Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 1st, 2020, 10:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I finally got around to painting my 2 units of Rebel Commandos, after having them sitting in Legion pile for quite a while, with many other Legion and other projects jumping ahead of them in the queue. I'll have to get the Imperial Scouts done next to keep things equal

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 6th, 2020, 08:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I got my Haven Walls from Blacksite Studios put together. I added some more weathering to the metal and added some basing materials to spruce it up. There were a few extra fencing buts, so I added them to a couple mdf bases I textured to get more scatter terrain.

Between these and the shipping containers I assembled a week or so ago, I can make a nice settlement for Fallout.

[IMG]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81304838_3942327902459603_7224754399170527232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oh c=oEb9606kYjAAQkJ9UV6HBK_gjI5sTe9GSC-FUh07FV3dnv7iwKpnwiZFg&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=b009a6740053e7d549f07acdcbae8d35&oe=5EB3F8D0[/IMG

Old January 6th, 2020, 06:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The walls look great @Hahma . I think that should be very fun to play on with that large group of mutants to take on. I did get a 3 player legion in last saturday. We used key positions, clear conditions and a variant for placement for our forces since it was 3 player making 6 zones 3 down each long side of the board and splitting your forces as you wish between the two. I have my clones assembled and primed but not painted so we played rebs and imps. I played Imperials as usual with my brother and brother in law both using rebels. I figured they would take armor so I kitted my stormtroopers out with Impact grenades and gave one squad a HH12 rocket launcher trooper. We were using a few of the newer cards that have come out and I printed off extras of course along with some cards of the luke and vader operatives to try out. I put most of my forces in the one side in the middle and only 1 squad of stormies with a dlt on the end on the other side. I ran krennic, boba fett, 2 deathtroopers with dlt, 1 shoretrooper with no mortar but otherwise kitted out, and two stormies both kitted out. 1 with dlt and 1 with rocket launcher. From turn one they start charging me from both sides on my clustered start zone. I hit them with range 4 dts and as they got in closer hit them with everything else. I cut through their armor on that side killing all of it by round 2. I was ripping it up against both forces for 2/3rds of the game. Ultimately having a draw after turn six because I could take enough objectives. It was super fun. Ive been modding and modeling some files in my 3d programs to print in resin for some additional legion proxies. Ill probably still buy 1 of each set like I had planned though. But with the proxies we will have an awesome amount of options/proxies. I got a cool file with 7 different mandolorian sculpts. Out of the different files on thingiverse, the units that are legion size are a bit skinnier than legions ffg models, so I have been chunkying them up in blender with a tweak to the x and y axis scale. Along with swapping out weapons for them. Should be fun. We also got to play on the big rock formations I made. It was neat using jetpacks and grappling hooks to get up there. There are quite a few new upgrade cards that really allow for more fun play styles. By the time we play again Im sure Ill have some extra reb and stormy upgrade troopers. Putting training or extra gear on stormtroopers should really help them out. Ive decide to assess my minis and games situation sometime soon to figure out what needs to stay or go.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 6th, 2020, 08:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Red face Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Glad you got a game of Legion in @TREX . Sounds like it was fun. That seems to be the game that you are most passionate about. So I know those minis are in the keep pile

Regarding that setup I had for those walls and shipping containers, that would be an interesting game with the Super Mutants attacking in force like that. Certainly some would have to climb the walls or shipping containers, while some get in through the shipping container tunnel. I could make a rule for the Suiciders to be able to blast a hole through a wall.

I do have 4 solo games of Fallout played between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have the AARs of them on FB and BGG, but will have to get them here at some point.

Old January 8th, 2020, 04:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Glad you got a game of Legion in @TREX . Sounds like it was fun. That seems to be the game that you are most passionate about. So I know those minis are in the keep pile

Regarding that setup I had for those walls and shipping containers, that would be an interesting game with the Super Mutants attacking in force like that. Certainly some would have to climb the walls or shipping containers, while some get in through the shipping container tunnel. I could make a rule for the Suiciders to be able to blast a hole through a wall.

I do have 4 solo games of Fallout played between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have the AARs of them on FB and BGG, but will have to get them here at some point.
So I had been telling myself I wouldnt buy any more minis for a bit so I could catch up on some of my backlog, and assess my plans for what I want to do with my games and hobby area. I guess we had ebay bucks that were going to expire so I picked up the Imperial eweb team for Legion with the ebay bucks and a little extra. I do have models I modified to make more legion squad figures on my 3d printer but I havent got back to printing on it til I get my shop setup with some ventilation. Some of the games that went in the maybe pile were kinda tough. I put bloodrage and rising sun in there. I did the rising sun kickstarter and have all the stuff for it. When I do get to play games I dont usually get 3 or more people playing whereas rising sun requires at least 3 so I havent even got it to the table. It has tons of fantastic minis and the game is rated pretty highly but I just dont think Ill get to play it. Its got alot of really cool oni demons, monsters, and feudal japanese looking models so I may hold off on dumping it. I have my workshop in disarray at the moment making it hard to get painting done. Ive got to rearrange things to put all my printers in working positions and get my painting desk opened back up. That will be a weekend project for sure. Ive also debated what to do with my excess random minis that were labeled to make Heroscape customs with. There are easily 300 or more of those that I may just use in games like frostgrave. Its a tough call for sure on that stuff.

Old January 8th, 2020, 04:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

I played Rising Sun once, shortly after it came out. I liked it. But yeah, you need a certain amount of players.

Old January 13th, 2020, 02:50 AM
"like" happy

I need to take more pics. Here are some shots of a 3 player, 800pt game, that I almost won but went to a draw at round 6. I was ripping up both opponent's, but my one brother has an unnatural command of the dice, and swooped in just in time to make the game go to a draw. There were 3 objectives across the middle of the board and it came down to me taking one, and my brother taking one. My brother in law was out by then. My brother sawed down a full squad of death troopers with sabines darksaber and jetpacked up to the central objective on turn six to screw me out of the win. I don't believe I have won a single game of legion as of yet. One time on a team game, but otherwise nope. My tactics aren't crap. Its my brother's demonic control and influence over the dice.

This game was finished tonight. We used some slightly modified setup rules. We used the skirmish format. But my 3x3 board has extended 6 inch sides to help make my bigger board, so we played a 3x4 but used the skirmish rules. Except we also played with a full 800pt list with those parameters. So basically skirmish setup with full points and parameters. I print off extra cards for my games so we can have whatever setup we want and we used proxies for the rebel captains, and Imperial captains to be able to give our stormtroopers and rebel troopers a training upgrade. There is also another card that I don't think has been released yet either that is called "Offensive Push" that is super great. Its a 4pt Training card that gives a free aim when doing a move action. Its exhaustable, but totally worth it at the front of the game. Naturally I have as many copies as needed to load up however many squads we want to with it. I also printed out the cards for Jedi Knight Luke and Darth Vader Operatives cards to test them out before they were released. Jedi Knight Luke ripped me a new appendage. I was able to take down his AT RT's but Luke was able to jump right in the mix and screw me over round after round. I never got initiative once. Completely Rocked. It was pretty fun though. I'm pretty used to not ever getting a win and still had a good time. The last two rounds were just for the sake of him getting to do a victory lap on my guys corpses. But I usually finish games just because I "Imagine" it would be lame if the other guy just concedes and doesn't let you own your win. Here's just a couple pics.

I think Legion is probably up there as one of my favorite games. Its exactly what I wanted Imperial Assault skirmish to be.
I'm for sure going to be picking up a set of the Storm trooper, rebel trooper, clones phase 1, and b1 battledroids upgrade packs. Lots of value in there for people with lots of regular core box forces.

Old January 13th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Awesome looking boards @TREX . Nice to see the pictures of your games.

Old January 13th, 2020, 10:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Did you make that mountain terrain?
Old January 13th, 2020, 03:34 PM
"like" happy

Thanks @Hahma , I always forget to really take pics while we play. I generally go with 1 of 3 setups. Either the forest/jungle board, an industrial looking board, or an underdark/alien looking world. @Tornado , yeah, the big rock formations are 2inch xps foamboard that I cut with my scroll saw, then stacked up, glued together with hot glue, then I cut the ridges into them with a hot wire cutter tool. Nowadays I generally use a thick oil based black paint that I brush on to the foam to seal it. Then I use acrylic to drybrush the grey areas and highlights. The oil based stuff allows me to seal it with spray on clearcoat to seal the greys after. All my terrain except the barricades that came with the game was crafted by me or made by me on my 3d printers. All of my stuff is also painted by me. I put in a ton of work on this stuff to never really win any games. Its my own fault though. The dice hate me, and I am overly helpful when teaching new players while Im playing against them.

Old January 19th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

I finally got around to painting one of my two Imperial Scout units for Star Wars Legion.

I started them a little bit after finishing my Rebel Commandos, but I have been distracted from painting because I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions LCG. Up to 45 games played now, including 2 with Brian. Love the game.

But I decided to put my nose to the grindstone and finish these guys off this morning. I kept the bases simple with this unit. The other unit I plan on painting the troopers in a green and black scheme and will have some greenery on the bases.

I painted Sabine Wren for Star Wars Legion today. I'm not familiar with her, as I've never watched the Star Wars animated shows. But she was fun to paint. Definitely brighter colors and "cleaner" than I usually paint, so she was a nice change.

Old January 20th, 2020, 01:56 AM
"like" happy

Following up here after looking at some additional comments on your scouts on fb. I think Im going to just 3d print a couple more sniper scouts. Seeing how the added trooper of the 2 man sniper team is the sniper. I could print off a couple snipers and use other squad members of the scouts as their spotter if Im not using that full squad in a build. I cant wait to grab some of the new units that upgrade the stormies and rebel troopers. Ive been proxying them with printed cards and figures along with my brother doing the same with rebels. Those packs really do a ton for those units and bring many more options for players using the core boxes. I have been building quite a few lists in tabletop admiral for Imps and rebs lately. Lots of cool stuff. I started to build some lists for clones and droids but stopped short because I havent put the droids together yet and Ive only picked up 1 core box and 1 extra commander box of each faction. I plan on getting into that once I get enough units to fill out a standard list. I did a bit of hobby work on my runewars game this evening after putting together a bunch of prizes and stuff for an upcoming HoSS promotional thing. I dont get much heroscape in lately but still want to help the project. I made a few more of the dice bowls for it along with other things like the one I sent out to you with star wars factions. Im trying to get my hobby stuff a bit more organized this year.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures