Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 27th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of 10th Regiment of Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
[
I really really like these guys. Not quite as good as the 4th, but mashing them with Romies and Sacred Band is always a fun option.
Lies...check out how many tournaments the 4th Mass have won vs the 10th Reg in the past 3 years. 10th > 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
[
I really really like these guys. Not quite as good as the 4th, but mashing them with Romies and Sacred Band is always a fun option.
Lies...check out how many tournaments the 4th Mass have won vs the 10th Reg in the past 3 years. 10th > 4th
10th are less cheesy than 4th I think many players feel. They are also more available (for example I own 4 squads of tenth and none of 4th). They really are close though in effectiveness, so maybe I'm totally wrong.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old June 29th, 2014, 12:16 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[
10th are less cheesy than 4th I think many players feel. They are also more available (for example I own 4 squads of tenth and none of 4th). They really are close though in effectiveness, so maybe I'm totally wrong.
The 10th Regiment are much more versatile to play than the 4th Massachusetts. People like options and the 10th give you that. You can include Marcus for move boost, Raelin for defense boost, Fen Hydra as a tough hero killer, Major Q10 for a special attack, and the list goes on. With the 4th your options do become a lot more limited, you really can't flesh out your army without negating the valiant defense boost. Of course, they can do one thing outside of the box, and that's if you run a single, dangerous, non-valiant hero with your 4th that your opponent just can't ignore. I've played Braxas with 4th Massx4 it's a lot of fun and pretty effective. Anyway, the point I'm getting at is because the 10th are so much more open in terms of style of play than the 4th, it makes them the popular pick.
Old June 29th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
[
Of course. No one wants to be known as the guy who destroyed everyone with a 4th swarm.

This is a matter of the 4th being better, but their superior strength makes people think of them as being lame, resulting in less play.
Old June 29th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[
The 10th Regiment are much more versatile to play than the 4th Massachusetts. People like options and the 10th give you that. You can include Marcus for move boost, Raelin for defense boost, Fen Hydra as a tough hero killer, Major Q10 for a special attack, and the list goes on. With the 4th your options do become a lot more limited, you really can't flesh out your army without negating the valiant defense boost. Of course, they can do one thing outside of the box, and that's if you run a single, dangerous, non-valiant hero with your 4th that your opponent just can't ignore. I've played Braxas with 4th Massx4 it's a lot of fun and pretty effective. Anyway, the point I'm getting at is because the 10th are so much more open in terms of style of play than the 4th, it makes them the popular pick.
Or, I could use the 4th with any of those heroes for 5 points less and still win against melee with my superior 4 attacks per turn. And against range, I'm exactly even with the 10th, for 5 points less and a chance that if everyone else dies, I get plus one defense.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old June 29th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Would this army be "effecetive" for a 600 point battle?

10th.reg.X3=225
KMA=325
IS=385
Shiori=445
Q10=595

Would welcome feedback.
Old June 29th, 2014, 05:10 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Efficacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Would this army be "effecetive" for a 600 point battle?

10th.reg.X3=225
KMA=325
IS=385
Shiori=445
Q10=595

Would welcome feedback.
In a vacuum it's not a bad army. 10th/KMA/and Q10 are all solid units. Izumi aren't bad but Shiori is...well she's not all that great. If it was me I'd probably replace Izumi and Shiori with something like Marcus and Marcu, or Laglor and Isamu, or Kruggles/Fen Hydra/Kaemon. First two help your army synergize better and the Kruggles/Nommower provide you with some big beefy hero killing power while Kaemon gives you versatility. Again, it's not bad but if you're looking to maximize efficiency Shiori and Izumi aren't the best call unless you know they specifically counter what you'll be playing.

~Dysole, wondering if this is better suited in the Armies Discussion part of the forum

Last edited by Dysole; June 29th, 2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Forgot the samurai
Old June 29th, 2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[
Or, I could use the 4th with any of those heroes for 5 points less and still win against melee with my superior 4 attacks per turn. And against range, I'm exactly even with the 10th, for 5 points less and a chance that if everyone else dies, I get plus one defense.
4th Mass better than 10th against melee for 5 points less per squad? Hardly. I wouldn't say 4th have 4 superior attacks against most melee units, most melee units hit harder than 4th. If your talking about WTF your giving up height and positioning for it, while the 10th can still get both of those plus get an attack boost with bayonet.

And against range, no 4th are not exactly even with 10th, the 10th still have bayonet. Ranged units can still easily get close to each other and when they do bayonet can more than make up for those extra 10-20 points.
Old June 29th, 2014, 07:04 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Beg To Differ

Quote:

4th Mass better than 10th against melee for 5 points less per squad? Hardly. I wouldn't say 4th have 4 superior attacks against most melee units, most melee units hit harder than 4th. If your talking about WTF your giving up height and positioning for it, while the 10th can still get both of those plus get an attack boost with bayonet.

And against range, no 4th are not exactly even with 10th, the 10th still have bayonet. Ranged units can still easily get close to each other and when they do bayonet can more than make up for those extra 10-20 points.
Problem is that the 4th can make the melee units come to them so they get more opportunities to attack. The 10th have the extra defense dice against melee (unless it's a special attack) but the 4th would have that extra defense die unless you aren't playing all valiant regardless. As for range...trust me 2 defense dies pretty hard to a ranged unit. If you want to make the argument that you can play other units with the 10th, you can do the same thing with the 4th but for cheaper. Honestly the only thing I can really say is that some people's playstyles work better for the 10th but the 4th are just a better unit.

~Dysole, who finds the 4th boring
Old June 29th, 2014, 07:42 PM

Re: Beg To Differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

Problem is that the 4th can make the melee units come to them so they get more opportunities to attack. The 10th have the extra defense dice against melee (unless it's a special attack) but the 4th would have that extra defense die unless you aren't playing all valiant regardless. As for range...trust me 2 defense dies pretty hard to a ranged unit. If you want to make the argument that you can play other units with the 10th, you can do the same thing with the 4th but for cheaper. Honestly the only thing I can really say is that some people's playstyles work better for the 10th but the 4th are just a better unit.

~Dysole, who finds the 4th boring
What problem are you referring to? The 10th can make melee units come to them so they get more opportunities to attack just like the 4th? And, (since your implying using any heroes, thus negating valiant defense) slightly cheaper 4th > slightly more expensive 10th, regardless of their bayonet power? Are you saying bayonet is not worth the extra 5 points per squad?
Old June 29th, 2014, 07:59 PM

Wait. Let Me Fire.

Quote:

What problem are you referring to? The 10th can make melee units come to them so they get more opportunities to attack just like the 4th? And, (since your implying using any heroes, thus negating valiant defense) slightly cheaper 4th > slightly more expensive 10th, regardless of their bayonet power? Are you saying bayonet is not worth the extra 5 points per squad?
Is Bayonet useful? Yes. Is it worth the extra five points? Maybe. The difference is that 10th have 2 defense unless they have Raelin or are being attacked by an adjacent non special attacker. 4th have 3 defense all the time (unless you aren't playing them as valiant). If you are playing non-valiant 4th then you have extra points left over. Is the Bayonet worth whatever you would use those extra points for? Difficult to say. Probably comes down to what you are playing against but in general the 10th only have the advantage when they are fighting in melee which is the worst situation for a ranged unit. Jexik explained it all nice and wonderfully in another thread and I haven't seen any argument that convinces me otherwise.

~Dysole, melee defensively
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Re: Wait. Let Me Fire.

Is Bayonet useful? Yes. Is it worth the extra five points? Maybe. The difference is that 10th have 2 defense unless they have Raelin or are being attacked by an adjacent non special attacker. 4th have 3 defense all the time (unless you aren't playing them as valiant). If you are playing non-valiant 4th then you have extra points left over. Is the Bayonet worth whatever you would use those extra points for? Difficult to say. Probably comes down to what you are playing against but in general the 10th only have the advantage when they are fighting in melee which is the worst situation for a ranged unit. Jexik explained it all nice and wonderfully in another thread and I haven't seen any argument that convinces me otherwise.

~Dysole, melee defensively[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the explanation. I wouldn't use 4th unless I was planning to have a valiant army, it's what gives them a definitive advantage over the 10th. If I wanted to have multiple non-valiant heroes, I'd go with 10th for sure, their bayonet power is worth the extra cost to me.

~Master of Disaster, has learned to fear Dysole, when he's rolling for Runa's Helm of Mitonsoul

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units