Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old May 28th, 2008, 06:32 PM

cowmaster13 Woo who?
Re: Magic:The Gathering

this needs a

Yes I play too many card games!

Heroscape strategy puzzles, play them.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=16494
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:16 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just picked up this game. I know, I'm like 15 years late. My girlfriend and I have been playing quite a bit lately and very much enjoy it. It's eaten close to $100 very quickly, though.

My deck right now is red/blue. My girlfriend has a tough time beating me. I feel bad for her sometimes. I've looked through her deck, and some decisions she's made seem questionable. She'll play a bad deck 100 times before taking my post-beatdown advice, though.
Old August 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM

thezandcshow has disabled reputation

I was on vacation to Cape Cod, and I managed to find some older packs. I bought:
Nemesis Booster Pack (x1)
Invasion Booster Pack (x2)
Judgment Booster Pack (x2)
Onslaught Booster Pack (x2)
Scourge Booster Pack (x1)

Along with those, I bought:
Mirrodin Tournament Pack (x1)
Unhinged Booster Pack (x4)
Coldsnap Booster Pack (x2)

Do I really need a signature?
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I started playing MTG about 3years ago. I quickly got very competitive. Trying to keep up with the top decks can cost you an arm and leg (and thats just for the lands). So eventually I started playing online where I could draft more often(no need for specific cards just boosters). This at first made the wife happy because I stayed home more and wasn't spending as much money. But then I found Heroscape. I haven't played MTG since then. I still love the game just not as much as Heroscape. I just cant keep up with it financially. So I plan on keeping my online account and playing occassionally. Plus the wife likes and plays Heroscape, she hates MTG. So if anyone is interested in some cards I plan on getting rid of my paper collection.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:56 AM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
I started playing MTG about 3years ago. I quickly got very competitive. Trying to keep up with the top decks can cost you an arm and leg (and thats just for the lands). So eventually I started playing online where I could draft more often(no need for specific cards just boosters). This at first made the wife happy because I stayed home more and wasn't spending as much money. But then I found Heroscape. I haven't played MTG since then. I still love the game just not as much as Heroscape. I just cant keep up with it financially. So I plan on keeping my online account and playing occassionally. Plus the wife likes and plays Heroscape, she hates MTG. So if anyone is interested in some cards I plan on getting rid of my paper collection.
There's a very slight possibility my parents would let me. What sets are they from, how many are there, and how much would it cost?

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:28 AM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

Ive always had a love hate relationship when it comes to MTG.
The game itself is quite fun and putting the decks together is a very enjoyable experience and takes quite a bit of strategy, or no strategy at all if you just want to play a fun deck
However, the constant release of new sets makes keeping up with the game almost impossible without a secret Cayman Islands bank account.
Im loathe to part with my collection, but its simply gatherthing dust and taking up space. Im planning on liquidating mine over the winter through Ebay....

Live in the Ohio Valley? Consider Joining OVAH
Snoop dont sow.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

I owe a lot to MTG. My FLGS was one of the first in the country to carry "Magic," so I got in on the ground level. I quite playing just after the "Arabian Nights" were released. The selling of "Mox" stones paid for my very expensive BFA. Even now if a need a couple of hundred bucks, I just sell a small stack of cards.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Fooflesnort View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
There's a very slight possibility my parents would let me. What sets are they from, how many are there, and how much would it cost?
Im currently trying to work out a trade with another member to get some Heroscape figures. I really want to get rid of the entire collection in one shot. If for some reason things don't work out or I dont get rid of the whole thing Ill be sure to leave you a message.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM

Paladin has disabled reputation

I have been playing Magic since, I think, 1994? I have rebuilt the very same deck, as it was stolen from me not once but twice! (Once at a party, why was I playing Magic at a party? Because I'm THAT cool!, the second time was at the Joe Kubert school)

My deck is white/blue and while I have updated the power of the deck with some newer cards, I have been surprised how good the deck is in casual play, despite using older cards.

Counterspells, Sword to Plowshares, White Knights, Disenchants, Exalted Angels, Northern Paladins, Sleight of Minds, Balance, Wrath of Gods, Serra Angels and a few Velusian Dopplegangers just for fun.

I may not win tournaments (placed third in a very small local tourney due to luck and some choice opponents) but I have fun. And that's the name of the game. Fun.

"We scorch the earth, and set fire to the sky, we stoop so low to reach so high"
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart

I hosted a tournament last weekend at my house, called it Phat Limited II (yes, there was a Phat Limited I). It was 1 pack of everything legal in standard, in celebration/shame of the largest card pool Standard has ever seen. For those out of the loop: Tenth Edition, Coldsnap, Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, Future Sight, Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoor, Eventide. 9 packs, sealed deck.

It was a blast. People had a lot of fun and there were only a couple swingy bombs. Most people built some crazy well-balanced/stylized decks. I'm looking forward to the next tournament I run...

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Soridir is surprisingly tart

I love magic the gathering and my favourite deck is the Elvish Preditation. I love this deck because it gets so many elves out and its ability "death touch" is awsome. I have like 10,000 cards so if anyone wants to trade heroscape stuff for some just me a pm. I've got a bunch of rares and all colours.

My Custom Terrain and Obstacles
My Scenarios 1
My Scenarios 2
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:53 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
Magic: the Gathering? Is that like a new game? Probably just a rip off of Pokemon.
Magic the Gathering was introduced by Wizards of the Coast in the early 90's and basically pioneered the modern trading card game, whereas Pokemon came about in the late 90's.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games