Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart
My first attempt at a custom Squad

Here is my first attempt at making a a custom squad of figures.

This was inspired by previous posts pertaining to multi life squads. I think I have captured the essence of the concept without adding confusion or taking away what makes a squad a "squad".

This is a Unique squad of three Demons.

The figures would be double based and of large size to help prolong the squads survivability against several squad destroying abilities.
I was going for a squad with added survivability that will stay at full strength and not fall until all its reserves are depleted.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

</IMG>

Last edited by Majai of Dreams; June 22nd, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:30 PM

Re: My first attempt at a custom Squad

Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:34 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post
Here is my first attempt at making a a custom squad of figures.

This was inspired by previous posts pertaining to multi life squads. I think I have captured the essence of the concept without adding confusion or taking away what makes a squad a "squad".

This is a Unique squad of three Demons.

The figures would be double based and of large size to help prolong the squads survivability against several squad destroying abilities.
I was going for a squad with added survivability that will stay at full strength and not fall until all its reserves are depleted.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

</IMG>

Essence Link
is a very intriguing ability - it allows a squad to remain at full strength much like a hero until they are completely destroyed. I was actually toying with this same idea, and I thought it would be fitting for some type of undead unit. It's hard to say what an ability like that is worth in terms of unit cost, but I think you're in the right ballpark. Nice work.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM

Essence Linkis a very intriguing ability - it allows a squad to remain at full strength much like a hero until they are completely destroyed. I was actually toying with this same idea, and I thought it would be fitting for some type of undead unit. It's hard to say what an ability like that is worth in terms of unit cost, but I think you're in the right ballpark. Nice work.[/quote]

Thanks. I was looking for a way to give a squad life and keep it at full power. I figure they would ge a strong match up against any of the big heavy hitters like Q9 or Jotun. Even with ranged opponents they can close the gap and be at full strength in time to drop many foes.
Old June 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

There are no figures on the card.

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:18 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disposable Hero View Post
He was probably just getting a "feel" for custom making. Some make customs that do not have figures. No biggie though I'm sure if you ask real nice he could put a stick figure in there some where.
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disposable Hero View Post
I am more interested in designing the abilities of the figures than actually making and playing with them.
I am not a big fan of introducing any figure to the HS table that hasn't undergone official playtesting by the designers.

Visually, picture Dumateff Guards repainted if that would help. 3 big stereotypical demons with spikes and horns etc.
I suppose in time I can draw up some pictures and add them to the card to give it a more "finished" look.

Hope that helps.

It is the ability on the card that I am most interested in hearing about.
Feedback there is appreciated.
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The power is very cool, love the power, though is 120 points enough for four attacks of four and four defense? There are four squad members for the four essence markers right?
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
The power is very cool, love the power, though is 120 points enough for four attacks of four and four defense? There are four squad members for the four essence markers right?

It is a squad of only 3. Even at 3 members it may be a lil undercosted. That's what I am tossing around.
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:

It is a squad of only 3. Even at 3 members it may be a lil undercosted. That's what I am tossing around.
I'm curious, four essence markers and three squad members. Why is that?
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For a few reasons.

Just to add to their life span. The number of counters does not have to equal the number of figures. To make the cost higher or lower, the number of counters can be modified.
There could even be a demon hero who adds 2 essence counters to them when it is destroyed.

I noticed 3 is a common number in some special attacks. 3 ice shards from Nilfheim, 3 blasts from Q9s Quelix gun at full power...
So I wanted this squad to stand up to an adversary even if they could drop a normal squad of 3.

I also conceptualized it as they each have a reserve life and after all are used up, the next hit shatters the squads connection to this plain.
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For a few reasons.

Just to add to their life span. The number of counters does not have to equal the number of figures. To make the cost higher or lower, the number of counters can be modified.
There could even be a demon hero who adds 2 essence counters to them when it is destroyed.

I noticed 3 is a common number in some special attacks. 3 ice shards from Nilfheim, 3 blasts from Q9s Quelix gun at full power...
So I wanted this squad to stand up to an adversary even if they could drop a normal squad of 3.

I also conceptualized it as they each have a reserve life and after all are used up, the next hit shatters the squads connection to this plain.
Very interesting. So we are basically looking at a four life hero with three attacks of four that may be modified by height and other powers. That is a fairly powerfull unit. Q-9 doesn't have that ability, I'll look it over more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards