Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 29th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Spellbook of Healing Spell - Vote for Initial Playte

Restore?
Old August 29th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Restore?
Honestly, I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to not try to get clever here and just call it, straight to the point, 'Heal'. Plus, given the inspiration, I'd definitely like to get the word Heal or Healing in there.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 29th, 2017, 03:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If we are going to allow the spell to 'heal' the undead and robots as well as living tissue then I think the spell needs a name that better reflects that. For me 'heal' relates to living tissue as 'repair' relates to mechanical. For undead maybe 'reanimate' or 'reconstitute' would be the right word. So I'd be looking for a spell name that does not specifically use any of those words but rather could encompass all of them. Restore actually works pretty well in that light. Something like Fortify or Rejuvenate could be an option too.
Old August 29th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

What about something a bit more flavorful, along the lines of "Magical/Mystical/Arcane Restoration"?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 29th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, I really don't mind cutting out Undead and Androids - this is meant to be a classic, RPG-esque healing spell, and I'd like a name to reflect that. Also, I'm not sure how necessary words like Mystical etc. are for spell names - it's a spell card, it's mystical by implication! It starts making it feel weird that the others aren't called that. Which is making me think more and more that I'd like to take the word 'spell' out.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 29th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Hard as ice

Re: The Spellbook of Heal - Vote for Initial Playtest

I've renamed it to Heal.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Spellbook of Heal - Initial Playtest

This Passes On Time to Initial Playtesting.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Hard as ice

I had the afternoon free, so I decided to belt out the Initial Playtests for this!

- Theme Test - Pass - It's a healing spell, theme isn't that hard here.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- Spells don’t bond.
- Synergies Test - Pass - I'm not seeing any issues
- Power Check - Pass - Nor here.
- Fun Test - Pass
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass
- It never felt that irritating to see an enemy give up his attack to heal a wound.
- Drafting Test - Tentitive Pass - I have to say, I'd probably almost never actually draft it at 30, and even then not in multiples.
- Usage Test - Pass - It was usable, but you need to pick your time since it hurts your efficiency.
- Strategy Test - Pass - Chosing when to use your limited number of heals, especially considering it costs your attack, and who to use them on, is pretty strategic.

Name Of The Playtest Spell: Heal

Army Test 1
Map:
Bad Moon Rising (no glyphs)
Armies:
Baron Mordo, Wong, Hypnotise, Mesmerise, Heal x2 (30pts each) (470 points)
vs.
Luke Cage, Wolverine (470 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Doctor Strange, Captain America (C3G), Wong, Bucky, Heal x2 (30pts each), Final Ruin (760 points)
vs.
Iron Patriot, Super-Skrull (Rl'nnd), Bane (760 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I really like this spell, it’s exactly what I wanted, but I’ve explained why I think it’s overcosted right now and, honestly, that isn’t a result I’m unhappy with - I didn’t thematically imagine this as a high-costing spell. Considering my findings and the fact that it lost two games and not exactly close run ones for the point cost, assuming there’s no objections, I intend to propose this for Danger Room playtesting at 20 points tomorrow morning.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My guess is that you will have a hard time dropping cost on this one but we will see.
Old August 30th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
My guess is that you will have a hard time dropping cost on this one but we will see.
The thing is, this isn't like Mesmerise where in you don't have to sacrifice anything to use it - the loss of an attack and momentum is a major, in built cost to this spell. This isn't one where you can rely on pure maths - you have to look at the in-game impact, and the fact is that, most of the time, the wounds are going right back on, perhaps with interest, after a turn of no, or lesser, reprisal, and those games weren't close.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; August 30th, 2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 03:45 PM

I am not the one who you are going to have to convince.

Looking good so far. Best of luck.
Old August 30th, 2017, 04:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Basing an initial play test on only two tests will make it easier for someone to argue against you. As far as it being a simple math exercise...well that gets murky as well. Several figures had significant price drops by lowering their life so I'd imagine that there will be figures that will have a significantly greater impact getting an extra life.

I'd run more test and limit your use of other spells during the test. Small tests though like two figures per team so you can do a few quickly.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library