life allows me to ever play RPGs any more] plus I could always use the terrain for other wargames [which I also never seem to have the time to play].

When the penny dropped that the rules were elegant [not simple], the game looked fantastic when all set up and the minis didn't require painting, I was hooked.

Needless to say, it was the best [and worst] purchase I have made in a long long time. HS is basically the most awesome game ever created for my personal tastes, interests, amount of free time, group of friends, etc. That I can get my NON-gaming lady and friends to play... a Tabletop Strategy Wargame!? It's madness, really. The addition of iconic Marvel characters only adds to the appeal for casual players. My girlfriend loves Captain America, and I'm sure he's the sole reason she agreed to play in the first place.

Curse you MarvelScape... you got your hooks in me bad! Gotta buy more 'Scape... I just need a little more... something to hold me over... just help me out man I NEEDS IT!!!

Waiting for Wave 9, I now understand the Velvet Underground song 'Waiting For The Man'.

Last edited by Garada; January 17th, 2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: content
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Needless to say, it was the best [and worst] purchase I have made in a long long time.
Most of us here would agree.

List updated.
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Add myself, my son, and my non-gaming wife to the list.

I know it appears that many old school HS'ers don't like the marvel set, but without it, would have never jumped into it. Heck, my son is gonna buy 2 more blister packs today probably.
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Add myself, my son, and my non-gaming wife to the list.

I know it appears that many old school HS'ers don't like the marvel set, but without it, would have never jumped into it. Heck, my son is gonna buy 2 more blister packs today probably.
Do those come from opening the packs, or from holding them too tight because you're worried someone else will try to take them from you?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From opening the packs, while trying your absolute best not to bend any of the cards while doing so :P
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
From opening the packs, while trying your absolute best not to bend any of the cards while doing so :P
Yeah, that can be really tricky.

Consider yourself added to the list.
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Frostvii is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I wanted to add myself to the list.

I'm another one that would've never looked at HS if it weren't for Marvel. Huge comic fan, but I'm more of a console RPGer. I just happen to be surrounded by friends and family who are comic addicts. I saw it a while back at WalMart and it caught my eye bc I just started collecting the Mighty Muggs (terrible addiction) but shrugged my shoulders. Early this month I saw it on sale and pretty much jumped on the wagon. I told my cousin about it bc he would tell me about a game he played when he was younger (I believe it was Classic Marvel RPG). I showed him the game and he was said he had nothing better to do. After playing for 20 minutes, we went out and bought 15 Heroclix and 50, yes 50, more the week after.

The only really bad thing that's occured was walking into a store that was exclusively Heroclix, WarHammer 40K and such. The worker was super creepy and continuously kept ripping on HS and said HeroClix was delivered by God himself. We just nodded and walked away. Besides that, its super cool game and I think we almost spend more time customizing then the game so far.
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostvii View Post
The only really bad thing that's occured was walking into a store that was exclusively Heroclix, WarHammer 40K and such. The worker was super creepy and continuously kept ripping on HS and said HeroClix was delivered by God himself. We just nodded and walked away.
Yeah, that seems an all too common experience in a lot of game stores.

Anyway, Frostvii is added to the list at lucky number 13!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:58 PM

phnx911 Woo who?

I bought my Husband Marvelscape for Christmas this year. I wanted to know if we would like the game and the marvel set seemed like less of a commitment and we are both big comic buffs so it was a comfy place to start.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phnx911 View Post
I bought my Husband Marvelscape for Christmas this year. I wanted to know if we would like the game and the marvel set seemed like less of a commitment and we are both big comic buffs so it was a comfy place to start.
Welcome to the club, phnx911!

I hope you and your family have a great time with this awesome game. Is your husband on these boards as well?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion