Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 21st, 2010, 07:37 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker
Re: Panopticon's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano*22 View Post
Nice looking Battlefields! I especially like Crystal Watch's combination of Dungeon and Swamp, which looks really great
Thank you very much, Nano.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Despite my disposition against BftU I played on Crystal Watch yesterday and loved both it's gameplay and aesthetics (something I believe is hard to acheive with the BftU).
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:40 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Despite my disposition against BftU I played on Crystal Watch yesterday and loved both it's gameplay and aesthetics (something I believe is hard to acheive with the BftU).
Thanks Rednax. I'm glad the game was enjoyable. Btw, what were the armies you used on the map? Did you notice any imbalances?

I just updated Crystal Watch with some minor changes. The most important was that I took the glyph off of the single-hex so that double-spaced figures could hold it.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 11:05 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Awesome maps Jonathan, I cant wait to play the new ones thursday.

Dustin
Old February 22nd, 2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
Awesome maps Jonathan, I cant wait to play the new ones thursday.
So Thursday it is. Can't wait!
Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
Quote:
Thanks Rednax. I'm glad the game was enjoyable. Btw, what were the armies you used on the map? Did you notice any imbalances?

I just updated Crystal Watch with some minor changes. The most important was that I took the glyph off of the single-hex so that double-spaced figures could hold it.
Well, actually, we just got finished playing a game with several glyphs, so I wanted to try a game without them on a different map. In other words, I played your map without the glyphs.

I noticed that most of the gameplay went to the gray area due to the lack of glyphs, so common sense would affirm that they were a good choice.

Still had fun though. My only concern really, is having 4 glyphs on one map. Sometimes having that many glyphs might not be as fun. If I were you, I'd probably either remove the center Treasure glyph, or the two un-centered Treasure Glyphs.

But then again, I never played with the glyphs, so I don't know. As a map-maker who I'm sure has had more games on it then me, you know best.

Still, realy fun map - both aesthetically and game-play wise.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Well, actually, we just got finished playing a game with several glyphs, so I wanted to try a game without them on a different map. In other words, I played your map without the glyphs.

I noticed that most of the gameplay went to the gray area due to the lack of glyphs, so common sense would affirm that they were a good choice.

Still had fun though. My only concern really, is having 4 glyphs on one map. Sometimes having that many glyphs might not be as fun. If I were you, I'd probably either remove the center Treasure glyph, or the two un-centered Treasure Glyphs.

But then again, I never played with the glyphs, so I don't know. As a map-maker who I'm sure has had more games on it then me, you know best.

Still, realy fun map - both aesthetically and game-play wise.
Ahh I see. Well I actually think that treasure glyphs affects on a game are a lot more subtle than regular glyphs. So it's my opinion that you can use more of them without affecting gameplay too adversely.

That being said I haven't really given these glyph setups the test of fire so to speak. I guess it would be good to use them in a worst case scenario like Q9 with all three. I still think it wouldn't be too bad. Also heros carrying glyphs become higher priority targets. So even thinking about trying to pickup a treasure glyph should be well thought out.

Basically I'm really interested in hearing what you and everyone else thinks about how Treasure Glyphs affect game play and mapmaking.
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:17 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Hello, I'm back! Sorry for the super delayed battle report posting of Dragon's Spine, but I haven't gotten around to any HS since my last report. I like the new trap on Crystal Watch, and I am also trying to get that map into a tourney my group is having in May.

EDIT: Alright, Crystal Watch is in the tournament, and I am definetly playing on Dragon's Spine and Murky Waters TODAY.

Last edited by Fedex worker; February 27th, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:22 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Alright just finished both maps, we played 500 points.
First was on Dragon's Spine

Me-
Jotun- 225
Sonlen- 385
Moriko- 495

Friend-
Su-Bak-Na- 160
Major Q9- 340
Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV)- 450
Marrden Nagrubs x1- 480
Isamu- 490

Really fast match. Started out by me moving Moriko to get both the treasure glyphs on my side, they were attack and healing. Sgt Drake meanwhile picked up two defense. Sgt. Drake dropped the glyphs and Q9 picked them up. I moved Jotun up and threw Moriko further along the board. Q9 shot some Queglix guns at Moriko causing three wounds. Moriko drank her potion and put two wounds on the Sgt. Su-Bak-Na moved up killed Jotun in two attacks, and the Sgt. killed Moriko in one attack. Sonlen moved up to the highest point in the map, took a shot a Q9 but couldn't get past the 9 defense. Su-Bak-Na moved towards Sonlen, caused two wounds. Sonlen healed one, got the Dragon Swoop and Su-Bak-na, and caused two wounds. Su-Bak-na then killed Sonlen in one hit.

There are too many treasure glyph on this map. The only ones should be towards the middle. Also, you might want to put more elevation on the dungeon 24-hexes.

Next game Murky Waters, 500 points. This game was squad heavy.

Me-
Venoc Warlord-120
Elite Onyx Vipers- 220
Fylorag Spiders x2- 300
Deathreavers x3- 420
Brave Arrow- 470
Otonashi- 480

Friend-
Marcus Decimus Gallus- 100
10th Regiment of Foot x2- 250
Roman Legionaires x2- 350
Roman Archers x2- 460
Marcu Esenwein- 480
Isamu- 490

Started out by one squad of my rats and his legos rushing the wound glyph. He got there first, and I was not able to get him off. He also moved MDG up onto the highest point. Next lost some rats and moved some more towards the glyph, along with the EOV and Brave Arrow. The legos stood there ground for a while until the rats killed them all, but 2 EOV were lost to adjacent attacks. The last EOV got mad to lose his friends, and he went on a frenzy killing the whole other squad of legos in one turn. My rats then took the glyph, but it was of no use because all the wounds went on Marcu. One squad of tenth moved up by MDG and the other went to attack the glyph. All the rats died, but the spiders moved up and killed two tenth. Then, the archers moved up, killed BA in one turn, and killed some spiders. The venoc warlord moved up, and finished off the 10th. Then the archers just cleaned up Otonashi and the Warlord.

I think for this map you should move the glyph into the swamp water tile next to its current location, or possibly in front of the hive. Also, you may want to change the glyph to something like Thorian, Ranneveig, or the one that gets rid of a figures special powers.
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:47 PM

Awesome battle reports. Thank you for taking the time to type them up and they will help a lot in determining future changes to these maps.

For Dragon's Spine I like one thing that the glyphs did, they got you and the other player to use tons of heros! But I do think that Q9 can begin to get a little out of hand if he's got a few glyphs. I will definitely be keeping a watchful eye on the glyphs.

As for Murky Waters, initially I did place the wound glyph on a lower swamp water tile but changed because I didn't like how double spaced figures couldn't land on it. Also what about the wound glyph specifically didn't you like?

Keep updated on the tournament I'm very excited and honored that you even considered including it in the map pool. I will be updating the treasure glyph placement on it based on your previous suggestion and experience from my own games. So stay tuned for the tweaked build instructions.
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
Awesome battle reports. Thank you for taking the time to type them up and they will help a lot in determining future changes to these maps.

As for Murky Waters, initially I did place the wound glyph on a lower swamp water tile but changed because I didn't like how double spaced figures couldn't land on it. Also what about the wound glyph specifically didn't you like?
Thanks!

I understand why you placed the glyph not on the swamp. I think maybe you could remake that area so the space that the glyph was orignally on is a water space, then it would make movement harder around the glyph area. The wound glyph is just one me and my friend really hate, so I guess it doesn't really matter what glyph, that was just my opinion
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:16 PM

Updated the first page with Desolation Pass.

Don't be alarmed that it doesn't use any SotM terrain. I've also become a site supporter so I'll eventually migrate the maps currently on Mediafire to this site.

Last edited by Panopticon; May 25th, 2010 at 10:43 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios