Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Just played a nice bit of Bastion. I bought it while it was on sale yesterday, and it's very fun thus far. Though I must say, it's pretty hard to play it with a trackpad. If you plan on getting it, be sure you've got a mouse to use with it.
You just have to get used to it... Things smooth out when you become more familiar with the level design and how weapons shoot.

I finished Bastion a few months back... Great game and awesome soundtrack.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Son officially bought (played the trial only before) Dungeon Defenders and we had a blast in it last night. Cleared the first 3 campaigns - will probably try one of the challenges next.

One of the worst things in any tower defense game is the waiting for them to reach your defenses, being able to mix it up personally makes for a much faster and intense game and the map variety and gear variety so far is cool. Your mana can build /repair/upgrade defenses, help you buy new gear/pets or upgrade your stats or your gears stats. We lost the 3rd campaign mission the first time but a simply strategy change fixed everything. Blast to play!

Also downloaded DC Universe Online and played it a bit - like it's mechanics and how they are a good bit different from most MMO's. Much more actiony than say City of Heroes. Almost worth the 14 GB download for the intro movie alone.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:37 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

My son got Skylanders (Wii) for his B-day on Wednesday. The whole summoning circle/having to buy the characters if you want to play them, may be a gimmick, but it's really cool. He hasn't played this much Wii in months.

Crap, now I have something competing with my board games...

-insert signature here-
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
My son got Skylanders (Wii) for his B-day on Wednesday. The whole summoning circle/having to buy the characters if you want to play them, may be a gimmick, but it's really cool. He hasn't played this much Wii in months.

Crap, now I have something competing with my board games...
Son wants that for Christmas. It does rock that if he has a friend with a 360 or a PS3 he can take his figure over and play with it on an entirely different system.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:14 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yeah, and there has to be some sort cheezy mini game we can come up with as an alternate use of the figures (they really are nice).

-insert signature here-
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:34 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
It is a nice little gem. Really solid little story too.

More Dark Souls last night. Getting used to the way the game works, though I spent a considerable time trying to kill the first big demon boss. He's not that hard really, I just couldn't, for the life of me, pull off the plunge attack consistently.
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:

More Dark Souls last night. Getting used to the way the game works, though I spent a considerable time trying to kill the first big demon boss. He's not that hard really, I just couldn't, for the life of me, pull off the plunge attack consistently.

WOAH! I never even thought about plunging attacking. I just pushed him back, waited for him to swing, dodge rolled backwards, ran forward and hit him a few times and repeated this process several times. Got him on my third try that way. I may have to try plunging attacks on him for my next runthrough.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:25 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yeah, and there has to be some sort cheezy mini game we can come up with as an alternate use of the figures (they really are nice).

Gee, if only there was some miniatures game available that was really easy to make custom units for.....I wonder if they have a website or something?

I'm actually looking at getting that game(For Wii of course).

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

Gee, if only there was some miniatures game available that was really easy to make custom units for.....I wonder if they have a website or something?

I'm actually looking at getting that game(For Wii of course).
I too am greatly looking forward to playing this game with the wife. Got it for the xbox 360 and it has taken a lot out of me to not try it out before she gets a chance. Luckily I have LoTR: War in the North to occupy my time.

Yeah the figs are amazing looking.
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:29 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

WOAH! I never even thought about plunging attacking. I just pushed him back, waited for him to swing, dodge rolled backwards, ran forward and hit him a few times and repeated this process several times. Got him on my third try that way. I may have to try plunging attacks on him for my next runthrough.
How do you push back? I was having a terrible time dodging his club. Might be I just dodged too early or something, but he always seemed to be able to tag me. I couple messages on the stairs mentioned he was weak to lightning another one said plunge. I decided to use both and it took off half his health in one hit.
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

How do you push back? I was having a terrible time dodging his club. Might be I just dodged too early or something, but he always seemed to be able to tag me. I couple messages on the stairs mentioned he was weak to lightning another one said plunge. I decided to use both and it took off half his health in one hit.
If you just stay right on his legs, he will do an attack where he jumps back, then lunges forward. Dodgeroll backwards when he lunges, then quickly advance. He won't lunge forward enough to recover the ground he lost. If you lose too much ground, dodgeroll past him and just do the same from the other direction.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

I finished Deus Ex, and the only reason I was able to beat it was because of a bug I inadvertently discovered where the second to last boss got himself stuck in the room before finishing the last area. I must say though, even though the game was amazing...the final boss battle left something to be desired, and I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. But, que sera, sera.

I tried starting Bioshock 2 last night, but honestly, I'm not a huge fan of it and I'm sort of glad I only paid $8. It definitely isn't worth a $60 price tag. I think I was put off by the time difference in the first cut scene.

At least Assassin's Creed: Revelations comes out in a few weeks!

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games