Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 27th, 2021, 07:01 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Fwiw, C3G is totally going to start doing Gundam.
That's cool! But I don't care about Gundam; I care about Einar soulborgs
Old April 18th, 2021, 08:49 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Remember the discussion 18 months ago about an Aquilla Flag Bearer? I mentioned Gifted Vision's "Combat Clips" set, as available pre-painted Flags. Finally took pictures today. There's about a 1/2"-square area for a faction emblem to be placed on both flags, could be mass-printed on waterslide decal paper. The surfaces are wavy enough that using Micro Sol / Solvaset to ease the decal into the surface would be mandatory. It would have to be a Dwarf Flagbearer, 'cause each clip is five levels high from the base of the pole, and only a dwarf is short enough to not get in the way. Any dwarf, just pick some available sculpture...

Last edited by UtahScott; April 18th, 2021 at 10:32 PM.
Old June 28th, 2021, 12:21 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Our playgroup was discussing stats for a 5 point figure. We were thinking something like this:

"Mr. 5-Pointer"

1 life
5 move
1 range
1 attack
1 defense

when it dies, remove 1 wound marker from any other hero figure you control.
Old June 28th, 2021, 01:08 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Boil Em Mash Em Stick Em in a Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Our playgroup was discussing stats for a 5 point figure. We were thinking something like this:

"Mr. 5-Pointer"

1 life
5 move
1 range
1 attack
1 defense

This actually brings up a really fascinating discussion about 5 point figures starting here.

~Dysole, knowing if she doesn't link it someone else will
Old June 28th, 2021, 01:13 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Gifted Vision's "Combat Clips" set, as available pre-painted Flags ... It would have to be a Dwarf Flagbearer, 'cause each clip is five levels high from the base of the pole
I always felt like a Dwarf was the appropriate species for an Aquilla Flag Bearer anyway.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 23rd, 2021, 06:33 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Boil Em Mash Em Stick Em in a Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post

"Mr. 5-Pointer"

1 life
5 move
1 range
1 attack
1 defense

This actually brings up a really fascinating discussion about 5 point figures starting here.

~Dysole, knowing if she doesn't link it someone else will
Indeed Dysole...that was a great conversation...really good points as to why we probably don't want a 5pt figure...and I'm okay with that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 23rd, 2021, 07:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just makes want to do a 5 pointer for C3G now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 23rd, 2021, 07:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Mittens! Courtesy of @Sherman Davies .

Old July 24th, 2021, 06:34 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually have a 5 pointer squad somewhere...hold on! Let me dig.

Here it is...for 5 points.

Creepy Toads (common squad of 3)
Amphibians
Animals
Skittish
Small 1

Life 1
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 0

Slimey Creepyness 16 - When being attacked, roll a d20. On a 16 or higher the attacker is creeped out and will not complete the attack.

Leapfrog Movement - Instead of moving normally, Creepy Toads may leap onto friendly figures up to size 6 one hex away and then leap again up or down 6 more levels to the next adjacent hex.

It's an off-base squad but it's fun. I think I found a pack of 3 at a craft store and thought...really, that's just off-base...what the heck. I also have a squad of snapping turtle somewhere. Again, completely off-base but it's fun.
What do you think? Too strong for 5 points? Should it be a unique squad instead?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; July 24th, 2021 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Frog parking only, all others will be toad!
Old August 8th, 2021, 09:54 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Remember the discussion 18 months ago about an Aquilla Flag Bearer? I mentioned Gifted Vision's "Combat Clips" set, as available pre-painted Flags. Finally took pictures today. There's about a 1/2"-square area for a faction emblem to be placed on both flags, could be mass-printed on waterslide decal paper. The surfaces are wavy enough that using Micro Sol / Solvaset to ease the decal into the surface would be mandatory. It would have to be a Dwarf Flagbearer, 'cause each clip is five levels high from the base of the pole, and only a dwarf is short enough to not get in the way. Any dwarf, just pick some available sculpture...

I have not been in here in a long time, but this is a specific hole in Heroscape that has always bugged me. A few years back I had suggested that a member of this community who can sculpt design characters to fill specific niches in armies such as a Dwarven Aquilla flagbearer, but it wasn't too well received. At that time, I was thinking it would have to be out of something like Greensculpt or some other hard physical method, creating the problem of replicating it and getting it to the masses.

Since then, 3D modeling technology has become easily available, as well as high quality Resin 3D Printers. I have taught myself how to 3D sculpt, and have successfully sculpted some miniatures for another game (Dice Throne) in an unofficial capacity already. I also have a Resin 3D Printer to test the designs.

All of that being said, it has long been my dream to design a Dwarf Flag-Bearer for Aquilla, mimicking the proportional style of the Heroscape dwarves. If I were to do this, would this thread be the best place to help the Heroscape community have some say in the creation of such a miniature? Or would a custom designed miniature like that not meet the C3V Standards due to the necessity of printing and painting?
Old August 9th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

It's a complicated question. 3D printing opens up so many doors for filling out the missing areas adjancent to many beloved Heroscape figures, but it also crosses some bridges that frankly just haven't been crossed yet.

The largest obstacle is that Heroscape began and largely remains a pre-painted miniatures game. In the past VC has been reluctant to do miniatures that require painting, although Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior and Mad Dog Malone exist, and even in official Heroscape Sam Brown exists. My intuition is that producing and distributing the 3D printed miniatures would not be that hard. The designer could print large quantities of their design and distribute in the same method that C3V did Hrognak, and many others have 3D printers in the case the designer were to disappear. So painting the figure is probably the largest obstacle to designs only accessible through 3D printing; I just don't know how people would feel about the painting part.

I can say that personally, as an SoV judge, I would not let the fact that a miniature was 3D printed dissuade me from voting yes on a design. I would have to 3D print the miniature myself to make sure that it was high quality enough to stand with official Heroscape figures, but I believe that's possible with current 3D modeling and 3D printing technology. I do not know if other judges would feel the same way.

So, I guess what I would say is give it a try! Design a custom flagbearer dwarf model, solicit feedback on sculpt and design in the Pre-SoV thread, and see where things go. If you don't want to all of the designing and testing yourself, I'm confident many people there would be very excited to work on a design like this.
Old August 19th, 2021, 03:17 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here are a few figures I thought could enter consideration if they haven't already.

Aquilla Flagbearer
Spoiler Alert!
Jandar Raptorian Hero
Spoiler Alert!
Insect Hero with an Ice buff of some sort.
Spoiler Alert!
Marro Blob
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 19th, 2021 at 07:40 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs