Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of 10th Regiment of Foot

how is this for a 370pt army? (small map)

Johnny=65
Realin=145
10th reg.x3=370
Old July 17th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post

Johnny=65
Realin=145
10th reg.x3=370
Yes. Has a special attacker, Raelin, and an excellent bread and butter squad. Just watch out for massive heroes.

4th are better than tenth hands down, and here's why:
1) 4th have the oppurtunity to get the valiant bonus. You don't have to get it, but if you choose to, its a massive boon.
2) 4th can benefit from all the cheerleaders of the tenth (though not the sacred band boost).
3) Squads like this need no help against melee. They will have fire superiority (being able to attack from range and getting all 4 attacks in, mostly likely from high ground). Against melee, 99.99% of the time, the 4th have adequate offensive output against all melee thrown at them.
4) Against range, they are equal too or just plain better than the tenth. If they have valiant, good for them. They will be able to stand up reasonably. If they don't, they're tenth for 5 less points in that match-up.
5) They cost less.

Join us next week for why Raelin is better than Kelda definitively in 5 points

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old July 17th, 2014, 08:01 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:

Johnny=65
Realin=145
10th reg.x3=370
Yes. Has a special attacker, Raelin, and an excellent bread and butter squad. Just watch out for massive heroes.

1) 4th have the oppurtunity to get the valiant bonus. You don't have to get it, but if you choose to, its a massive boon.
2) 4th can benefit from all the cheerleaders of the tenth (though not the sacred band boost).
3) Squads like this need no help against melee. They will have fire superiority (being able to attack from range and getting all 4 attacks in, mostly likely from high ground). Against melee, 99.99% of the time, the 4th have adequate offensive output against all melee thrown at them.
4) Against range, they are equal too or just plain better than the tenth. If they have valiant, good for them. They will be able to stand up reasonably. If they don't, they're tenth for 5 less points in that match-up.
5) They cost less.

That is all...
Old July 17th, 2014, 08:14 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This Ol' Debate

I'm just gonna leave this here.

~Dysole, tiptoeing quietly out of the thread
Old July 17th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Tjank you for the feedback. As much as I like the 4th Mass., I perferthe 10th Reg. I case of an all melee enemy army...
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:43 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

10th Regiment of Foot
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 14th, 2015, 09:39 AM

Dragon_Yutha is surprisingly tart

I have 2 question:

1. Wait then fire: can you use wtf also when you are engade with a enemy figure.

2. if the first question is yes. is it not so that the 10th Regiment of Foot's power, bayonet attack 1 is not usefull this way.

when you use BA1 while 1 of your figure is engaged then I choose wait then fire. none of my figures moved so myn engaged figure will recieve a extra attack die. and dos not cost 1 extra attack die on my other non-engaged figures.

or am i not correct
Old August 14th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Yes, you can use Wait Then Fire when engaged.

And yes, you cannot use Bayonet Charge if you're using Wait Then Fire. A figure must have moved to use Bayonet Charge and if this is the case then the Wait Then Fire bonus does not apply.
Old August 14th, 2015, 10:44 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Always a tough decision when you have:
  • one figure engaged on a level plain, but you could move to get bayonet (3 w/ or w/out WTF)
  • another one engaged, but you can move to get height and bayonet (4 w/out WTF, 3 w/ WTF)
  • one another already has height and in range (3 w/out WTF, 4 w/ WTF)
  • one in range same height but you can move to get ranged height or bayonet with bayonet. (3 or 4 w/out WTF, 3 w/ WTF)
  • one you can bring up to get bayonet same height (3 w/out WTF, 0 w/ WTF)
  • two you can bring up to get range with height (3 w/out WTF, 0 w/ WTF)
I usually look a couple moves ahead to see in game value of what I need to kill and the risk I'm willing to take, but its decisions like that that make the 4th and the 10th really prove if you can live with slow rolling your way up the field and not be attempted to go for the easier kills only focusing on the turn you are on.
Old August 14th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You can move a figure while it's engaged, as well. So one guy with a Bayonet can move over one, and move back if you want to get the +1 attack.
Old August 26th, 2015, 05:43 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:

Johnny=65
Realin=145
10th reg.x3=370

5) They cost less.

I'm gonna take the bait here, most likely to my chagrin, but anyways:

I disagree completely. The 10th are far superior.

1) While the 4th can get a Valiant bonus, but the 10th also benefit from +1 defense in close combat. The slight edge goes to the 4th here, but nevertheless, the 10th aren't far behind.

2) On many maps, the 4th DO need help in melee combat. Granted, Raelin helps everybody, but say for example, if a Brunak/Isamu duo comes charging in, esp. if they control the Speed glyph, the 4th are gonna get slaughtered. The 10th have the slight advantage here, as well as their Bayonet Attack 1, so long as they move 1 square, which really isn't all that hard to accomplish.

3) At range, they have the exact same stats. So unless your team is boasting Rae-rae (Snooze...BORING!) or an all Valiant team, the squads are equals here.

4) 5 points less...? Eh, that's really not that much less. I'll take an army of 10th over the 4th any day of the week. More attack power, and better defense in melee combat is worth it.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old August 26th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My apologies Owlman. Burnak, Isamu and Speed Glyph rule all. You are absolutely right. I forgot about that incredibly OP combo.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units